Preorder 66 - High-end Toy Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I know Im behind, but ive listened to Ep. 1 and am currently listening to Ep. 2. Great podcast guys, really cool. I like the various talk between figures and statues and other randomness thrown in for good measure. Really helps my day go by at work and its great to hear people with similar interest to throw their opinions out there.

You got yourself a listener for sure.

* One more thing on the Super Robot Chogokin line, you guys were asking about diecast in the line. They do have diecast, I know this was sort of answered in Ep. 1, but im just saying they do have various diecast parts from joints to feet and legs usually being diecast.

Thanks so much for the kind words! :)

Man, EP01 feels like an eternity ago, though. :lol I think the show has certainly evolved since then. We definitely found our groove in later eps. I find the first one almost hard to listen to now. Haha. So, hopefully you'll dig the more current stuff.

And yeah, I've definitely opened up my heart (and wallet) to the Super Robot Chogokin Line since that first episode. I LOVE my GaoGaiGar, Dai-Guard and Mazinger. They definitely packed more diecast (and cool factor) than I was expecting. I'm on the hunt for more, now. Do you collect the line?

Thanks for giving us a shot. Let us know if you have any listener questions! You can PM us here, check out our facebook/twitter or email [email protected].

Wow don't know how i missed this till now but this is an absolutely amazing and entertaining podcast guys and make sure to keep this goin for a Very long time and congratulations on your sponsorship from ae as well

Edit..

I was still in the process of listening to your show that i just am finding out about and was over at macrossworld reading a thread for a 1/6 scale Hikaru Ichijo Pilot Outfit thread from a few years ago and seen your podcast advertised in someones signature and looked at the name of the person an it was you,

Like i said i did not know about your show before today and now i am seeing your show everywhere lol !!!

I thought I had responded to this post, but it doesn't seem to have gone through. Oops!

I'm always excited to meet a fellow Macross fan. As you can tell by listening to the show, I'm the only cast member that has a deep love for the franchise, so I kinda feel like I'm talking to myself when I go on and on about the latest valks. :lol

But I'm really glad you dig the show. If you have any questions you want us to tackle on air, let us know. :)

Another decent installment. Though I did fine myself skipping some long winded segments. The "hand" bit was the funnAy.

Thanks so much for the kind words! :)

Man, EP01 feels like an eternity ago, though. :lol I think the show has certainly evolved since then. We definitely found our groove in later eps. I find the first one almost hard to listen to now. Haha. So, hopefully you'll dig the more current stuff.

And yeah, I've definitely opened up my heart (and wallet) to the Super Robot Chogokin Line since that first episode. I LOVE my GaoGaiGar, Dai-Guard and Mazinger. They definitely packed more diecast (and cool factor) than I was expecting. I'm on the hunt for more, now. Do you collect the line?

Thanks for giving us a shot. Let us know if you have any listener questions! You can PM us here, check out our facebook/twitter or email [email protected].

Yeah I listened to episode 2 today. I dont want to rush thru them to quick because I like to listen to them while Im at work. Ep. 2 was great as well. I really like the breaks and use of commercials and other audio clips used it really sounds professional and just something to kind of laugh at for the beginning of a new segment.

As for Super Robot Chogokin line yeah I collect them. I switched from the bigger SOC line and started collecting these guys now. I have Altstein (sp), Reideen, Mazinger, Shinkenoh. GaoGarGar and Daigaurd are on my list. I really like the more classic robots, but so far they've all been outstanding. So far my favorite has probably been Altstein just a good hefty bot with a crazy chunky design.

Another decent installment. Though I did fine myself skipping some long winded segments. The "hand" bit was the funnAy.

Oh yes the hand segment :monkey2 ... ah fun times!

So some of the tangents are a bit much for you? Would love to know when it works and when it does not for ya.

