RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just going to throw this out there but 1987 is a great year for movies. I think I saw more movies at the cinema this year over any other. RoboCop, Princess Bride, Raising Arizona, The Untouchables, Predator, Evil Dead 2, Withnail And I, Tin Men, Hellraiser, The Hidden, Angel Heart, Prince Of Darkness, Lost Boys, Broadcast News, Empire Of The Sun, Sign O The Times, Full Metal Jacket, Near Dark, Innerspace, Moonstruck, Planes Trains & Automobiles, A Night On The Town, Wall St, Best Seller, Roxanne, Some Kind Of Wonderful, Elm St 3, Stepfather, La Bamba, Fatal Attraction, Last Emperor, Good Morning Vietnam, Spaceballs, Opera, Amazon Women On The Moon. I mean sure not all of these are great great but wow you just don’t get that kind of quality depth in a year anymore.

I think pretty much every year during the 80s had that kind of amazing lineup.
True but I think it’s the volume, increasing number of productions, they just didn’t make as many movies back in 81 and it was building to a peak and at least for me the quality started to slide after this, films became less cinematic to conform to tv, people like Joe Dante and Spielberg have even admitted this, they made films in the 90s that used the wide frame less so it could be pan scanned onto tv easier. Last Crusade for example just isn’t as breathtakingly cinematic as Raiders. Sorry as usual I’m getting carried away.

Back