"The Batmobile" documentary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
“THE BATMOBILE” DOCUMENTARY SPECIAL

PREMIERES MONDAY JULY 16 AT 8:00 PM

ON THE CW NETWORK

July 9, 2012 (Burbank, CA) ─ The broadcast network premiere of the new half-hour special on the history and evolution of the Batmobile – THE BATMOBILE – will air on Monday, July 16, 8:00-8:30pm ET on The CW. An encore of the special will air from 8:30-9:00pm ET.

The special will have its world premiere screening at Comic Con in San Diego on July 12, where all six of the Batmobiles from film and television will also appear for the first time together.

From its inception in the late 1930s, the Batmobile has been a symbol of power, hope and justice, as well as the pinnacle of technology as the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman’s arsenal. In its contemporary and most robust form as the Tumbler, the Batmobile is a combination of unbridled creativity, advanced technology and the pursuit of “justice on wheels.”

The special uses archival footage, images and illustrations of the Batmobile to document its birth and evolution to the present day. Interviews with filmmakers, key designers, builders, stunt drivers, actors and fans of the Batmobile lead the viewer on an exploration of the true impact of this cultural icon. Personal stories will interweave with historical context to tell the definitive story of the world’s most recognized automobile. Interviews include actors Christian Bale and Adam West, and directors Christopher Nolan, Joel Schumacher and Tim Burton.

THE BATMOBILE is from New Wave Entertainment and Warner Bros. The special was directed by Roko Belic, produced by Tara Tremaine and edited by Michael Fallavollita.

178087_10151090520517323_1953081660_o.jpg

This ll be what they mentioned in "Batmobile-the complete history" book then.

Most of the show featured the Tumbler it seemed. It is neat that the car seems largely functional, unlike some of the others. About everything else I already knew, but it was worth watching. I did notice that in the overhead shot of all the cars together, the 89 Batmobile wasn't black. It was a gunmetal grey. Every other one was gloss, matte or flat black. Unfortunately the 66 one had a Ford emblem on the fender. Ugh. Marketing crap. I know it's a Ford, but it didn't have that on the show. I don't see the Tumbler as the Batmobile, though. I see it more like an alternate vehicle, like the Bat boat or the Bat Copter. It just isn't elegant enough. It isn't really a car. SUVs aren't cars. They are trucks.
The Forever Batmobile and the Batman and Robin Batmobile look ridiculous.They are as ostentatious as the Weinermobile.

Most of the show featured the Tumbler it seemed. It is neat that the car seems largely functional, unlike some of the others. About everything else I already knew, but it was worth watching. I did notice that in the overhead shot of all the cars together, the 89 Batmobile wasn't black. It was a gunmetal grey. Every other one was gloss, matte or flat black. Unfortunately the 66 one had a Ford emblem on the fender. Ugh. Marketing crap. I know it's a Ford, but it didn't have that on the show. I don't see the Tumbler as the Batmobile, though. I see it more like an alternate vehicle, like the Bat boat or the Bat Copter. It just isn't elegant enough. It isn't really a car. SUVs aren't cars. They are trucks.
The Forever Batmobile and the Batman and Robin Batmobile look ridiculous.They are as ostentatious as the Weinermobile.

What? For real? The tumbler is a Batmobile. The batmobile is a coined term from Automobile which is a wheeled vehicle; auto car/motor car/motorvehicle. Different word, same meaning.

Anyway, a realistic vehicle which can do 0-60 in 5 seconds flat, 110mph top speed in real life, actually has the ability to jump 25 feet with its jet engine at the back, isn't elegant enough? Thats just insane. Its the most practical Batmobile there. Its bullet proof, it doesnt look stupid like the Forever/B&R, its not slow like the 66, it can turn a corner at speed without needing a grappling hook which is totally falsified and pure sci-fi.

Its the best batmobile there. Burtons is visually the most iconic along with BTAS, but the fact is, the Tumbler is the best, its the most functional, it has the best weaponry, the most agile and able batmobile. And to top that off, when damage is critical is can become the Batpod!

The batmobile was never about elegance, it was about striking fear, a tool to assist batman and his war on crime. If an almost indestructable 'tank' that is lightening fast, 4 wheel drive with a suspension that allows multi terrain, it took a well placed RPG to the underside to destroy it, which Batman only allowed to save dents life, with a roar of an engine, grenade shooting, machine gun equipped vehicle. Its a mean machine, it represents the beast that is batman, its intimidating, unforgiving, drives over other vehicles. Its perfect.