EP12 is LIVE!

preorder66_episode12_main.jpg

PREORDER 66 - EP12 "SHOCKED"
i.e. Furniture. FURNITURE?!
Recorded 11.05.2011

It's GogDog to the rescue as bad circumstances take out TWO hosts. Crasis announces the first official Preorder66 Giveaway - the MORTacular Contest. Grand Theft Auto gets some 1/6 love. Yoda Claus comes to town. Starscream becomes a Masterpiece...again. Jarodimus stares into Batman's eyes...

preorder66_episode12_yoda.jpg

EP12 on iTunes! Please subscribe and review us today!

preorder66_episode12_starscream.jpg

RSS feed

Direct link to Enhanced Version (m4a - preferred)

Direct link to audio-only version (mp3 - not as fancy)

preorder66_episode12_batman.jpg

Do you want your words to be heard on future episodes? Please send listener questions, comments, constructive criticism and more to:
[email protected]

Follow us on twitter: @Preorder66

LIKE us on facebook!
Preorder 66 Podcast | Facebook

OH, AND ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
THE
PREORDER66 MORTacular Contest!

Crasis recently scored first place in the Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular MORT-ifying photo contest. And he wants to share his prize with one lucky Preorder66 listener!

"Good for him! Why should I care? What can I WIN??"

You could win a SOLD OUT Sideshow 2011 Spooktacular Readyness kit, which includes a 12" Zombie Mort Plush, a Sideshow Ceramic Mug of Mayhem (randomly packed in either orange or blue), Horrifically Caffeinated American Roast Coffee, a Sideshow 2012 Calendar, an Eco-Terrifying Tote Bag and more!

"I dig plush zombies. Now how do I ENTER?"

Check out crasis' winning entry at the Sideshow Collectibles facebook page and see if you can spot the Preorder66 "easter egg" he placed into his winning photo.

Once you spot it, send an email with the subject line "MORT" to [email protected], or direct message us on twitter (@Preorder66). Include a brief description of what you think the easter egg is and where it is located in the photo.

The winner will be randomly selected from all entries - old school style. We're literally going to throw all your names into a hat. The winner will be notified within 6 weeks and will be responsible for shipping fees.

Note: This contest is in no way affiliated with Sideshow Collectibles or Sideshow, Inc. Preorder66 is not responsible for any mutilations or "accidents" that may occur by allowing a zombie into your home. Look both ways before crossing. Shower regularly.

Note 2: If JackSack hadn't ditched me this week, I could have had much more professional legal copy.

_____

The response to our MORT giveaway has been strong so far. Keep those entries coming, people! :) We'll announce the winners on EP14 (sometime in the first week of December).

Meanwhile, EP13 will drop next week, around Thanksgiving. Gobble it up. (Man, that was so lame I don't even...)

EP13 is LIVE!

preorder66_episode13_.jpg

PREORDER 66 - EP13 "PICTURES"
i.e. No one can see it, Empir3!
Recorded 11.16.2011

Despite personal woes, Empir3 returns...and quickly forgets he's on a non-video podcast. The crew discuss the merits of monkey wrenches, 1/6 cocaine, Dirty Dutch, bulldozers, water heaters... Oh, and SPOILER: the TRUE creator of the WWRobots is revealed!

preorder66_episode13_waterheater.jpg

EP13 on iTunes! Please subscribe and review us today!

preorder66_episode13_figures.jpg

RSS feed

preorder66_episode13_topshelfserenity.jpg

Do you want your words to be heard on future episodes? Please send listener questions, comments, constructive criticism and more to:
[email protected]

LIKE us on facebook!

preorder66_episode13_robitsgiant.jpg

OH, AND DON'T FORGET!
ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN

THE
PREORDER66 MORTacular Contest!

UPDATE: The winner will be announced on EP14.
Final entries must be received by 12:00 AM EST on November 29, 2011 to be eligible.

Crasis recently scored first place in the Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular MORT-ifying photo contest. And he wants to share his prize with one lucky Preorder66 listener!

"Good for him! Why should I care? What can I WIN??"

