DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I went to CSULB there was a Football team, program ended in 91 when our coach died from pnemonia after getting a gatorade bath after a win..

We had a running back named Terell Davis..

Davis_Terrell_150.jpg

Bodie The Cursed said:
GO SPURS!!

THE SUNS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE TEAMS THAT NEVER GOT OVER THE HUMP!!

:lol < LOL!

LOL TYPICAL LAKER FAN

Great game -- looks like this will go seven. Watching Nash pour out blood was akin to watching the chances of victory seem out of the Suns. Amare should have gone hard to the hole for his last few shots and dunked the damn ball. You cannot blame the trainers since they had an impossible task -- trying to stop a wound that took six stitches to eventually close with a band-aid was a no win situation. Notable that Nash did return for one sequence and did make a 3 pointer with blood streaming down. Very dramatic. Tony Parker and Tim Duncan played tremendous basketball. I want the Suns to win but I harbor no ill will against the Spurs since they play the game the way it is suppose to be played and are a great team.

I look for a Suns victory in game two - probably more than ten points difference. GS to beat Utah... Pistons continue to roll into the finals.

Bodie --- not so fast... I would even agree that Magic was a great player... so we have more in common that you may otherwise think ..... I just think that kid from Indiana who came in with him was a tad better. :D

Bodie The Cursed said:
THE SUNS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE TEAMS THAT NEVER GOT OVER THE HUMP!!
Bodie, shame on you!! I can't believe your'e rooting for the San Antonio Snores. :sleep

nash said:
LOL TYPICAL LAKER FAN
I'm sure not only Lakers fans feel that way, but in this case I am rooting for the Suns. I can't stand San Antonio.:emperor

Go Suns!!

Last edited:
gideon said:
...I would even agree that Magic was a great player... I just think that kid from Indiana who came in with him was a tad better.
Although I agree that Bird was a GREAT player, I will point out again that he not only beat Bird for a National Championship...

MagicBird.jpg

...but the fellow on the right had two more Rings!! :monkey3

Ill Jedi - as you well know, not a single player in the entire history of the NBA has ever won a championship. Teams wins titles - not individuals. And I would also point out to you that on the MSY team that won the title in 1979, there were THREE future NBA players on that team. Indiana State had but a single one. The strength of a team is not necessarily reflective or representative of an individual player.

I further point out these statistics to you as a proper reflection of the individual skills of both Bird and Johnson

Larry Bird 24.3 Points per game 10.0 rebounds 6.3 assists
Ervin Johnson 19.5 PPG 7.0 rebounds 11.2 asists

This gives Bird a total productivity rating of 40.6 when you add the three categories together

This gives Johnson a total productivity rating of 37.7 when you add the three together.

I would also add that not a single player in the history of the NBA before or since has eclipsed Bird in leading his team in points, assists and rebounds in a single game. Bird has more in that category than anyone including Oscar Robertson or Magic Johnson.

Not too bad for a slow hick who could not jump.

I was just browsing through playoff pics and came across this one. I had to laugh, some people are ballsy. :lol:lol:lol
07playoffsr1g1lakersigntc1.jpg

While the entire basketball world seems fascinated about the Western conference teams, the Detroit Pistons are playing some fantastic team ball. Chicago looked like a worldbeater when they blew out Miami but the Pistons have completely dismantled them. Their gaurds who looked so good are being destroyed. They have nobody in the middle which is causing Chris Webber to play like he is a good ten years younger. Chicago could make a series of it when they get back home but so far its blow-out time.

Extremely proud of my team tonight. They stepped it up!

Back