Do you acknowledge the Expanded Universe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth do you cling to?

• Film-only continuity

Votes: 52 49.1%
  • Film + EU continuity

Votes: 54 50.9%

• Total voters
But this poll begs the question as to whether there is actual continuity in the films ....

PT :emperor

I look at EU the same way I look at all-you-can-eat buffets. It's mostly disgusting, but if you take the time to investigate you will find something you like.
I recommend the Clone Wars cartoon and the potato croquettes.:monkey5

I thought the three "Tales from the..." series were fantastic.* I think the rest of the EU is bantha poodoo...

* "Tales from the Cantina"
"Tales from Jabbas Palace"
"Tales of the Bounty Hunters"

I've never really paid attention to it... I generally don't like to read acillary material for movies and series. I usually don't feel like they live up to the source material.

So I'm not necessarily opposed to EU as a general rule, but not really my thing. Although the Clone Wars cartoon series kicked major ass!!!

I read the Zahn novels and liked them okay, so I bought all the novels. But a lot of them are true poodoo. And a lot of the history contradicts the PT. So it isn't canon, but I can take what's cool, like Darth Bane, and leave crap, like the Black Fleet Crisis.

I like the EU. Mostly game related stuff ie. Jedi Outcast, Bounty Hunter, Kotor I & II, Republic Commandos. I really enjoy how some games add to the movies. Bounty Hunter is actually a back story of how Jango became the clone army template and how he started working with Zam. Republic Commando is a great spin off of the clone wars. I hope that KOTOR III will have some foreshadowing into the OT. Maybe a young yoda, after all he is 900+ yrs old.

galactiboy said:
I've never really paid attention to it... I generally don't like to read acillary material for movies and series. I usually don't feel like they live up to the source material.

So I'm not necessarily opposed to EU as a general rule, but not really my thing. Although the Clone Wars cartoon series kicked major ass!!!

I kinda feel the CW series is part of the saga since the story line must have been approved by George to conect Episode 2 and 3 so well.

But Lucas also approved the NJO storyline, or at least alot of it. I know he had the final sayso on who lived and died.

Outlander said:
I should mention that "film-only continuity", by Lucasfilm's definition, means Episodes I to VI only. So if you count Clone Wars you have to vote EU...quote]

Even better!!! The six films it is!!! The way it should be!

Just as an aside, it cuts me pretty deep to see The Book of Mormon joked about when it's something so important to me. Not to derail or anything, but that really hurts. It's something I really believe in, so please let's not joke like that unless you want to PM me with your issues. I can take it privately, but not in a public forum like this.

Sorry 'bout that Darklord Dave.

gdb said:
Uh-oh. Here come the thought police of censorship.

How is what Cap'n said in anyway censorship? Asking a person to post in a respectful way is censoring them?

Ya know we're adults here and if you don't like religion just keep it to yourself because I've not seen anyone come on and start pressing their beliefs on another member. You may not feel that way but it's ****ing rude to start mocking it. There's just no call for it and it's rude. Maybe I feel like because you don't like it you'll be burning in hell but I'm not gonna come here and say that.

So as I've said once already shut the **** up and move on.:rolleyes:

I always like to use the general rule of Irish pub etiquette - no religion, no politics.
Just dolls, dolls, dolls!:D

Back