DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakers hung in there for the most part - Odom had a good game. Bryant needed to be Superman again and he was only very good shooting 40%. For the Lakers to win Bryant needs to be Superman and at least one other Laker needs to step up in a big way. The Suns are simply too deep. So now we get the Spurs and the Suns and that should be a great series.

Its interesting how in both conferences we get two possibly great series - the other being Detroit vs. Chicago - and the others are just write offs that are barely being mentioned.

gideon said:
Lakers hung in there for the most part - Odom had a good game. Bryant needed to be Superman again and he was only very good shooting 40%. For the Lakers to win Bryant needs to be Superman and at least one other Laker needs to step up in a big way. The Suns are simply too deep. So now we get the Spurs and the Suns and that should be a great series.

Its interesting how in both conferences we get two possibly great series - the other being Detroit vs. Chicago - and the others are just write offs that are barely being mentioned.

Sorry, 13 of 33 is far from very good. It's hard to blame him though. They really need another threat on that team. Odom has some solid games, but he's not really that much of a scorer. They just can't run with a team like the Suns.

Weird position for me to be in to defend Mr. Bryant --- and yes, he did take 33 shots making only 13.... however, consider that if he had made just three more - not a huge amount, he would have been a hair under 50% from the field which is considered very good for a gaurd especially someone like Bryant who takes so many shots from other area codes. I do think that even on a sub-par night Bryant is a very good player. Rightly or wrongly --- (and make no mistake I think it is wrong) -- the team is built around his skills and the offense is designed to go through him the vast majority fo the time.

The Lakers are simply a mediocre team with a very good player who sometimes wears the mantle of the Great player. Last night was not one of those nights. The Suns are simply too deep, too athletic, too talented and too disciplined to be beaten by a mediocre team. The difference between the Suns this year and last year is the man in the middle - Amare Stoudemire. Two years ago in the playoffs he dominated Tim Duncan. Last year he was injured. Now he is back and joins a very talented team that only gets far better with him. Bryant did not have the luxury of a Stoudemire on his front line. Of course, he did have a big man anchoring the Laker front line not too long ago but thats a whole different story.

Props to Odom.. The man has a bad ankle, knee, elbow, shoulder and the unthinkable happened to him in losing his baby last summer.. He still went out there and gave it all he had..

Kobe wasn't SUperman last night.. But you can't rely on him being Superman day in and day out.. Tough season..

Injury-wise this was the worst for us in a long while.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Props to Odom.. The man has a bad ankle, knee, elbow, shoulder and the unthinkable happened to him in losing his baby last summer.. He still went out there and gave it all he had..

Kobe wasn't SUperman last night.. But you can't rely on him being Superman day in and day out.. Tough season..

Injury-wise this was the worst for us in a long while.

Here, here! :duff

And now the dismantling begins, or it better anyway! :devil

LOTRFan said:
Here, here! :duff

And now the dismantling begins, or it better anyway! :devil

It's hard to dismantle when you only have one player to begin with. They are a good point guard away from being a serious threat. I have no idea what stopped them from dealing for Kidd, but they'd be a threat for the title with him.

Darth Loki said:
It's hard to dismantle when you only have one player to begin with. They are a good point guard away from being a serious threat. I have no idea what stopped them from dealing for Kidd, but they'd be a threat for the title with him.

They need an inside threat, and Kwame or Mihm just aren't going to cut it. Smush is clearly on his way out, and waiting for Farmar to mature will take the few years of Kobe's prime. He said it best, we need changes "NOW!"

:emperor

Im sad for Dirk, but bye bye to the Mavs, and screw you Mark Cuban!...Go Fishin!!

Now my Suns just has to get past the Spurs and theyve got good position to win it all this year!

Back