The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call it BS all you want. I used to buy tons of discs... now I only buy a very select few. CDs have become a very small market now.

Blu ray is quite possibly the last disc based media.

I like my discs and collectible cases.
I never stream. I haven't made that leap yet.
I like to feel like I own something.
Sure I download movies and crap movies, but if I really like something, I like to physically add it to my collection.

Google appleTV... welcome to 2013... lol.

Some **** on netflix is very much HD... take that amazing exclusive to netflix show: House of Cards. It streams and looks amazing. You won't find that show on blu ray.

No way in hell it's 1080P with lossless audio though.
Until that happens, I'll stick to my blu rays (or 4K's when that is common soon), for the ultimate presentation.

I like my discs and collectible cases.
I never stream. I haven't made that leap yet.
I like to feel like I own something.
Sure I download movies and crap movies, but if I really like something, I like to physically add it to my collection.

Until that happens, I'll stick to my blu rays (or 4K's when that is common soon), for the ultimate presentation.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Spend $100 on AppleTV and Stream HD...

right after you buy an Apple TV for $800 and replace your entire home theatre and continue to pay for the streaming services like netflix seperately

It's that easy. :lol

Dude... appleTV is not a television. It is a small box that has wifi that you can connect to your system through hdmi. That is it. Lol... :rotfl

Not lossless... not yet. With netflix getting more and more exclusives and with the convenience of renting over itunes... I save blurays for those really special movies. Lossless is nice but I am not paying 20 or 30 per disc when I pay nothing extra to watch it on netflix.

This isn't an "exclusive or (XOR)"... you can have both. I cut cable and went with netflix. I use a proxy with an american DNS so I get access to the american netflix content. I save so much money now.

Oh and I have a feeling unless 4k comes through streaming, it will go the way of Super Audio CD (SACD). Chances are it won't be disc based. Maybe flash memory.

Google appleTV... welcome to 2013... lol.

Some **** on netflix is very much HD... take that amazing exclusive to netflix show: House of Cards. It streams and looks amazing. You won't find that show on blu ray.

ummm....[ame]https://www.amazon.com/House-Cards-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00BC5FN2C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374551767&sr=8-1&keywords=house+of+cards+blu+ray[/ame]

Call it BS all you want. I used to buy tons of discs... now I only buy a very select few. CDs have become a very small market now.

Blu ray is quite possibly the last disc based media.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you about it. :lol

Just because you no longer buy discs doesn't mean most people don't.

Most of the people I know who Netflix use it for tv shows.

I think they'll always be a market for discs. Just like there still is a market for vinyl.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/24/wolverines-darkest-moments

original.jpg

:rock

Saw the movie last night with my wife. She didn't understand what was going on until the very end of the movie. I happened to enjoy the film as it is a million times better than the abortion of the last film. There is an amazing scene on a 300 mile per hour bullet train.

Back