The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit! Clicked on a link someone posted on that message board and got that stupid "your computer is infected" fake scan post. Now I'll have to run malware.

Sony's Grover Crisp on the Restoration of Taxi Driver.

https://thedigitalbits.com/articles/taxidriver/interview.html

According to numerous reports coming from Japan, Sony factories that make among other things Blu-ray discs, have been shut down due to the 8.9 earthquake that occured outside the coast of Japan around 05:46 UTC today. The reports at this stage may not be accurate and it is not known if there are going to be any lasting impacts. As more information becomes available over the next few days and as the impact becomes more clear we will update the news.

It is unknown if any other Japanese consumer electronics manufacturers have been impacted.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6006

Early retailer information indicates that, on May 10, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment will separately release the four Alien movies – Alien, Aliens, Alien³ and Alien: Resurrection – previously only available as part of the Alien Anthology, released in October 26.

These are reportedly single-disc releases and won't include the bonus discs on the Anthology (Making the Anthology and The Anthology Archives).

5086_front.jpg
5087_front.jpg

5088_front.jpg
5089_front.jpg

And only the first two will sell. Even though 3 is a superb film, but admittedly A:R is a pile of dreck.

Yeah, i basically only bought the box-set for Alien and Aliens (and the special features). I watched the last two last week and i remembered why they suck. I saw the extended cut of Alien3, which is an improvement over the theatrical cut but it's still bad. Resurrection flat out sucks balls.

According to information from retail giant Walmart, 20th Century Fox will follow up its Blu-ray onslaught (see below) with a wave of titles from the MGM catalog, including Some Like It Hot (Billy Wilder, 1959) for May 10. Fox proper will release The Hustler (50th Anniversary) (Robert Rossen, 1961) on May 17. Both will carry an MSRP of $34.99 and thus are likely to be presented in special-edition DigiBooks.

Fox/MGM will also visit the western, with The Horse Soldiers (John Ford, 1959) on May 10 and The Comancheros (50th Anniversary) (Michael Curtiz, 1961) a week later, and the war genre, with Platoon (Oliver Stone, 1986) hitting BD also on May 17, and Tigerland (Joel Schumacher, 2000) on May 24.

And there's more: fans of the Coen brothers will hit the roof when they know that not only is Miller's Crossing coming up, but also is Raising Arizona.

Some Like It Hot, The Hustler, Platoon, Miller's Crossing and Raising Arizona :woo

Back