Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang. While I understand most people's confusion and anger, I saw this on the RPF boards, written by Hurricane:

Yesterday, 05:59 PM #111
hurricane

Re: 1:6 Vader Project & Digital Scan project

hi everyone,im new here,and i am 'hurricane' from ssf.Must say most intrigued by this thread and have monitored it for a while, was suggested by a friend of mine a fellow 501st member.Have to admit i was cheeky and did copy a photo of one of the scans and have referred to it extensively whilst completely reworking the helmets i make.As mentioned earlier i did indeed originally use hasbro domes mated to kaiyodo masks. The 'new' ones ive recently casted are not the same, but Ive strived to get screen accuracy now,but because of peoples requirments all three versions, ANH/ESB/Jedi have full reveal detailing to the crown /brow.
i also used my own fullsize 20th century fox ESB helmet for measurements etc,hundreds of prop reference photos,your computer scans and.photos of actual brow detailing parts, turned into photo etching patterns,and so with internal reveal parts. Hopefully now they are far supperior to the ealier ones i made.They now have the true character of the original props( the asymetry,'wonkyness'etc)and incorporate over 170 individual parts throughout the reveal sections/neck brace and mask..i havent posted on ssf freaks for a few months now due to family health issues and now worryingly my own .possible bladder cancer,(i have surgery on the 4th of may.)
I look forward with great interest to how your project proceeds ,and offer any help i may humbly be able to offer.

I plan to directly contact the admin of sideshow freaks with scans of my hospital paper work ,so they may reassure those still waiting for the figures i make,that the hold up is genuine.Tho their figures are alot closer to completion than they know,nor do they know of just how much the detailing has advanced.

Take what you will from it. I hope he gets in touch with all of you and things all work themselves out. I saw his RPF posting and thought I'd share; to hopefully inform you all of what is going on with him, from his own words, and since it was posted in a public forum I decided to re-post it here.

And I sincerely wish him and his family all the best.

any news from this

could someone ask on the rpf he seams to answer there so maybe he will sys something

Just bumping this thread up , getting buried.

I still havent received my two custom domes that were finished on the 29th September 2010 !!!

I understand that Glen is going through alot , but maybe popping these in the post is not too much to ask, another 2 months and it will be a year.

I'm not confident at all that I will ever receive these. I know others are patiently waiting for more expensive pieces. Fingers crossed guys.

Starting to feel like "im so over it all". I was excited when I first ordered and Paid for these.

Last edited:
Im still here with some Hope on this.

i know the situation but its abit frustarting without any information or pictures of the real situation.

Glenn has a hard time i know but with already 2 years waiting its hard to wait more.

Guys, please do take the time to read on the above link.

I've read the above link and have been following what's been happening.

As mentioned Glen is still working on and off on items during this time.
(and has apparently posted on another forum ?? something to do with 501st and vader ??)

Over the last 9 months he has been visiting the SSF forum on and off but has not responded to messages or members here.

Just to note:

Hurricane : Last Activity: 05-28-2011 11:11 PM
mrshurricane : Last Activity: 07-14-2011 01:37 PM

I guess thats why it's frustrating to some of the members here and I speak for myself ,that I would appreciate some kind of direct contact/reply. My initial messages were last year 2010 with no reply.

I do sympathise with what he is going through at the moment and do wish him all the best, but I feel when people have paid money in advance for items that they should at least receive some sort of
contact to let them know if they are getting their items or not. If he
has taken too much on due to the current circumstances people will understand I am sure, but please Glen , respond to us.

(and yes I do feel like a bit of an A$$hole, but then again I am the one who has paid for a service/item that has not been fulfilled as agreed.)

The guy is in the hospital. What do you seriously expect him to do? It's right that you should feel like an _______ because so you seem to be acting. You'll get your dollie when he is able. He is no thief.

The guy is in the hospital. What do you seriously expect him to do? It's right that you should feel like an _______ because so you seem to be acting. You'll get your dollie when he is able. He is no thief.

Fair comment. But just in a short reply, I have been trying to contact him and find out what is happening with my item prior to him going into hospital etc. (Back in 2010).

full ESB vader

i ordered in the same time frame as you and its in the same que as yours last what i heard was that bodysuits are missing and so. but nothing really new since then

Back