DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pathetic the way the Mavs were demolished, too bad there is no such thing as 'Regular Season Champions' 'cause they'd reign supreme!! :lol

I gotta say, I am now rooting for the Suns to win it all, 'cause I sure as hell don't want the 'Snooze Fest' Spurs to win it!!

Bodie The Cursed said:
Go Warriors!

Miami proved that a team without a clear style of play and abandon can win it all; the Warriors are just reckless enough to do it again this year.

Go Warriors!

poo I hate it for Dirk man.... He's still the man no matter what.

LOTRSWfan said:
Don't worry, I doubt most people thought you were trying to be.

Yo Mike, been trying to contact you. Have sent you a pm, could you reply me when you have read it? Need help in picking up the weta base lookalike from the art store.

Thanks, Noel.

GO WARRIORS!!! Ever since the Heat lost i have been hoping that the Mavs would lose in the 1st round too, and the Warriors did it BIG TIME, completely humiliating the Mavs:chew :lol I'm rooting for them to win it all this year now. It has almost been done before with the Knicks in '99. They were no. 8 and made it to the finals but lost to the Spurs because of injuries.

In the wake of the Mavs defeat last night, ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith is ripping up the airwaves saying that Dirk has no heart and claims he has "Tin-man syndrome". He destroys the idea that the Mavs seven footer may be a MVP. He even had to work Larry Bird into it for obvious reasons. Criticize one white star and you better praise another one. You can catch his ravings at their website or at the top of their morning news shows today. I thought it was way over the line. Smith has always flirted on being borderline racist and this outburst just underlined that suspicion for me. Smith then went out of his way to praise Avery Johnson the Mavs coach and saying he was not outcoached by Don Nelson despite his teams crash and burn. Gee, I wonder why he is so favorable to the coach who failed to adjust to the other team? Just asking.

In its most simple terms basketball can be a game of matchups and Dallas played the one team who they do not matchup well with.

I hate it when some TV mouthpiece tries to make themselves the story rather than the event itself. Smith seems to have watched far too many Al Sharpton interviews.

gideon said:
In the wake of the Mavs defeat last night, ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith is ripping up the airwaves saying that Dirk has no heart and claims he has "Tin-man syndrome". He destroys the idea that the Mavs seven footer may be a MVP. He even had to work Larry Bird into it for obvious reasons. Criticize one white star and you better praise another one. You can catch his ravings at their website or at the top of their morning news shows today. I thought it was way over the line. Smith has always flirted on being borderline racist and this outburst just underlined that suspicion for me. Smith then went out of his way to praise Avery Johnson the Mavs coach and saying he was not outcoached by Don Nelson despite his teams crash and burn. Gee, I wonder why he is so favorable to the coach who failed to adjust to the other team? Just asking.

In its most simple terms basketball can be a game of matchups and Dallas played the one team who they do not matchup well with.

I hate it when some TV mouthpiece tries to make themselves the story rather than the event itself. Smith seems to have watched far too many Al Sharpton interviews.
No Smith has this one right sorry. Dirk bombed. What 4 points in a elimination game. I have Dirk been compared to Bird many times before so this was not a insult a white guy praise a white guy thin like you think. He does say Johnson made mistakes but he said its not all his fault. He said they shouldn't have let Nelson dictate the game by using a small lineup and then trying to use a small line up too. His reason why Johnson is not to blame is Dirk bombed. Coaches can only do so much, if players dont play it doesn't matter what a coach does. Coaches are scape goats in Pro sports they can't or won't fire players so who is left the coach.

Smith has a firey personality but I would NEVER NEVER NEVER compare him to Sharpton. I agree he does has some momments where I question he motives of what he said but not this time.

I did not see the piece but Smith is an obnoxious loud-mouth IMO..

Dirk had an off night, now the media wolves get to chew on him all summer.

I'd take Dirk on my team any day..

Maybe someone could explain to me why ESPN's Stephen Smith is always so downright angry? Everytime he is on air he acts like he has just come off the single worst day in the history of his life. His demeanor and negativity makes everything he says sound even more negative. If you put his words in the mouth of a different commentator, they would not sound so harsh. Smith sounds as if he has the worlds biggest and most righteous axe to grind.

