What should be done to killers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe PLENTY of people would line up for the honor of taking this guy out.

Hang him and save the bullets. No long drawn out court and free room and board. If the determination is made (like it has been in the case) that without a doubt he is guilty, just hang him. Period.

Thank you drive though.

Ok I'm not sure you're the one I had a discussion with but still, what's the deal? Why the hate all the time? :dunno

I don't hate you. You're a faceless person on the internet whom I have never met. I just took objection to your soap box preaching about the death penalty. I don't think it was the right time or place, showed some lack of sensitivity and presumption on your part, and apparently at least one mod agreed with me.

I don't hate you. You're a faceless person on the internet whom I have never met. I just took objection to your soap box preaching about the death penalty. I don't think it was the right time or place, showed some lack of sensitivity and presumption on your part, and apparently at least one mod agreed with me.

I don't think you hate me, but you are very rude to me in several comments you've made in different threads.

"Soap box preaching". I don't agree with this, I thought the countless of "kill him, hang him, torture him" comments were pretty silly and childish. I argued against that. It was not insensitive at all against the victims, I felt sorry for them as well and the only justice I want is that they can come back to life, true justice, but it's impossible. So people look for something that can make themselves feel better. To "solve" the situation, so they just want to see the murderer dead. But it won't solve anything. Beating the ____ out of him is barbaric, who is the person who should carry out this beating? What will we gain from this?

Now, if you have something against insensitive comments, why didn't you say anything about the several comments making jokes about the tragic event? Come on. It's only my comments you have something against, over and over again.

Beating the ____ out of him is barbaric, who is the person who should carry out this beating? What will we gain from this?

-Yes it is barbaric in a sense. However, there isn't a word to describe someone that can shoot a baby without hesitation.

-Let a volunteer do it. I'm sure there are many.

-One less murderer in the world. So yes it does solve a problem.

But if you execute the murderer after the shootings then he won't have to suffer. When you are dead, you are gone. There is no thought, awareness or whatever and I don't believe in fairy tales about heaven and hell.

I actually am also atheist. But I'm still not sure I agree that he should get to live on even if it is in prison.

-Yes it is barbaric in a sense. However, there isn't a word to describe someone that can shoot a baby without hesitation.

-Let a volunteer do it. I'm sure there are many.

-One less murderer in the world. So yes it does solve a problem.

Who are these volunteers who would line up to kill a man that is no longer a threat in jail? It's personal to them, yet it was no one they knew who got killed. You are wrong when you say one murderer less in this world, one gone but a new one created.

I'd understand if say a father of one of the kids who got killed went after the murderer and shot him. But complete strangers taking it so personally and getting angry and want more death... That's illogical to me.

Now, if you have something against insensitive comments, why didn't you say anything about the several comments making jokes about the tragic event? Come on. It's only my comments you have something against, over and over again.

Because the people who were being "insensitive" were smart enough to not to take issue with others calling them out on it.

If you want to make it even, shoot him as many times as he shot the people he shot, and then do surgery to patch him up, let him heal up, shoot him again,patch him up again until he is shot with as many bullets as he fired. That's being shot 12 times until clinically dead, then brought back to life again, and wounded with the total number of bullets he fired into the other 38 people he wounded. Of course, he must pay for all of these procedures himself.
That will never happen, though. It's the only just revenge, but since it can't be delivered, you have to try to fix him and make him somehow atone for his crimes.

Who are these volunteers who would line up to kill a man that is no longer a threat in jail? It's personal to them, yet it was no one they knew who got killed. You are wrong when you say one murderer less in this world, one gone but a new one created.

I'd understand if say a father of one of the kids who got killed went after the murderer and shot him. But complete strangers taking it so personally and getting angry and want more death... That's illogical to me.

Clearly we don't agree. :dunno

I wish more complete strangers would take their fellow man more personally. The world would be a better place if we all stood up for one another.

Clearly we don't agree. :dunno

I wish more complete strangers would take their fellow man more personally. The world would be a better place if we all stood up for one another.

Sure, in a situation where it would make a difference. Like shooting the murderer during his rampage. But now? When he is in jail? How is that looking out for your fellow man?

Sup? Let me add more wood to this fire. I think they should just lock this ____er for life. I used to be all for death penalty but I have come to see things in a different manner. I won't even go into details but my number one reason to favor life in jail instead of death penalty is because I think it, ultimately, makes us a better as a species. Humans never had a problem killing one another so to refrain to eliminate such a flaw individual shows, in my opinion, a more evolved sense of restraint and character. Killing someone is just too easy. Kill him today and he is gone forever... all that remains is a memory of tragedy and the sense of emptiness. The killer is gone and what the ____ have we learned? Not a damn thing... not even the loved ones will feel vindicated (some might, but I believe the majority wont) because his death is meaningless, it won't bring anybody back. Let him live, spend his day in jail as a reminder that he is flawed, that taking a life is inadmissible and that no sane human being should ever consider killing another of his kind... NO MATTER WHAT REASON.

Last edited:
I think the governor summed it up best on his live address. This man is an aberration. Wipe him out. :clap

Re: 14 shot dead at movie theater

OK but that takes us back to the question of is it really worth the taxpayer money for this guy to continue to live at all. Now thats not a question I would ordinarily ask, in another context it would be quite horrific, but this is an exceptional case where we have a guy who did what he did and his guilt is certain. Having him live the rest of his life in jail won't bring anyone who was killed back either.

All criminals should have to pay for the costs of their incarceration. They should grow their own food, and have only what they can earn by working for it, while paying for all of the prison expenses. No weights, either.

In society there has to be a consequence meet to the offense. If you premeditate the taking of a life the consequence must be returned in kind or else justice becomes a mockery. I point to the Philippines as a prime example of this.

Carrying ouy the death penalty is not murder. It is a justified killing -- no different morally from a self-defense killing. It is an impartial judicial killing -- the carrying out of a punishment after due process, ruled 'justified' by an impartial jury and an impartial judge according to laws passed by the legislature. If the circumstances fit the law (which they do), then the death penalty may be judged justified punishment according to the law and the rules of due process.

How in the world is that "murder"?

Who said anything about getting angry? Anger has nothing to do with it. Death is the only just punishment for his crime. I find no logic in giving this guy a lesser punishment than the maximum available.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Re: 14 shot dead at movie theater

All criminals should have to pay for the costs of their incarceration. They should grow their own food, and have only what they can earn by working for it, while paying for all of the prison expenses. No weights, either.

that will never happen,
the government will take money out of your paycheck to keep this monsters alive,

i really dont see how can anyone be okay with that, so people are okay with paying for the meals and the care of these people?
you might as well volunteer to have them live in your house then :dunno

Carrying ouy the death penalty is not murder. It is a justified killing -- no different morally from a self-defence killing. It is an impartial judicial killing -- the carrying out of a punishment after due process. It is judged justified by an impartial jury and an impartial judge.

Who said anything about getting angry? Anger has nothing to do with it. Death is the only just punishment for his crime. I find no logic in giving this guy a lesser punishment than the maximum available.

SnakeDoc

Self-defense or defending someone else is the only situation where I see killing justified. Killing a criminal who is in custody/jail and not a harm to anyone anymore is not self-defense. There is a reason why most countries don't have the death penalty anymore and hopefully more countries will become more civilized. Because it's primitive. We are better than the murderers and we will set an example for them, we are not like them.

Anger: I'm judging it on the countless of people who want this guy tortured or dead. This won't solve anything. Could you explain to me how his execution will solve anything for the victims and their families?

Back