DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gideon said:
This is weird ... I have tried several times to edit the *** out of the word RE****TION in the post above. It lets me manually do it but does not correct it on the screen.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
Dave banned the word p u t a so it gets edited out of words that contain it.

I think gideon is really David Stern in disguise. Hi Mr. Stern glad you could make it to our toy forum!! :lol

nash said:
I think gideon is really David Stern in disguise. Hi Mr. Stern glad you could make it to our toy forum!! :lol
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
He can't be Stern. If he was he would have found a way for us to be banned or suspended by now.

Well... there are no photographs of Stern and I together in the same place at the same time. But if I were Stern I think my ruling in the Horry bodycheck case would have been slightly different. :D

Did anybody see how close Phoenix came to getting the #3 pick in the draft yesterday? My local paper says that if Atlanta had not picked 3 then it would have gone to Phoenix because of a previous trade.

Durant will have much more of an immediate impact on his team that Oden will have with Portland. I am still not convinced that Oden will be more than just an averge center... but if he does so it will take time and a couple of seasons at least. The pros are fascinated with him because he is big and plays the actual position of center with his back to the basket in the time honored way. Over the last decade or two lots of big men prefer to play like power forwards. So Oden has SAVIOR stamped on him in big letters ... truthfully I did not see it in the NCAA tourney. At times he was far less than an impact player. I can think of at least a dozen college centers who were far better and had far more potential than Oden. It says something about the woeful status of the big man in the league that Oden is getting the attention.

gideon said:
Well... there are no photographs of Stern and I together in the same place at the same time. But if I were Stern I think my ruling in the Horry bodycheck case would have been slightly different. :D

Damn gideon! Your still stuck on that one game. :horror

Get over it man there is a bigger world out there I promise. Look out your window now and then I promise it will do some good.

Well the playoffs are still in full action mode and it will be very difficult to deny the impact of that ruling on the team from the West that goes to the title round - especially if they win it. Its a lot more than just one game. That one decision changed the entire playoffs and eventual NBA champion.
And .......... we should not forget .......... lets make it front and center in everyones mind for a long time to come.

DannieDarKo said:
Damn gideon! Your still stuck on that one game. :horror

Get over it man there is a bigger world out there I promise. Look out your window now and then I promise it will do some good.

yeah i am already looking forward to offseason news and next preseason games!

Rumor has it Jerry West will be coming back to Laker land as an adivisor..

I hope this is true..

Jerry West is a talent magnet and always seems to pull a rabbit (KG) out of his hat..

Looking forward to the off season..

Bodie .. certainly Jerry West is one of the 25 greatest players of all time. His record in the front office of the Lakers was outstanding. I thought he was going to work a miracle with the Grizzlies until their nosedive this year. It also seemed to take a great deal out of him personally to the extent that it drove him from the team. In the end, he leaves the team basically in the position that he found it five years ago.

Does he still have any magic left? Who knows? Perhaps he does... perhaps the game has passed him by. If anybody can work wonders in the Lakers front office it would be Jerry West. Time will tell if even he can work that trick.

gideon said:
Bodie .. certainly Jerry West is one of the 25 greatest players of all time. His record in the front office of the Lakers was outstanding. I thought he was going to work a miracle with the Grizzlies until their nosedive this year. It also seemed to take a great deal out of him personally to the extent that it drove him from the team. In the end, he leaves the team basically in the position that he found it five years ago.

Does he still have any magic left? Who knows? Perhaps he does... perhaps the game has passed him by. If anybody can work wonders in the Lakers front office it would be Jerry West. Time will tell if even he can work that trick.

I thought the same w/ the Grizzlies, they were looking like they were on the upswing, but as you said it seems he left them as he found them..

I was under the impression West left us because he and Phil butted heads.. Hopefully they resolved thier differences as Kobe and Phil did during round two of Phil's tour w/ the Lakers..

Should be an interesting summer.

gideon said:
Did anybody see how close Phoenix came to getting the #3 pick in the draft yesterday? My local paper says that if Atlanta had not picked 3 then it would have gone to Phoenix because of a previous trade.
I was under the impression that Phoenix never could have gotten the third pic. They just got Atlanta's lottery pick if it wasn't in the top three. Either way, David Stern's punishment of Amare continues.:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Bannister said:
I was under the impression that Phoenix never could have gotten the third pic. They just got Atlanta's lottery pick if it wasn't in the top three. Either way, David Stern's punishment of Amare continues.:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Deal was if Atlanta landed picks 1-3 Phoenix doesnt get it.. If was pick 4 and on, it would have belonged to the Suns.. Im assuming this was part of the Joe Johnson trade?

Regardless of who gets what pick, teams still trade players after the fact of drafting.

Phoenix could still get Atlanta's pick if they were to trade again for that player.

Back