ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seanmh said:
I just bought the Brown HT Alien and after putting him together I am having a hard time getting his torso to stay where I have positioned it. It keeps wipping back to the original position it was in........kinda like it is top heavy or something.

Anybody else having these problems. This is my first HT Alien so I have nothing else to compare mine to.

That is strange...
I've never heard of that happening, and my alien keeps all kinds of freaky poses without problems.
Maybe you should think about getting a replacement?

Ok, bear in mind the pix aren't the greatest and I'm no Les but, here's my Ripley prior to height adjustment surgery:

full body
MyCustomRipley02.jpg

closeup
MyCustomRipley03.jpg

headshot
MyCustomRipley05.jpg

Red Alert!!
MyCustomRipley04.jpg

looks great ironman! may i make two small suggestions - possibly make the hair less glossy, and make her lips less red... otherwise, awesome!

I think the flash was making the hair look shinier than it really appears. The lips? Hmmm, I was toying with the idea of just trying to remove the "lipstick" completely. Maybe I'll give it a go.
Oh, did I mention, NO paint was used in the "redo" of this figure?

Reinhardt said:
no paint??? so what did you do, and more importantly, HOW did you do it??

I've never been one to be patient enough to sit and mix paint, and use specific brushes....
So, I wind up experimenting a lot to see how I might achieve results close enough for my satisfaction to what the masters get.
Ripley's head is redone with Sharpie permanent markers. The brown worked extremely well and easy for her eyes and the hair is simply the regular black. They make a wide variety of colors, in fact my Metamorpho was created almost solely using Sharpies [they don't make a white marker :( ]. They have medium, fine and ultra fine points and have helped with many a touch up as well.

hunky_artist said:
Damn, I go to bed and this thread explodes and gives me 5 pages to read this morning :lol

:rotfl :rotfl You're definitely NOT alone...and I know just how you feel! Most of the time I'm playing catch up with the rest of these guys, and the only times I've actually been able to join in discussions is if I stay up all night and sleep half of the next day! That won't be possible for me after next week, but at least we have the email updates to keep us informed!

DBoz said:
Took a few pics of my Drake and Hudson along with my Chopper Predator. Sorry for the crappy flash photography, but I took them at 2 in the morning. You can see the graffiti I added (Hudson's 8 ball and Drake's "This End Up"). My skills with the sharpie are definitely lacking, but I can live with it. You can also see the Dragon Models British Commando Dagger I used for Hudson's knife.

Nice pics DBoz! Don't feel too bad about the markings, they look just fine, and besides, a lot of the markings on the actual costumes were apparently applied the same way, so yours look 'authentic'. I'm going to do the same thing with mine when the time comes. Right now I'm still scrounging for parts and stuff.

I have a question, tho...could you tell us what that is on Hudson's belt, just next to the handle of the combat knife (in the last photo)? It looks kind of like one of the "belt clip" or "smart-gun mag" gizmos that came with Drake. Or is it something else? Thanks, and keep up the good work! :D

Btw, are you planning to make this? https://www.harryharris.com/tee.htm

Got a response from Chris Chulamanis at EVA regarding the Chronotoys sculpt though not quite the response I was hoping for:

"Not mine; the head at least. The armor, from what I can see looks to be a copy from my original sculpt. I had those folks shut down for copyright infringement some time ago for pirating my armor sculpt... I asked that they provide proper credit and hence the credit line; among other things I received from them as compensation."

Regarding the Poppo Toys sculpt:

"Not the same, although their armor is a copy of my set. I'm not connected with them. I sell a Hudson head made by Bill Kern/Poppo, but I'm out of stock and have not been able to contact Bill for the last few weeks. The law prohibits selling from my location. I work from home and it's all mail order. Sorry I could not be of better help. There are lots of head sculpts out there that may be suitable. You may find something yet."

So there it is. Chronotoys pirated Chris' EVA armor so they likely used a generic soldier headsculpt. It could be a Dragon or some other HS. We'll just have to keep on looking.

dekadentdave said:
So there it is. Chronotoys pirated Chris' EVA armor so they likely used a generic soldier headsculpt. It could be a Dragon or some other HS. We'll just have to keep on looking.

Thanks for the update, Dave. Too bad they couldn't steer you in the right direction. I've been collecting Dragon stuff since they first started doing 1:6 scale, but I don't ever recall seeing any HS that resembled Bill Paxton, do you? That's not to say they couldn't have made one that I never saw, but for what it's worth, I'd almost be willing to bet real money that it was made by someone else...but who? Wish I could be more helpful. Anyway, good luck with the hunt.

Well in addition to the Chronos sculpt and the Poppo sculpt not being available... more bad news...

Once again, Lonnie is missing in action. I've received no response to my third email regarding the HUDSON sculpt.

So now what do we do? :confused:

I suppose we could always commission a proper Hudson sculpt from Spenser or Sunohc.

You sound like Hudson, Wor-Gar!

"What are we gonna do?!?!? GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!!"

Mudshark said:
Nice pics DBoz! Don't feel too bad about the markings, they look just fine, and besides, a lot of the markings on the actual costumes were apparently applied the same way, so yours look 'authentic'. I'm going to do the same thing with mine when the time comes. Right now I'm still scrounging for parts and stuff.

I have a question, tho...could you tell us what that is on Hudson's belt, just next to the handle of the combat knife (in the last photo)? It looks kind of like one of the "belt clip" or "smart-gun mag" gizmos that came with Drake. Or is it something else? Thanks, and keep up the good work! :D

Btw, are you planning to make this? https://www.harryharris.com/tee.htm

That is indeed one of the belt clip thingies. Drake came with two, so I put one on Hudson. Several of the Marines have these on their belts. As for Drake's T-shirt, I am kicking around the idea of making an iron-on transfer and doing one of these. I have to find a suitable T-shirt first, though. If I do, I'll post it here.

Careful,guys ... Sharpie magic marker applied cloth or to a painted surface might be fine, but on bare vinyl ( headsculpt ) it can bleed into the surface and adjacent areas over time.

It just occurred to me that I received my 12" Ripley from Sideshow almost one year after Wor-Gar started this thread, with exciting news about something he guessed to be either a leaked prototype, or a custom 12" figure. To the day one year ago, I wrote my first post in this thread, about ([SIZE=-1]Sigourney[/SIZE]) Ripley being sexy and all... and a couple of days later, (Custo)mikey queried if the 12" Ripley was wearing that tiny underwear... -you know, the scene where Ripley steps into the (Moebius designed) spacesuit, aboard the Narcissus, engaging the nasty Alien - a memorable moment in movie history! We all know now, that this was vain hope. But, after reading Brant Rusch's review on mwctoys.com, at least we know that Ripley's body was designed by horny Asian sculptors...
Anyway. This is a humongous thread, and I sincerely hope it keeps on growing.

Hey everyone, fireside collectables had apone and vasquez in stock a couple of days ago. Not sure if they are still in stock though. I ordered 1 of each and they shipped out today.

Kind of a bummer I ordered them though, got injured at work and need to get new work boots and pay a medical bill.

Nope. Just checked. Toy2 also had Vas in stock 2 days ago but she is out of stock now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back