What should be done to killers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 14 shot dead at movie theater

OK but that takes us back to the question of is it really worth the taxpayer money for this guy to continue to live at all. Now thats not a question I would ordinarily ask, in another context it would be quite horrific, but this is an exceptional case where we have a guy who did what he did and his guilt is certain.

Executions regularly cost more then life sentence in jail.

OK but that takes us back to the question of is it really worth the taxpayer money for this guy to continue to live at all. Now thats not a question I would ordinarily ask, in another context it would be quite horrific, but this is an exceptional case where we have a guy who did what he did and his guilt is certain.

So you are saying we shouldn't have prisons at all because it's a waste of our money to let criminals live? Perhaps we should kill all criminals then, because we can't just throw them back in society where they will cause more atrocities?

That's your opinion. My opinion is that no human is born a racist, murderer, rapist or whatever. Only circumstances brings people to good or bad, upbringing, intensive social conditioning etc. Humans aren't perfect and unlike the majority of people I don't think humans were created by a perfect god or guided by an intelligent or moral power. Are these excuses for what he did? No, they are the explanations to why he did what he did.

Justice would be to bring back the dead to life, but it's impossible. The only thing we can do is to protect society from this murderer. If you feel better by more death, that's your illogical emotion and feeling about this but it doesn't make it "justice".

Do you think that the children who was brainwashed to become nazis during the 30's in Nazi Germany would agree with Nazism if they lived your life? What if they realized that what they did was wrong later on? And they regret what they did?

There are ex-nazis like that. But according to you, we should hang them.

I know its my opinion. That's why I wrote it.

Excuses vs. explanations ... difference without a distinction.

Justice is balance -- an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. It isn't about emotion. It isn't about protecting society. It isn't about whether life imprisonment or death costs more. It is about just punishment. He willfully murdered innocents ... the consequences must match the crime. Anything less is too light, and thus unjust.

Good upbringing or bad -- men cannot be perfected. Society cannot be perfected. Violence has always existed and will always exist. That is not an opinion -- it is a fact. It is the history of the world.

I don't care if he regrets what he did. Regret does not eliminate the need for a just punishment. Execute him. Same for ex-Nazis that participated in the holocaust, for instance (ex-nazis that were just in the party, kids that saluted Hitler, soldiers that fought in battles, etc., didn't necessarily commit crimes).

People can be brainwashed. People can be crazy. People can be raised by bad parents, or live in a bad society. Those things don't create evil -- we all live in the same society, with varying upbringings. People are still entirely responsible for their own actions. He is responsible -- and there is no logical explanation. Execute him. Swiftly.

SnakeDoc

So you are saying we shouldn't have prisons at all because it's a waste of our money to let criminals live? Perhaps we should kill all criminals then, because we can't just throw them back in society where they will cause more atrocities?

I'm saying that in a land where the death penalty still exists then this guy, of all people, is a prime candidate for it. Nothing more.

Last edited:

Excuses vs. explanations ... difference without a distinction.

Justice is balance -- an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. It isn't about emotion. It isn't about protecting society. It is about just punishment. He willfully murdered innocents ... the consequences must match the crime. Anything less is too light, and thus unjust.

Good upbringing or bad -- men cannot be perfected. Society cannot be perfected. Violence has always existed and will always exist. That is not an opinion -- it is a fact. It is the history of the world.

I don't care if he regrets what he did. Regret does not eliminate the need for a just punishment. Execute him. Same for ex-Nazis that participated in the holocaust, for instance (ex-nazis that were just in the party, kids that saluted Hitler, soldiers that fought in battles, etc., didn't necessarily commit crimes).

People can be brainwashed. People can be crazy. People can be raised by bad parents, or live in a bad society. Those things don't create evil -- we all live in the same society, with varying upbringings. People are still entirely responsible for their own actions. He is responsible -- and there is no logical explanation. Execute him. Swiftly.

SnakeDoc

If you lived the life of this murderer you would have done the same. Our values, thoughts, beliefs etc are shaped by everything that is projected in from the outside to the mind.

The world isn't perfect and it won't become better if we start executing murderers. It will only bring us down to their level, we are better than them and we won't kill, that's what separates us from murderers.

This guy deserves a ____ty life in a ____ty jail, no luxury and no comfort. Just hard work and bad food. That's what he deserves. Justice is another thing. IF we could bring back the dead to life that would be justice for them and that's the only justice that matters because they were the ones who were killed. But to kill the murderer would be a personal emotional matter for people like you. To see him dead, so you can feel better. How does that solve anything? More killing?

Say we killed him. Now what? You feel better? That was the only thing we achieved. Great! Justice for the ones who were killed!

