HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordmasterprince

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Packing: The outer box jacket looks like a helmet with the visor area being cut out. When you slide open the box jacket , you are like taking the helmet off Dallas. A very interesting design.

Figure: Unlike the construction of aliens , Dallas does have a normal human body underneth the space suit. The suit is divided into pieces for the ease of being worn. The suit material feels softer than those used for aliens.

Articulation: It basically mimics the same way the "real" suit restricting the movement of the wearer. Shoulder armour will get in the way if you want to raise the arm vertically. The elbows can be bent to about 80 degree. Knees can be bent to about 90 degree. However the hip joints forth and back movement are restricted by the suit , where the side movement are fine. The ankle joint can help maintaining a steady pose.

Head Sculpt: Great likeness of Dallas . Almost the same as the sample.

Accessories: LED lighting units for helmet and back pack are all self contained. I wise they have done the same thing to the hand held flash light. Claps are functional and are made out of matel. Bendable main air hose with wire inside allows maintaing a realistic hanging shape of the hose.

Paint Job: Great head sculpt is matched with excellent paint job. All the colthing have shadow and highlights giving a very realistic 3D effect. Armours , helmets and backpacks are painted to look like rusted copper. There is a complex and subtle wheathering effect on all the painted surface. It is hard to believe a mass produced item will have this level of paint application.

Display Base: The base looks like a breakfast egg holder . Well that is exactlly what it is, an egg holder. The egg is actually from the Aliens snap kit , which is in fact a AVP version egg. The Alien version egg should be bigger in size and with a different shape and colour. This is the only disappointment from this set. Well, I guess a custom Alien egg would not be very hard to make.

Any company will be willing to chip in the hype of producing an alien toy . But for not so popular side cast like Dallas and Kane, not many companies will take the chance . These for sure will be the rarity among the Alien collection universe.

2775249632_3ef318f53c_o.jpg

2774396357_31f58d401d_o.jpg

2778138061_0829ab9b54_o.jpg

2778994502_9a047e9d12_o.jpg

2778994310_be34cef234_o.jpg

2778994380_f84f7f6dd3_o.jpg

2778138299_72c2a008d7_o.jpg

2778138161_8664de972f_o.jpg

Great work man!! Love it! Quick question though....do you see any signs of the paint cracking or rubbing off on the rubber spacesuit? The Medicom Metal Gear Old Snake had this problem..hopefully Hot Toys found a way around it.

awesome. This is a masterpiece , I can't wait for this too arrive. Kane too.
Thanks for the photos and mini review.

Appreciated ! :rock:rock2

awesome review and sweet pics!! question - does his head fit too low in the helmet? from your pics it looks pretty good, but it's hard to tell exactly.

awesome review and sweet pics!! question - does his head fit too low in the helmet? from your pics it looks pretty good, but it's hard to tell exactly.

It really depands on the angle that you look at it. If the figure is standing in an up right position , you will find it the head looks low. But that is just how the orginal design look like. With the height of the neck session of the helmet , it would take a giraffe to have his head to be fully seen through the visor ! :lol

harrysuitfront1.jpg
harrysuitrear1.jpg

pics from aliencollection

Damn, he looks badass! Well, guess I'll have to order Dallas as well :lol

Thanks for the review and pics :rock

Great pics and review LMP. Thanks! Looks like a brilliant figure. It's getting hard to stay out of this line.

great review masterprince, the pictures are awesome..........now i gues its time to re order this one cuz i cancelled my ssc order a while back!

[QUOTE
harrysuitfront1.jpg
harrysuitrear1.jpg

pics from aliencollection[/QUOTE]

What a great picture!Shows these have turned out exactly as they should.So happy the figure looks this good.ABC Express should be shipping mine anytime now.

Great review.

I have to know...What is that cool background you're using for these shots?

2778994310_be34cef234_o.jpg

Awesome review. Very happy to have these back on order again after jumping ship awhile back. The suit design is truly a work of art.

Any ideas when Cornerstore will have Dallas ready for shipping?

Hopefully soon! I want to get my grubby mitts on this figure!

Back