DEAR NASH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atlanta will again be one of the worst teams in the league next year barring some miracle. So the Suns will be able to draft high --- perhaps a point gaurd to be molded for a couple of years by Nash before he retires in four or five years?

I think about Billups being taken third and then not cutting it for the Celtics. He only really found his own after several seasons of getting experience. Playing point gaurd behind Nash for a couple of years would be great experience for anyone trying to learn the right way to run an offense.

On ESPN radio the other day they had a couple of draft experts talking about top prospects. One was already backtracking about Greg Oden saying that while he will be a valuable addition to any team, he just may not have the stats that some people will expect him to have. I have felt right along that Oden will be a little better than average center. We shall see.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Whats w/ Oden anyway?.. He is what 19 years old and looks like a 40 year old?..

It almost looks as if he is prematurley aging and wont live a long life..
There was an article in our local paper talking about how Oden wanted to be like David Robinson and in the article the writer said he already looked older than Robinson does now.:lol :lol :lol

Oden looks old enough to have played with Kareem. Perhaps that is the real story of the draft... not the speculation about the age of Chinese center Yi Jianlian who many say is three years older than his listed age.

I saw a clip with an interview with Oden and they asked him what was the best thing he had heard regarding how old he looks and he said someone once asked him what WWII was like.:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Somebody with better skills than myself should find an old picture of Clifford Ray and compare it to Oden. I think Ray was the center on the Warriors team with Rick Barry when the won the title. From what I can recall, Ray looks like he could have been the kids father.

546765826_l.gif

Deja Vu in game 2 of Detriot/Cleveland.. This time LeBron forces it.. Kobe he is not...

However the bigger ham is Larry Hughs.. A 7 footer for a shooter?.. Kobe he is not..

Detroit is looking very beatable if your a Western Team watching this series..

San Antonio is the clear champ this year IMO..

Bodie - I cannot take issue with your fundamental conclusion that San Antonio is the favorite so far to win it all. The Pistons have a fatal flaw in that they sometimes do not play hard and expect to be able to turn it on and off like a light switch. Against the Spurs, that would kill them. I would say that in defense - both the Spurs and Pistons are about equal. However, on offense the edge has to go to the Spurs. Living in Michigan and seeing a great deal of the Pistons it was obvious that Webber is tiring fast and no longer can play a entire game. That will hurt them against the Spurs.

It was fun watching San Antonio get pounded last night...

I hope in tonights Detriot/Cleveland game we get a repeat situation of the previous 2.. Cleveleand down by one, shot clock off and LeBron w/ the ball..

Detroit as well as the whole World knew LeBron was not going to pass last game and Detroit stayed home on him.. All the media bashing of LeBron played right into Detroits hands.

If the same situation happens again, and LeBron fails, he might surpass Dirk as the goat of the 07 playoffs..

I agree Gideon that the Pistons will put up a good fight.. But I can't see them beating San Antonio..

No Championship for Flip Saunders.. San Antonio in 6..

I thought for sure I would see at least one comment on the Kobe Soap Opera, or at the very least something about the Spurs win.

You guys have made me sad. :monkey2

*EDIT* I just saw gideon's thread. :doh

Sun's get Grant Hill! Im so stoked for this, he has always been one of my favorite players since he stepped foot in the NBA and Pistons, I even have his old Pistons jersey. Im very anxious to see him work into the suns' offense! :chew:chew

im hoping he can stay healthy for one whole season as well, but i think he will have a good season.

Back