Sort of like this one, which is my second favourite because it has almost all of the same qualities;

https://www.mobygames.com/images/sh...-asylum-windows-screenshot-the-batmobiles.jpg

Thats not elegant or stylish either, its raw. Its about power, speed, efficiency,being able to protect batman and get him places.

What? For real? The tumbler is a Batmobile. The batmobile is a coined term from Automobile which is a wheeled vehicle; auto car/motor car/motorvehicle. Different word, same meaning.

Anyway, a realistic vehicle which can do 0-60 in 5 seconds flat, 110mph top speed in real life, actually has the ability to jump 25 feet with its jet engine at the back, isn't elegant enough? Thats just insane. Its the most practical Batmobile there. Its bullet proof, it doesnt look stupid like the Forever/B&R, its not slow like the 66, it can turn a corner at speed without needing a grappling hook which is totally falsified and pure sci-fi.

Its the best batmobile there. Burtons is visually the most iconic along with BTAS, but the fact is, the Tumbler is the best, its the most functional, it has the best weaponry, the most agile and able batmobile. And to top that off, when damage is critical is can become the Batpod!

The batmobile was never about elegance, it was about striking fear, a tool to assist batman and his war on crime. If an almost indestructable 'tank' that is lightening fast, 4 wheel drive with a suspension that allows multi terrain, it took a well placed RPG to the underside to destroy it, which Batman only allowed to save dents life, with a roar of an engine, grenade shooting, machine gun equipped vehicle. Its a mean machine, it represents the beast that is batman, its intimidating, unforgiving, drives over other vehicles. Its perfect.

Sort of like this one, which is my second favourite because it has almost all of the same qualities;

https://www.mobygames.com/images/sh...-asylum-windows-screenshot-the-batmobiles.jpg

Thats not elegant or stylish either, its raw. Its about power, speed, efficiency,being able to protect batman and get him places.
No, it's not elegant or beautiful, or graceful. It looks like an off road vehicle combined with a tank. neither one is a beautiful vehicle. Admittedly, I grew up with the 66 Batmobile. You can appreciate how just about every Batmobile up to, and including the 89 had the same general concept as a vehicle, as in two seater, road car.They almost all had shiny paint and curved, flowing lines, with fins. No fins=no Batmobile, IMO. The Tumbler isn't really a car, just like a Hummer isn't really a car. It is an off road military vehicle. The Tumbler is simply too raw, utilitarian, brutish and tank like for me to see it as the Batmobile.
It is a land vehicle, but that is about all it has in common with The Batmobiles. It is sim,ply far too different from the traditional Batmobile concept for me to accept it as a true Batmobile. Its really ugly. It's one of those its so ugly it's neat looking designs. All of those panels on it make it look like a huge design mess. A patchwork quilt concept rather than a flowing, integrated design concept. It doesn't look very aerodynamic, either.
By the way, some of the 1966 Batmobiles were made for the dragstrip, and they went well over 100 mph, too. Batmobile number one was the Futura show car converted, and is all steel. There is one other all steel one. The #1 car has all of the gadgets and detail, and is the slow one. The stunt cars were made of fiberglass, as were the drag cars. They did mid 12 seconds in the quarter mile, which is very respectable.
the 66 Batmobile does 160 mph and the 89 does 180 mph.

https://www.thezigzagger.com/2012/03/18/batmobile/

I came in here thinking some Nolanites would complain about the Tumbler being included because it is just more special somehow. :lol And I found. . .something else :lol

I came in here thinking some Nolanites would complain about the Tumbler being included because it is just more special somehow. :lol And I found. . .something else :lol

Nolanite!?

My fav batmobile is the 89 and the BTAS and AA!!! But if i had to have one it would be the tumbler. But the tumbler encases to me aggression, intimidation and vehicular ability. Its not elegant its aggressive and well, ugly.

I love Anton Furst's design, and I'm a bit nostalgic for the '66 (damn Hot Toys for being a wicked temptress and making one)

But the tumbler makes sense. It's intimidating and functional. Functional being the far more important of the two.

Decent show, but I cringed every time I had to hear Schumacher or Barbara Ling talk. She should have taken the opportunity to apologize for those ugly cars.

Gotta love the classic muscle car from the 60's. Always wanted that car growing up! Even now it would be sweet to own that in the garage, or a replica.

Back