Plasma or LCD ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just got my 50" panasonic viera full-hd plasma (s10 series). :banana

the picture quality is absolutely stunning.

i played the iron man blu ray on a panny home theatre system (bt205: which is also superb). colours were rich, blacks were deep & solid, and detail was impeccable. and there are no image ghosting or lag issues like with most lcds.

i've done a side-by side comparison with my brother's 42" philips full-hd lcd. and while lcd screens have their merits, i can safely say plasmas are the way to go for me. no contest. :cool:

hey ween if you get a chance can you let me know what the valid dates on those coupons are?

thanks!

January 22 - 31st. I got mine through the mail, but I also got them in an email. I might be able to forward the email to you so you can print them off.

plasmas are good for tv and movies,great picture but dont pause a movie for more then a few minites the still image burns into the screenmand never play video games an a plasma,lcds ate great for movies and perfect for vidoe games and no burning issues,so l say lcds are the best,that what l will buy when l get a new tv

Most of that is old myths now.

I prefer my LCD to my plasma. The plasma gives me a better picture in HD but I dislike the burn-in it creates with logos on the side of the screen...

Nothing is worse than turning on the TV the next day and seeing the USA (NBC, CBS, ABC, etc) networks logo burned in on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

thats no way to treat a guy that took all your advice, bought the plasma and even bought yer darn warranty. :)

well show you dont know shiiiit about tvs ,just look at nitros comment,and people who sells tv say the same things,that has happend to friends of mine.

Nitro may have, and the TV salesmen might have, an old myth that is susceptible to burn in. The point is, the advancements in technology are outstripping the speed with which people are buying these old myths.

A salesman that is trying to sell an LCD (for example, a Sony dealer, like I have in my town) will happily perpetuate this myth.

I know from countless hours of research and personal experience that burn in is almost a non issue.

Actually all TV's including tubes and LCD's can have image retention.

Although plasma may be a smidge more likely to have IR it is not even close to a reason to buy LCD instead. Not saying there aren't valid reasons to buy LCD over plasma, IR just isn't one of them imho.

Back