ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well crap. If the the rubber sleeves are not removeable then I'm screwed. I wonder if they can refund my order before they ship?

For anyone who missed, this was my mid-futzed Vas. I have her looking fairly good now... suggestion: wrap her arms with tape to fill them out a bit, especially around the shoulders and elbows because the sleeves are loose and tend to shift, crease, etc... but filling them out/building them up and you'll get a snugger fit. WG, you'll see what I mean when you get yours in a few days...

DSC03738.jpg

I just e-mailed them and explained the situation. Hopefully they will understand and credit my account for the charge. I'll have to wait for the Cheong's from War-Toys.

I'm eager to get these and see just what can be done to "optimize" them. If stuffing is all its takes, then so be it.

I'm also going to try some "shrinkage" attempts... and hope the damn things just don't go back to their original form over time.

Wor-Gar said:
I'm eager to get these and see just what can be done to "optimize" them. If stuffing is all its takes, then so be it.

I'm also going to try some "shrinkage" attempts... and hope the damn things just don't go back to their original form over time.

They are made of a very stretchy flexible rubber... not so sure about shrinkage but I'd love to hear how that works out... :D

Once on, they actually look MUCH better in hand, macro lenses tend to distort them a bit...

pjam said:
They are made of a very stretchy flexible rubber... not so sure about shrinkage but I'd love to hear how that works out... :D

Once on, they actually look MUCH better in hand, macro lenses tend to distort them a bit...

Are they thin? Thin material?

If so, that could be even better for shrinkage. Just heat the hell out of 'em -- and stop just before they crumple and curl. Then throw 'em in the freezer for a few minutes.

Are you scared? :lol I'll try it... so you don't have to.

Wor-Gar said:
Are they thin? Thin material?

If so, that could be even better for shrinkage. Just heat the hell out of 'em -- and stop just before they crumple and curl. Then throw 'em in the freezer for a few minutes.

Are you scared? :lol I'll try it... so you don't have to.

Scared? Me? Hells yeah I'm terrified.

Yeah Let Wor Gar go... :lol

Actually I'm pretty happy with mine now... and yes they are thin

Okay Shield Premiere is on at 10, Didn't watch one Ep last year but I'm stoked for this season, got an Oscar winner too, hope it kicks ass like Season 2.

pjam out

Pjam, if you missed last season I recommend you NOT watch the premiere and go buy the season 5 box set IMMEDIATELY!!!

Thanks D, I pick up on past storylines pretty fast, maybe I'll check out some season 5 when I get a chance but it looks like I'll be buried again soon in work. Not bad Ep tonight, great scene with the baby and the junkie...

So, has anyone tried to sand off Drake's sideburns yet? WG? I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow with the Rip heel lift...

Just the stache and it looks a lot better. I posted a pic of it a while back but Drake had NO burns at all so they have to go!

pjam said:
So, has anyone tried to sand off Drake's sideburns yet? WG?

Haven't tried it, but I highly recommend it. At least the darker hair can be covered by the hat.

P, it worked out so well on the stache I'm sure he'll look even better without the burns. Sand away!

Damn, I go to bed and this thread explodes and gives me 5 pages to read this morning :lol

Alright, I think that Chronos Hudson actually might be a Dragon sculpt. I just sent an e-mail to Chris Chulamanis at EVA to see if he can identify it and whether or not it was used for the Poppo Toys Hudson sculpt. Hopefully he can let us know more about its origins.

Took a few pics of my Drake and Hudson along with my Chopper Predator. Sorry for the crappy flash photography, but I took them at 2 in the morning. You can see the graffiti I added (Hudson's 8 ball and Drake's "This End Up"). My skills with the sharpie are definitely lacking, but I can live with it. You can also see the Dragon Models British Commando Dagger I used for Hudson's knife.

Awesome pics DBoz!!

does anyone have pics of both the HeroHeads Hicks and the Stoner Head Hicks repainted? I'm curious to see the difference.

Also, does anyone have any good reference photos of Hicks and Apone's face?

Thanks!

did any of you realize that Drake actually has a knife on his left leg in the movie? i can't post caps now cos someone borrowed my dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back