The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah , I've had the Akira steelbook on pre order for a few weeks myself , really looking forward to seeing it on blu ray. I only watched it for the first time around a year and a half ago and whilst I really enjoyed it there are still a few things I didn't understand fully so I'm looking forward to watching it again.
I'm not keen on pre ordering things , I always tend to forget what I've got on order then they rip out the money and I'm left wondering why it's gone. :rotfl
True Grit and Akira are a must though. :rock

The Criterion Collection has announced six titles for Blu-ray release in July. On July 12th, the independent studio will release Naked (Mike Leigh, 1993). A week later, it will release The Music Room (Satyajit Ray, 1958) and Beauty and the Beast (Jean Cocteau, 1946). And finally, on July 26th it will release High and Low (Akira Kurosawa, 1963), Léon Morin, Priest (Jean-Pierre Melville, 1961), and Life During Wartime (Todd Solondz, 2010).

Technical specs and special features include:

Naked:
Restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Mike Leigh, with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
Audio commentary by Leigh and actors David Thewlis and Katrin Cartlidge
Exclusive video interview with director Neil LaBute
An episode of the BBC program The Art Zone in which author Will Self interviews Leigh
The Short and Curlies, a short comedy from 1982 directed by Leigh and starring Thewlis, with audio commentary by Leigh
Original theatrical trailer
PLUS: A booklet featuring essays by film critics Derek Malcolm and Amy Taubin

Beauty and the Beast:
High-definition digital transfer from restored film elements, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
Composer Philip Glass's opera La Belle et la Bête, presented in 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio as an alternate soundtrack
Two commentaries: one by film historian Arthur Knight and one by writer and cultural historian Sir Christopher Frayling
Screening at the Majestic, a 1995 documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew
Interview with cinematographer Henri Alekan
Rare behind-the-scenes photos and publicity stills
Film restoration demonstration
Original trailer, directed and narrated by director Jean Cocteau, plus restoration trailer from 1995
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film critic Geoffrey O'Brien, a piece on the film by Cocteau, excerpts from Francis Steegmuller's 1970 book Cocteau: A Biography, and an introduction to Glass's opera by the composer

The Music Room:
New digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
Satyajit Ray (1984), a feature documentary by Shyam Benegal that chronicles Ray's career and includes interviews with the filmmaker, family photographs, and extensive clips from his films
New interview with filmmaker Mira Nair
New interview in which Ray biographer Andrew Robinson discusses the making of The Music Room and the film's cultural significance
Excerpt from a 1981 French roundtable discussion with Ray, film critic Michel Ciment, and filmmaker Claude Sautet
New and improved English subtitle translation
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Philip Kemp as well as reprints of a 1963 essay by Ray and a 1986 interview with the director about the film's music

High and Low:
High-definition digital restoration, with original four-track surround sound presented in DTS-HD Master Audio
Audio commentary by Akira Kurosawa scholar Stephen Prince
Documentary on the making of High and Low, created as part of the Toho Masterworks series Akira Kurosawa: It Is Wonderful to Create
Rare video interview with actor Toshiro Mifune
Video interview with actor Tsutomu Yamazaki, who plays the kidnapper
Theatrical trailers from Japan and the U.S.
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Geoffrey O'Brien and a reprinted on- set account by Japanese film scholar Donald Richie

Léon Morin, Priest:
New high-definition digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
Archival interview with director Jean-Pierre Melville and actor Jean-Paul Belmondo
Visual essay by French film scholar Ginette Vincendeau
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic and novelist Gary Indiana

Life During Wartime:
New digital transfer, supervised and approved by director of photography Ed Lachman, with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
Ask Todd, an audio Q&A with director Todd Solondz
Making "Life During Wartime," a new documentary featuring interviews with actors Shirley Henderson, Allison Janney, Michael Lerner, Paul Reubens, Ally Sheedy, and Michael Kenneth Williams, and on-set footage of the actors and crew
New video piece in which Lachman discusses his work on the film
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film critic David Sterritt

23141_front.jpg

23142_front.jpg

23143_front.jpg

23144_front.jpg

23145_front.jpg

23146_front.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get the ScarFace Limited Edition Cigar Box in the States?

Thanks

The Humidor edition of 1000?

Amazon has it for $699.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Scarface-Limited-Humidor-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B004TNGLW0"]Amazon.com: Scarface Limited Edition Humidor [Blu-ray + Digital Copy]: Brian De Palma: Movies & TV[/ame]

Why is it $700?

Pretty interested to find out why also so did a search

A cigar humidor is a box (or room) designed to store and age cigars within the optimal humidity range of 68 % to 72% at room temperature. A humidor must contain a humidification system or device to add (or remove) moisture from its interior space to maintain the desired level of humidity. A humidor usually contains a hygrometer to measure the humidity level inside the box. Most personal humidors are made of wood, with the inside usually constructed with Spanish cedar.

Why is it $700?

This is why:

Additionally, for the ultimate collector and cigar enthusiast, a hand-crafted Scarface-themed humidor will be made available in an exclusive, never-before-available, limited gift set edition. Created by the renowned Daniel Marshall, the humidor's exterior is hand painted and polished with the Marshall's trademark "1000 coat brilliant finish." The interior – made with untreated Spanish cedar – will properly condition and age approximately 100 cigars at optimal humidity levels. Limited to 1,000 worldwide and priced at $999.99, each individually numbered humidor comes embellished with custom medallions inspired by the iconic film and includes a certificate of authenticity.

Back