HT Captain Dallas (mini review + pic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do! ;)

I need a bigger place though. Running out of room to display them properly.

What? How'd you do that?

Great news, I can't wait for one of our own to get this figure and clue us in and confirm what lordmaster has shown us.

Simple. I'm having it sent to me by someone who is a Hot Toys-store member. ;)

I'll try to take pix of angles that lordmaster hasn't covered, but he did such a great job already.....

Lucky dog, Facebox...

I wonder when Cornerstorecomics will have theirs.

Anybody have any idea on the U.S. street date for Dallas? I have never dealt with Cornerstore before, so I am anxious to get this figure.

So will they being using the first Kane face hugger sculpt? I thought that was a stand-in as well... especially considering it was the same one used in a previous bust.

This figure looks incredible in those pics, possibly figure of the year material :banana

Yeah, the sculpt on Dallas looks dead-on, and the suit details and everything... plus the light-up additions really knock this one into the next level.

Not sure if this will get the support in votes like Batman/Joker will, but it is shaping up to get my vote for sure.

well worth reposting this...

Packing: The outer box jacket looks like a helmet with the visor area being cut out. When you slide open the box jacket , you are like taking the helmet off Dallas. A very interesting design.

Figure: Unlike the construction of aliens , Dallas does have a normal human body underneth the space suit. The suit is divided into pieces for the ease of being worn. The suit material feels softer than those used for aliens.

Articulation: It basically mimics the same way the "real" suit restricting the movement of the wearer. Shoulder armour will get in the way if you want to raise the arm vertically. The elbows can be bent to about 80 degree. Knees can be bent to about 90 degree. However the hip joints forth and back movement are restricted by the suit , where the side movement are fine. The ankle joint can help maintaining a steady pose.

Head Sculpt: Great likeness of Dallas . Almost the same as the sample.

Accessories: LED lighting units for helmet and back pack are all self contained. I wise they have done the same thing to the hand held flash light. Claps are functional and are made out of matel. Bendable main air hose with wire inside allows maintaing a realistic hanging shape of the hose.

Paint Job: Great head sculpt is matched with excellent paint job. All the colthing have shadow and highlights giving a very realistic 3D effect. Armours , helmets and backpacks are painted to look like rusted copper. There is a complex and subtle wheathering effect on all the painted surface. It is hard to believe a mass produced item will have this level of paint application.

Display Base: The base looks like a breakfast egg holder . Well that is exactlly what it is, an egg holder. The egg is actually from the Aliens snap kit , which is in fact a AVP version egg. The Alien version egg should be bigger in size and with a different shape and colour. This is the only disappointment from this set. Well, I guess a custom Alien egg would not be very hard to make.

Any company will be willing to chip in the hype of producing an alien toy . But for not so popular side cast like Dallas and Kane, not many companies will take the chance . These for sure will be the rarity among the Alien collection universe.

2775249632_3ef318f53c_o.jpg

2774396357_31f58d401d_o.jpg

2778138061_0829ab9b54_o.jpg

2778994502_9a047e9d12_o.jpg

2778994310_be34cef234_o.jpg

2778994380_f84f7f6dd3_o.jpg

2778138299_72c2a008d7_o.jpg

2778138161_8664de972f_o.jpg

I'm not even upset about the suit not being cloth anymore. I think that probably wouldn't have been feasible. I'm just slightly concerned about longevity with the rubber/PVC suit.

Yeah, the sculpt on Dallas looks dead-on, and the suit details and everything... plus the light-up additions really knock this one into the next level.

Not sure if this will get the support in votes like Batman/Joker will, but it is shaping up to get my vote for sure.

If ALIEN had been released this summer instead of in 1979 it would. Hype plays a big part in the popularity of the Batman/Joker figures. Not that they aren't great looking in their own right. And I think if ALIEN was released as a brand new movie this year, it would make a killing.

What amazes me is how little Alien has dated. Thirty years old next year and people still talk and talk about it.

The Dallas figure is just amazing. People say how much they want to see a figure of the Alien...which is fine, but there's been loads of Aliens, and this is the first of Dallas (apart from a cancelled 4 inch figure in '79 by Kenner). Really looking forward to seeing the Kane figure.

:chew

Back