Which is the best SS Luke Overall?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Luke from SS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do foresee a feww people kit bashing this though:

IMGP0148.JPG

If i had to rank them it would be

ESB Luke
ROTJ Luke
ANH Luke

But i think all turned out decent and none of them sucks except yavin.

That's how YL shoulda looked^

That does look a lot better... and actually a better expression for that outfit then the farmboy.

Obiviuously, I didn't futz it for the pic but it would make a cool custom... (I broke my Yavin luke body getting that pic taken. Right now my Yavin Luke head is sitting on my desk, decapited and depressed. I think it would become suicidal if I bought another ANH Luke body and replaced the head with Trevor's sculpt. :monkey2 :pow

i like all 3 outfits but if i had to pick 1 i'd be the ESB one, and face sculpt i like ANH. (farmer, not yavin)

I thought the ANH Luke would have a few more votes than it does. But the ESB Luke and ROTJ Luke are very nice, so i don't think it's an issue of it being not as good just overall people like those two more.

I'd say the ANH probably had the most things turn out well of the lot, sculpt, paint costume, but my vote went to ESB because for whatever shortcomings it has, if I stand them all together, I just find it to have the most presence in the group.

I take back my vote. After owning all of them i must say i think Jedi luke is superior to the other two monkey arms and all. What i don't get is how SS took a step down IMO with their latest lukes when the first one was clearly better. (IMO)

They should have gotten better not worse.

1.Jedi Luke
2. ANH Luke
3. Bespin Luke

4.Yavin generic guy.

I only have ESB and I love that costume. Not really a fair comparison, since I don't have the others in hand to look at, but oh well.

Now that I own all 3 (just got rid of Yavin-See ya!), I vote for ANH. It comes down to the costume for me which is just so iconic and they pulled it off well. I like all 3, ROTJ may have a great likeness, but the expression ruins it for me. You just can't put him in any dynamic poses without the expression kind of ruining it. ESB Luke was also really well done, but I just don;t see the strong resemblance like ROTJ and ANH Luke. Ultimately it comes down the the sculpt on ANH Luke. It's beyond words how great Trevor Grove did on this. You can put him in just about any pose and it seems to work.

I would have to go with Jedi Luke, I owned all four at one time, but sold all of them except for the Jedi one. I wanted to like the ANH Luke, but the face sculpt was a little on the elongated side and the paint apps where, imo, horrible. I hated the green looking hair. I HATE the fact that the figure doesnt look like the box. But that has been pretty much the norm with most (Not all Old Ben is perfect) SS figures.

Back