Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Howes_Sculptor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello All!

Thought I'd prepare a thread to showcase my menagerie of custom projects.

LINKS TO COMMISSIONS:

Summer Glau/Cameron Terminator:SCC custom head interest

Maximus Gladiator Armor and Battle Cry Head

Lord Vicious commissioned Maximus shoulder piece

Doctor Who sculpts

Doctor Who K-9 commission

Milla Jovovich head commission

Ghostbusters- First page where I take over as sculptor

Jason Lee/Earl and Ethan Supree/Randy My Name is Earl

The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set

LOST- Sawyer Commission

Dark Knight Headsculpts from C. Howes- Alfred, Dent, Gordon, Fox

2 Dark Knight Jokers and Bruce Wayne

Lt. Gorman from Aliens

Hugh Laurie, House by Howes :D

Keifer Sutherland "David" from Lost Boys -Vamp version

KIRK! SPOCK! McCOY!

Jack Nicholson from "The Shining"

Movie FX Great, Stan Winston

Booth and Bones

Sawyer from "Lost"

Before you declare me a mad man ( that point is debatable ), be aware these are spread over time.... Some are done, some underway, some will be coming in the next round. Some haven't even made minimum number of committed people yet. Sheesh! You think I'm Super Sculptor or something!?!

To calm the fears of the few folks who have expressed doubts.... Keep in mind that this is what I do for a living.

Come this April I will have been doing this for 20 years. 20 years. I can hardly believe it myself. I'm not an accountant or grocer or mechanic ( all honorable professions!) who comes home at night to dabble at sculpting. I've been doing this all day, every day, often for 12 hours or more, for my entire adult life. You have seen my work without knowing it..... it's EVERYWHERE. In the words of Peter Venkman, "Back off, man, I'm a professional!" :D:D:D

I can spend my time working for big impersonal cynical companies that only worry about the bottom line rather than quality and content, or I can spend it working for you, the people who actually have passion for all of this!! It's a no brainer. I'm very grateful for and surprised about the wonderful reception I've had in the custom world. Thank you, it's really quite touching. I pledge to do my utmost to bring you the best quality work I possibly can. I want to make your ultimate figures reality!

So, visit those projects you are interested in and sign up! And let me know if there is that certain figure you just can't live without....

Here's a photo of one of my more popular heads..... "Licky Joker".

Thanks to Kuato for the amazing paint app!

licky-new.jpg

Check back soon for more!

Last edited:
I was going to ask you to make a thread like this... I'm interested in several of your projects and it's been difficult to keep track of what you're working on when so I can better know what to purchase when.

Plus it's just going to be great to see all your work together.

Chris, have you thought about doing a Hugh Laurie as House? There seems to have been some interested in a great headsculpt of him in the past and I'm sure there still is. I know I'd be interested.

Chris & I have started a commission about the 1/6 head for LT. Gorman Normal version/battle damaged version
(just a bandage around the same head)

:google Holy Cow Chris! Thats alot of commissions haha, alot of lucky people here are gonna get their most desired sculpts. :chew

:google Holy Cow Chris! Thats alot of commissions haha, alot of lucky people here are gonna get their most desired sculpts. :chew

That IS a lot! Chris is like a machine!

Can't wait to see pics of this stuff...particularly of Gorman and Ghostbusters.

You should have seen what we used to pump out when I had a stable of sculptors working for me. I had to oversee all the projects at once plus had my own to work on! This is chicken feed. :D

I'll be clearing these out from now to over the holidays (at least that's my plan) and I'll be ready to rack up a bunch of new ones soon!

If I can get my pesky commercial clients to leave me alone for a while, I can actually work through these (the fun stuff!) pretty fast. The problem has been the end of the year rush. All the Chinese factories ( where we are FORCED to manufacture, thank you Walmart:mad:) shut down in late January through mid February for the Chinese New Year so everyone wants their stuff done in time to get it on a ship before the shut down. Plus Toy Fair in NYC is in Feb. and there's a scramble for that as well.

All the Chinese factories ( where we are FORCED to manufacture, thank you Walmart:mad:) shut down in late January through mid February for the Chinese New Year ...

So that explains why Sideshow always has this mass of product shipping around the holidays and then nothing much usually ships in Jan/Feb. Always wondered.

Chris, have you thought about doing a Hugh Laurie as House? There seems to have been some interested in a great headsculpt of him in the past and I'm sure there still is. I know I'd be interested.

If this ever happened, I'd be in for atleast 2 heads!!:monkey5

You, know, my wife, Kim, has mentioned him to me a few times. Seems a slightly unusual choice to me, but if there is a desire for one I'd certainly be up for it. He has a really interesting face.

Though I'd personally rather do a "Jeeves and Wooster" version!:D

You, know, my wife, Kim, has mentioned him to me a few times. Seems a slightly unusual choice to me, but if there is a desire for one I'd certainly be up for it. He has a really interesting face.

Though I'd personally rather do a "Jeeves and Wooster" version!:D

I know there is interest!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36854

Should I start an interest thread with the usual "need 10 to go, 15 for $20?" I'm sure you could offer multiple version of him like the others. I'm sure House would be the most popular but you might get a few Jeeves and Wooster requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back