Btw: He was responsible for his actions, but there is always an explanation to why someone kills. Be it an illogical or a logical reason.

If you lived the life of this murderer you would have done the same. Our values, thoughts, beliefs etc are shaped by everything that is projected in from the outside to the mind.

The world isn't perfect and it won't become better if we start executing murderers. It will only bring us down to their level, we are better than them and we won't kill, that's what separates us from murderers.

This guy deserves a ____ty life in a ____ty jail, no luxury and no comfort. Just hard work and bad food. That's what he deserves. Justice is another thing. IF we could bring back the dead to life that would be justice for them and that's the only justice that matters because they were the ones who were killed. But to kill the murderer would be a personal emotional matter for people like you. To see him dead, so you can feel better. How does that solve anything? More killing?

Say we killed him. Now what? You feel better? That was the only thing we achieved. Great! Justice for the ones who were killed!

:lecture No need to re-iterate so I'll just say, this is what I believe.

This would only be true if you were born with exactly the same biological make-up. Babies aren't born entirely empty sponges. Even from the get-go they have individual personalities.

This guy deserves a ____ty life in a ____ty jail, no luxury and no comfort. Just hard work and bad food. That's what he deserves.

He probably will get luxury and comfort in prison. I can see this guy getting protected and even pampered compared to other prisoners because they'll know other prisoners will be a danger to him. But, hopefully I'm wrong and prison in the US will be different to how it is in Ireland.

Btw: He was responsible for his actions, but there is always an explanation to why someone kills. Be it an illogical or a logical reason.

You are one distorted individual. That first paragraph is the biggest load I've read in a long time. Completely eliminating free-will from your worldview is uniquely stupid.

We achieved justice. Justice is always preferable to injustice. The world is a better place when punishments fit the crime -- and when people like this are removed from it.

He apparently shot a 3-month old baby at point blank range. An uncomfortable life in a jail cell with three squares a day is too good. He deserves death. No less is acceptable.

SnakeDoc

Oh bull____. I grew up in an alcoholic household. My father would smack my mother around. By your logic I would be a spouse abusing alcoholic. You know what? I treat my wife damn well and very rarely drink. I chose not to be what I grew up in. You buy into the boo hoo my childhood was rough BS that has been corrupting our youth for the last 15 to 20 years. Your type make me irate. The US is getting the way it is because of the same victim mentality that you are spewing here.

Last edited:

This would only be true if you were born with exactly the same biological make-up. Babies aren't born entirely empty sponges. Even from the get-go they have individual personalities.

Sure, personalities can be inherited. Just like diseases and mental illnesses. But I don't think this guy would have done what he did if he got to live my life or your life. He has been shaped to do this, he didn't have this in him when he was a baby to become a murderer. No one is born a murderer. This is no excuse for what he did, just an explanation to why ____ like this happens.

He probably will get luxury and comfort in prison. I can see this guy getting protected and even pampered compared to other prisoners because they'll know other prisoners will be a danger to him. But, hopefully I'm wrong and prison in the US will be different to how it is in Ireland.

I'm just glad the US doesn't have Swedish laws. This guy could be out of jail within 40 years or less. The jails here are pretty luxurious compared to US jails..

You are one distorted individual. That first paragraph is the biggest load I've read in a long time. Completely eliminating free-will from your worldview is uniquely stupid.

We achieved justice. Justice is always preferable to injustice. The world is a better place when punishments fit the crime -- and when people like this are removed from it.

He apparently shot a 3-month old baby at point blank range. An uncomfortable life in a jail cell with three squares a day is too good. He deserves death. No less is acceptable.

SnakeDoc

I would say "try to keep it civil" because of your insult. But then I remember I'm arguing with someone who wants more killing and calls it justice. :slap

They just showed a pic of the murderer and he looks like the guy from Big Bang Theory...what's his name? Sheldon?

Last edited:

Oh bull____. I grew up in an alcoholic household. My father would smack my mother around. By your logic I would be a spouse abusing alcoholic. You know what? I treat my wife damn well and very rarely drink. I chose not to be what I grew up in. You buy into the boo hoo my childhood was rough BS that has been corrupting our youth for the last 15 to 20 years. Your type make me irate. The US is getting the way it is because of the same victim mentality that you are spewing here.

Ehm what the hell are you talking about? You are taking words out of my mouth.

French Canadian rules :rock

That was keeping it civil. "Distorted" was the nicest word I could come up with. There were other options.

You're pretty sensitive -- at least to minor insults, and the plight of mass murderers.

SnakeDoc

Not really, but at least I won't go down to their level of insanity.

Back