Anybody know why? And maybe a better question, what does Smith bring to the table that ESPN keeps him on the air? Was he chosen to play a heel role and its all an act? Inquiring minds want to know.

gideon said:
Maybe someone could explain to me why ESPN's Stephen Smith is always so downright angry? Everytime he is on air he acts like he has just come off the single worst day in the history of his life. His demeanor and negativity makes everything he says sound even more negative. If you put his words in the mouth of a different commentator, they would not sound so harsh. Smith sounds as if he has the worlds biggest and most righteous axe to grind.

Anybody know why? And maybe a better question, what does Smith bring to the table that ESPN keeps him on the air? Was he chosen to play a heel role and its all an act? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't mind him at all. Do you ever watch his show? I dont think he as bad as he is made out to be. His interview with Pete Rose on his show a while back was very good. He actually got more out of Pete then most have before combined. He has a different approch and is a nice change of pace. ESPN has got so big they need all different types of characters. Jim Rome was the bad boy for a while now its Smith. He knows what he is talking about most the time , people may not like how he says things but thats bound to happen.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Dirk had an off night, now the media wolves get to chew on him all summer.

I'd take Dirk on my team any day..

Exactly correct dude. Anyone who thinks Dirk "bombed" or isn't a real leader or doesnt have have heart doe not know basketball (ahem...mark). He had an off night, every time the Mavs would try to get him the ball at least 2 or 3 Warriors would converge on him. The only thing Dirk did wrong was to not play the low post and pound the ball inside like he did in game 5.

Even Dirk admitted that he needs to work on his low post game during the summer and that it is his weakest part of his game overall. He can admit that he has that weakness, but hell man the guy is an awesome basketball player. As a seven footer he can shoot the 3 pointer better than most shooting guards can.

I'd take him on my team any day as well.

Good points - and if it ends up with the Warriors vs. Suns the team from California will not be able to double and triple team the Suns since they have too many options to go to. I see the Warriors as going no further than the Western finals - if that..... but that would be a fine season for them and they should be proud of what they accomplished so far.

nash said:
Exactly correct dude. Anyone who thinks Dirk "bombed" or isn't a real leader or doesnt have have heart doe not know basketball (ahem...mark). He had an off night, every time the Mavs would try to get him the ball at least 2 or 3 Warriors would converge on him. The only thing Dirk did wrong was to not play the low post and pound the ball inside like he did in game 5.

Even Dirk admitted that he needs to work on his low post game during the summer and that it is his weakest part of his game overall. He can admit that he has that weakness, but hell man the guy is an awesome basketball player. As a seven footer he can shoot the 3 pointer better than most shooting guards can.

I'd take him on my team any day as well.
No he bombed sorry that just it. You are leader of your team you are a most likely the MV of the league and in an elimination game you go 2-13 score 8 points and have more turn overs then assists you bombed. That is a bad game for starters, that is much worse if you a star and leader and MVP canidate. I never said he was a bad player I said he bombed, hell even he said he tightens up in presure situations whihc is not something that should ever come out of leaders mouth. And just becasue I don't like basketball (mostly pro basketball)does not mean I dont know it. My dad coached HS basketball when I was a kid and I played as a kid.

ok you know basketball, but do you watch it enough to know what kind of players they are besides listening to a bunch of sportscenter analysts and gaining your knowledge from them? :lol

nash said:
ok you know basketball, but do you watch it enough to know what kind of players they are besides listening to a bunch of sportscenter analysts and gaining your knowledge from them? :lol
Ok you got me there I do watch sportscenter, hell if I home during the day the TV is on ESPN almost all day long:lol I dont have to watch whole games spend all day watching ESPN is lke watchin gthe cliffnotes version of a game.

all good. god im pretty f'd up right now....

damn havent been this drunk in a week and half......too long!

seriously tho, when you heading out to hawaii again?? hopefully we can meet up next time.

Today is the day Chad....it's time for

"THE GAME" OF THE WESTERN NBA PLAYOFFS!

:fireworks Pheonix Suns vs San Antonio Spurs :fireworks

nbapreviewspurssuns412xn7.jpg

Goodluck to both teams! :drink

Back