HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question:

Does the back of the backpack light up as shown in the proto pics?

Alien_Nostromo_Dallas_18.jpg

Awesome review lordmasterprince!
Seeing this has made me want to cancel my order less, but I think I still will go through with it. I just can't get over the rubber astronaut suit.
Besides, I'd rather spend the money right now on a DiD Samurai.

Thanks for the review man, sterling stuff. I can't wait to get both these figs. It was a picture of Dallas & Kane in their away suits on a Starburst cover which first got me into Alien. Almost thirty years ago now :monkey2

I realy hope Hoy Toys do versions of the rest of the crew, and a movie accurate alien (fingers crossed).

I can't believe it! Finally, some news. And not only news, in-hand pics and a review!

I am RELIEVED beyond words!

Thanks lordmasterprince!

This figure, with lights, looks to challenge the leading BEST FIGURE of the year!

i cannot wait for these figures! Been excited about them ever since they were first announced.

Thanks for the review and pics

The chair in the photos was designed by Giger for Baron Harkonen in Dune when he was working on the designs for it. I think it's still available from Giger as a special order. There's a table to match and a bigger throne. It's an amazing set.
Thanks for the review and fab pics, I'm even more jealous of the chair than the figure.

One of the greate 1:6 figs IMO. I am not into Aliens by any stretch of the imagination, but this really is an awesome figure.

Hmmm... Kane with a moustache, smacks of the earlier Aliens figures where they had to get around likeness issues. Oh well, with Dallas looking so badass I'll just get both. Dallas will be standing next to Kane with the facehugger.

Has anyone thought about the possiblity of having the great Les create a John Hurt head for the Kane figure since that figure is likely to be much less impressive with a generic head on it?

I have never dealt with Les, but I can obviously see his great work on this forum quite often, and I would jump at the chance to have a correct likeness on my Kane.

Hope there's no problems getting the other actors likenesses. That would suck!

Hmmm... Kane with a moustache, smacks of the earlier Aliens figures where they had to get around likeness issues. Oh well, with Dallas looking so badass I'll just get both. Dallas will be standing next to Kane with the facehugger.

If it's like the other figures it won't be sculpted on, just painted. Easily fixable. Especially since the flesh color is molded plastic and not painted. Could use acetone.

Here's what makes me fear for Kane:

Kanesface.jpg

Moustache?

Anyway, I bet we all use the facehugger face anyway, so... da hell wit him!

On the contrary, if he looks like that I would be very happy, since a mustache is easy to paint over. I'm hoping it'll be just like the Drake figure, which had a pretty good sculpt (if not quite up to today's HT figures) under the paint.

"Depending on the fluctuation of the monetary exchange rates, the approximate price of the Harkonnen Chair $15,000 plus the cost of shipping."

:google

And I was starting to think about how nice the table and chair set would look in my dining room.

Never mind.

If it's like the other figures it won't be sculpted on, just painted. Easily fixable. Especially since the flesh color is molded plastic and not painted. Could use acetone.

That's kind of what I'm thinking... the head (if an easy fix) could be a converted into a exploding chest version :rock

I agree iCruise, if we get that Kane headsculpt with the mustache, i'm happy.
As for headsculpts, Les is the master but he is extremely busy. Some of us clubbed together and got a Bishop headsculpt from Ada Chan and that turned out great. Either way we can get it sorted out.

Downside is the mustache will probably show on the great box artwork.

Back