ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For political reasons I cannot endorse using a Buck nor can I gurantee the safety of those that do and assume no liability whatsoever for any irreparable injury, damage or harm caused by the useage of this product.

dekadentdave said:
For political reasons I cannot endorse using a Buck nor can I gurantee the safety of those that do and assume no liability whatsoever for any irreparable injury, damage or harm caused by the useage of this product.

:lol :rotfl

Wouldn't it be ironic if you HAD to use the Buck body for this? Never say never.

Anyway, no offense Dave, but here's my logic in this particular case:

AB body for Ripley = added height, non-gloved hands, and the head will work with small mod... seems like a good choice to me.

Its not like there's a lot of choices out there for tall females.

How tall is the fem buck? The hands don't look like they can do too much from what I can see...

Wor-Gar said:
:lol :rotfl

Wouldn't it be ironic if you HAD to use the Buck body for this? Never say never.

That's like asking North Korea to adopt a democratic policy. :lol

I found that picture of the SS bodies lined up... and the AB body is just slightly shorter than the basic male body. So in theory it would work.

However, the SS site doesn't have anymore AB bodies exception those gray ones.

Time to find a cheap Anna Valerius, Nova or Scully... :)

pjam said:
Interesting WG BUT Sarah's arms would be those skinny HT arms which show better with a shirt on, etc. Also, I wonder about Sarah's height...

I think I'm just going to do leg surgery on Ellen. I just don't know how. I imagine cut the lower leg, drill holes, use posts for support and fill with putty and sand... She really only needs another half inch WITH the heel lift and she'll be close to hicks height. I know Les has already heightened her... and may have mentioned it on this custom thread. I need to know what tools to use... I have the plastic fast dry putty but that's it...

i'm also interested to get the formula for the heel lift.

Yup..... I've started

progress1.jpg

paulcarson said:
Is that a cast or the actual Hot Toys head you're working on there Darren ?

it's a cast of the Hot Toys head. I'll be trying to make it look more like Sigourney.. and then making an Alien (1) version with the longer hair for a custom for myself :D

Cool stuff Darren. Can't wait to see what you do here....
VERY curious....and remember, ALIEN Ripley is younger, ie, less lean face...

As for all this Buck talk... :rotfl

OK...DDave...are you saying that my use of a Buck female head for my Alien 3, was unwarranted or innappropriate?

Ripley001.jpg

That NO USE whatsoever is ever warranted for using an Art Buck...ever???

A3proj037.jpg

Ever??? YOU? Mr, more accurate THAN the movie guy?

I always assumed a whatever means necessary stance. (Like your KILLER Terminator bandolier! Awesome that...)

As for Buck bodies...ok, not too usable unless it's under clothing. Weird proportions... For my A3 Ripley body, and upcoming ALIEN & AR Ripleys, I used the 21st Century Jacqueline bodies. Tall, lean and VERY Sigourney-ish! Might even work for this new HT head too!

And Pjam. PAUL. PAUL!!!
What good is going through a whole description of how I made my Ripley taller, when you of all people don't use it?!?!?
Of course the HT's too short! :lol Mr. OTHER More accurate THAN the MOVIE guy! (You two kill me! Most driven accuracy dudes on the site...it's like you two are on a mission!) :D
Simply saw her calves in half, dead center, clean and dremel some, add in some tubing (I used upper arm segments from...wait for it...a female Buck...), and fit them inside her calves, superglue in place, putty around to match the leg widths, and then pad her boots, ala HT Superman, and VOILA! YUR DONE!
Adds about 1/2 to 3/4 inch to her in total for a pretty accurate hieght.

OK, Get to it mister! :D

figuremasterles said:
Cool stuff Darren. Can't wait to see what you do here....
VERY curious....and remember, ALIEN Ripley is younger, ie, less lean face...

yup, gonna have some smoothing and filling to do when I get to doing my Alien Ripley. I still can't get over your Buck repaint though.... it just looks like her. Not something thats just been painted over another sculpt.

fabulous fabulous stuff :bow

Thanks Darren.

Your attempt at an ALIEN Ripley is why I have waited to reveal my ALIEN Ripley. She's made and clothed and ready...each emblem and patch in place...some minor details to add, but no head! I was gonna use another Buck, and add doll hair...but your Ripley intrigues me. If she looks more like ALIEN Sigourney, then maybe my figure can wait a tad longer.
Maybe. I may still see if there is an ALIEN Ripley in a Buck as well.
(Might be pushing the Buck envelope though...maybe...as it does seem to work well only for older Sigourney at the moment...)

But for me...the Buck hasn't stopped... just yet....:lol

:lol :monkey5 :D

Les,
YES, I saw this from your custom thread...

Made Ripley taller by the way by adding 1/3 inch to her calves...that meant sawing them in half, adding said 1/3 inch, and setting that. Then I did my boot lift trick too. Added about 1/2 to 3/4 inch hieght to Ripley...makes her fill out the pants much better too. Makes her leaner.

Just didn't know HOW... Now I know. Thanks! The heel lift WAS done, thanks to YOU again (HT Supes tutorial). :D I just didn't realize how much shorter she still was until built, so, she needed surgery and I ain't no surgeon... but willing to try now...

Thanks to YOU BRO! :D :cool:

Last edited:
FML posted a tutorial somewhere, I think in the HT Supes thread, but basically it goes something like this...

Microwave a coffee mug of water 2 minutes or so (or use hairdryer) dip boots in for a minute, heat em up, remove feet from boots with tweezers, set aside...

Pad heels of feet with cloth, pads or some material which won't decompress with weight... I use velcro buttons (not fuzzy size), cut to size, pad heels in layers or you can pad the boot heels too, I pad feet heels... set aside...

Reheat boots, slide feet in with tweezers... this is a bit of a pain, takes patience... and sometimes repeated attempts and boot reheating... and voila height...

hunky_artist said:
it's a cast of the Hot Toys head. I'll be trying to make it look more like Sigourney.. and then making an Alien (1) version with the longer hair for a custom for myself :D

I think I could be to blame there! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back