Please check your Ironman 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will cost you $600-$800 to get it repainted properly. Your better off just sending it back for a refund its not worth what you paid for it. I think asking $200 for that bust is pushing it. This bust is SS's all time failure, it will not appreciate in value over time ether. You will be able to pick up another one in the future for MUCH less $$$ im sure of it...then you can repaint that one.

Thats what I did.....

Chris

...biggest failure ever...and no statement (for all I know) from SS. :monkey2

I checked mine 5-6 months ago - looked fine no trouble....:wacky
BUT today it were starting cracking in the red paint and in the grey base paint ?????:banghead The red color is flaking of in big scale down in the space between schoulder and neck.....the base has minor cracks at the top and side.....:confused::sick It has been in storage in its original box in 21 degress !!!!

I looks like its not going to last.......maybe whitin in 6 months or a year the paint problems is so fatal that it needs a total repaint.....

I can see the bust has never been sanded and primed :banghead:banghead:duh:duh

What to do about it ? What will Sideshow say ?
This is my SECOND bust the first one cracked and totally chipped of in the base paint whitin 4-6 days :horror

Last edited:
I checked mine 5-6 months ago - looked fine no trouble....:wacky
BUT today it were starting cracking in the red paint and in the grey base paint ?????:banghead The red color is flaking of in big scale down in the space between schoulder and neck.....the base has minor cracks at the top and side.....:confused::sick It has been in storage in its original box in 21 degress !!!!

I looks like its not going to last.......maybe whitin in 6 months or a year the paint problems is so fatal that it needs a total repaint.....

I can see the bust has never been sanded and primed :banghead:banghead:duh:duh

What to do about it ? What will Sideshow say ?
This is my SECOND bust the first one cracked and totally chipped of in the base paint whitin 4-6 days :horror

WOW! Sorry to hear about that. At least, you're not the only one. Because of stories like these, I can honestly say that I'm thankful I canceled my order when I did. Headaches like these are uncalled for, especially when your talking about the price tag on these pieces. I wish you the best of luck. Ask for a full refund, and wipe your hands clean of this one.

Sorry to hear about that. At least, you're not the only one. Because of stories like these, I can honestly say that I'm thankful I canceled my order when I did. Headaches like these are uncalled for, especially when your talking about the price tag on these pieces. I wish you the best of luck. Ask for a full refund, and wipe your hands clean of this one.

I can´t do that...the bust is a must to the upcomming IronMan 2 display I have to make for the cinema premiere

i haven't checked this thread in a while......and all i can say it OMG i think everyone of these pieces of junk are going to start flaking soon or later. i mean you can't tell me they primed any of these things properly, i doubt that they even primed one of them, which means everyone of these will eventually start flaking.

what a piece of shat. way to go ssc.
i'm outta here. i'm embarrased and i didn't even purchase one of these.:monkey2

I just cancelled my Mark II on order. It honestly isnt worth the trouble and Im willing to bet those will follow suit also. Their was only ONE of these things properly made and its sitting on a shelf at SS. The rest that were put on the production line are ALL complete garbage and worthless in my opinion. Like I've said before I think Im just going to stick with Cinemaquette, they would never allow products like these leave the factory. SS has become to commercialized these days and in an attempt to turn more profit they have sacrificed quality for quantity. Unfortunate....

Chris

Is the paint flaking isolated to just the regular Iron Man bust, or are the Mark II silver version and the Battle Damaged versions suffering from the same issue?
I would like to get a Battle Damaged (aka regular return version) bust to go with the new life size Hulk but if the whole run is compromised I will wait for the inevitable War Machine bust to come...and flake later....
Thanks if you can help.

Is the paint flaking isolated to just the regular Iron Man bust, or are the Mark II silver version and the Battle Damaged versions suffering from the same issue?
I would like to get a Battle Damaged (aka regular return version) bust to go with the new life size Hulk but if the whole run is compromised I will wait for the inevitable War Machine bust to come...and flake later....
Thanks if you can help.
I don't think the problem is as big as most fellow freaks claimed. All you heard is how bad the flaking is but no one post pictures to see the actual damages. I had two regular, one battle damage and the mark 2 coming soon. They are still perfect, maybe i am one of the lucky one.

Please god, let the Life size Hulk bust be OK.Or Sideshow there will be hell to pay.

pray.jpg

I don't think the problem is as big as most fellow freaks claimed. All you heard is how bad the flaking is but no one post pictures to see the actual damages. I had two regular, one battle damage and the mark 2 coming soon. They are still perfect, maybe i am one of the lucky one.

Honestly, I do believe all/most claims I've read. There have been enough pics of the paint flaking for this to be any sort of conspiracy theory or chicken little scenario.

SS screwed up. Okay, the factory that SS employed screwed up, but still SS ultimate responsibility. I hope this issue was isolated to a single factory and a small period of time during overall production.

I checked mine and its flaking and cracking all inside the neck-the face- and the back. I was one of those that thought it was an isolated incident and then time proved me wrong.

Back