Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Ok im looking for some feedback on good ol Indy. I tried some new techniques, mainly the stubble and the eye color. Let me know what you guys think. I have not added the gloss yet to the eyes. I posted a pic i used as reference for the look i was going for.

Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark_2.jpg

IMG_9450.png

Last edited:

Love the flesh tones on this one but I think the stubble may be a little too dark

looks great. couple of comments - lips look a bit too pink, and the mustache area looks too big, like there isn't enough upper lip, or that the mustache comes up to close to the nose. if you see in the pic, there is a little gap between the bottom of the nose and the top of the mustache.

Thanks guys as mentioned im still tweeking it. Appreciate the feedback so far and i have taken notes on some of the suggested areas. :gun

Looks great. I look forward to seeing the update. I will be sending you my Indy headsculpt for sure :)

Eric

The one comment I'd make on Indy is that the stubble should be thinned out a little beneath the lower lip. Looks just a bit too full.

Simply beautiful Josh, maybe I would add some dust to the hat.
;)

Simply beautiful Josh, maybe I would add some dust to the hat.
;)

Thanks! Yeah i actually did add some dust in certain areas. You cant tell from that one pic but im going to post more once i finish him. In that pic his hat looks like chocolate :lol

Last edited:

Hey Josh, I would say the stubble needs to be lightened a little and the it should also seem to blend more into his face as it goes higher up his cheeks. The stubble looks too defined, as if it were trimmed to look that way. Otherwise, things are looking good so far.

I agree with pretty much all that's been said about the stubble. Thin it out a but below the nose, on the chin (shouldn't be as 'full'. It should be a 'w' as apposed to all filled in)and on the cheeks where it starts.

Other than that it looks AMAZING!!! (who's is it?? :monkey3)

I thought it was his personal piece.

I posted this a few other places but here is the Indy i have been working on which seems like forever now. I took a break from sculpts for a sec to put him together. Big thanks to Shawn for the jacket and whip also to M Fisher for the gun belt. I may put him on a custom base eventally.

IMG_947511.png

IMG_94751.png

I posted this a few other places but here is the Indy i have been working on which seems like forever now. I took a break from sculpts for a sec to put him together. Big thanks to Shawn for the jacket and whip also to M Fisher for the gun belt. I may put him on a custom base eventally.

IMG_947511.png

IMG_94751.png

That. Looks. AMAZING!!!! :horror

Hope I can get my ROTLA Indy to look like that! :rock

Back