ven's custom work

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: venakin's custom work

seriously? wow. I'm suprised. stripped of all paint, it actualy does look more than a bit like hammil.
You know.. I'll bet that with a Figuremaster les paintjob... it would look fantastic....
mabie it's time i got a medi luke.....

while i have your ear Ven, I'm making the second attempt on the Mold for the chestbox right now. the first one fell apart.

almost done. hehe this is fun!

I LOVE THE BRUSH
mypics125.jpg

orginal
Picture005.jpg

awaiting to work on Solid Snake.... I want a aragorn to paint.

mypics128-1.jpg

mypics129-1.jpg

Last edited:

Looks good, but may I interject some creative critisim?
I think his Iris's are too small still. Only slightly, but I'd make them a tad bigger. bring the bottom of the iris down so it's allmost touching the to of his bottom eyelid.

Yeah, his eyes look sleepy-eyed. You need to enlarge the iris area, and make him more alert looking. Lessen the pink under in that rim some too. Makes him look a tad stoned.

NICE job on Maximus by the way!

thank you lerath and less, I listened and I like it ALOT more now. I kinda dinged up the nose while I was dull coating it, but fixed it as much as I could. Now I need to put gloss on the eyes..

mypics132-1.jpg

mypics131.jpg

Wow man... You are really coming along! The eyes are the hardest part and will take you a LONG time to perfect. I am still trying to find ways to better paint the human eye, it is a never ending crusade. But you are really making strides here bro, I am immensely proud.

Tips for eyes, try to layer as many colors as you possibly can into the eye. It gives it true depth and more realism. The eye is very detailed and full of many many colors. It's fun to mess with, you will see with each one you do.

Hair is also something that is fun to do, I try to fit at least 3 shades in each portrait that I attempt.

You will have a lot of fun in the process of pursuing this hobby and I am very happy to have you with us... If you ever need any tips or help.. let me know! :duff

Back