You could win a SOLD OUT Sideshow 2011 Spooktacular Readyness kit, which includes a 12" Zombie Mort Plush, a Sideshow Ceramic Mug of Mayhem (randomly packed in either orange or blue), Horrifically Caffeinated American Roast Coffee, a Sideshow 2012 Calendar, an Eco-Terrifying Tote Bag and more!

"I dig plush zombies. Now how do I ENTER?"

Check out crasis' winning entry at the Sideshow Collectibles facebook page and see if you can spot the Preorder66 "easter egg" he placed into his winning photo.

Once you spot it, send an email with the subject line "MORT" to [email protected], or direct message us on twitter (@Preorder66). Include a brief description of what you think the easter egg is and where it is located in the photo.

The winner will be randomly selected from all entries - old school style. We're literally going to throw all your names into a hat. The winner will be contacted by December 5th and will be responsible for shipping fees.

Note: This contest is in no way affiliated with Sideshow Collectibles or Sideshow, Inc. Preorder66 is not responsible for any mutilations or "accidents" that may occur by allowing a zombie into your home. Look both ways before crossing. Shower regularly.

Note 2: If JackSack hadn't ditched me TWO WEEKS IN A ROW, I could have had much more professional legal copy.

_____

preorder66_episode14_kotetsu.jpg

"Hi! I'm crasis, the member of Preorder66 who likes to collect robots with guitars.
Seth Buzzard drops by to talk about water heaters, clones and Asian Conventions.
We all learn a new word in the process.

NEXT TIME ON PREORDER66: EP14 'TOYOTASATSU'
See ya!"

EP14 is LIVE!

preorder66_episode14_.jpg

PREORDER 66 - EP14 "TOYOTASATSU"
i.e. Call in the EXPERTS!
Recorded 11.30.2011

Special Guest Seth Buzzard REALLY wants to talk about water heaters. Crasis digs through untranslated foreign websites to bring you the most AUTHENTIC Asian winter convention coverage...the Preorder66 way. Oh boy. SO, UMM...Hot Toys Bespin Luke, huh? TIGER AND BUNNY 1/6 FIGURES, TAMASHII? Thanks! And thanks again!

And the winner of the MORTacular Contest is revealed!

preorder66_episode14_bespinluke.jpg

EP14 on iTunes! Please subscribe and review us today!

preorder66_episode14_tandb.jpg

RSS feed

preorder66_episode14_baroness.jpg

[email protected]

LIKE us on facebook!

preorder66_episode14_ggg.jpg

Hi, Seth.

preorder66_episode14_incomingalt.jpg

_____

I tried the links and they dont seem to be letting me download the podcast. I am at work though...maybe thats the issue, havent had it before, but never know I guess. I'll try once I get home.

I tried the links and they dont seem to be letting me download the podcast. I am at work though...maybe thats the issue, havent had it before, but never know I guess. I'll try once I get home.

Hrrm. It could be a firewall or block at work preventing you from downloading...? I've tried it now on two computers and an iPhone and all seems well. Let me know if you continue to have any problems at home.

Hey Crasis, more than likely thats probably what it was. I just downloaded it now so I can listen to it at work.

Just getting into this. Currently listening to episode one. Sounds like a good show. Definitely like it and look forward to listening to the rest of the shows as I am able to! Keep up the great work guys!

Just getting into this. Currently listening to episode one. Sounds like a good show. Definitely like it and look forward to listening to the rest of the shows as I am able to! Keep up the great work guys!

Thanks man , we have grown a lot since the first episode. Would love to hear what you think of everything when you catch up.

yeah this is a great podcast, even when you have the guests on like gog and seth. The last ep. was really good and made me laugh because Seth just kept going on and on...but in a good way. Always loving the TFW guys.

Hey guys just wanted to say your show has made my cold walks to work much more enjoyable started from episode 1 and now on 12. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Glad we could help out :D

yeah this is a great podcast, even when you have the guests on like gog and seth. The last ep. was really good and made me laugh because Seth just kept going on and on...but in a good way. Always loving the TFW guys.

Hah thanks yea its always great when we can get some guests on to add some different points of view.

Back