Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point it doesn't matter whether he intended to rip anyone off or not. Nice guy, bad guy whatever he hasn't lived up to what he committed himself to provide. He took this on as a job whether it's his chosen profession or not it doesn't matter. I use to work as a freelance graphic designer when there was a thing called "paste up" and you actually had to paste;). I ran into many great artists who had very bad business skills who in the end ended up with no work because of those bad skills. Mr. Howes is stupid when it comes to business. Saying, "I'm an artist, not a businessman," should not be used as an excuse.

I'd love to get one of his River Tam sculpts but the guy only filled a couple of those orders. I generally hate recasting, but perhaps someone could do just that to supply heads to those who have been ripped off?

I just sent him a message through his ebay account as well. No excuse on not getting the email this time. I have defended him from time to time, but after multiple PMs, and emails unanswered, it's hard to stay positive.

I'm officially in this boat now as well. Haven't received any e-mails in over a month.

I'd love to get one of his River Tam sculpts but the guy only filled a couple of those orders. I generally hate recasting, but perhaps someone could do just that to supply heads to those who have been ripped off?

I was thinking of casting the house head I have if people wanted it, but I'm not sure.

Sorry, but I think that is the wrong attitude.
More than hurting Howes, making castings of his work will only bring this community into disrepute IMHO.

I agree. As tempting as it is to lash out at him, I don't think that this is the way to go. It'll just make him feel justified in doing what he did and possibly muddy the waters for any kind of legal action. And it's not like the heads were so fantastic anyway.

I was thinking of casting the house head I have if people wanted it, but I'm not sure.

As the commissioner of that sculpt here is what I think you should do. Contact Chris and tell him you will be casting up his House head unless he follows through on his orders here. If he doesn't respond, then go right ahead. If he respondes, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO KEEP IN CONTACT!

I'm still frustrated I haven't gotten my sculpt from him. I've gotten several nice offers from fellow Freaks here to send me one of theirs they got, but it isn't their responsibility. Chris seemed like a great guy. I think he just got in over his head. I really don't know what happened. :(

As the commissioner of that sculpt here is what I think you should do. Contact Chris and tell him you will be casting up his House head unless he follows through on his orders here. If he doesn't respond, then go right ahead. If he respondes, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO KEEP IN CONTACT!

I'm still frustrated I haven't gotten my sculpt from him. I've gotten several nice offers from fellow Freaks here to send me one of theirs they got, but it isn't their responsibility. Chris seemed like a great guy. I think he just got in over his head. I really don't know what happened. :(

That sounds like a good idea to me buttmunch.

I'm going to be modifying the cast as the hair on it is truely HORRIBLE.

if it works out, I will email him telling him to get his arse in gear, or I will pass them on to people still waiting on their sculpt

That sounds like a good idea to me buttmunch.

I'm going to be modifying the cast as the hair on it is truely HORRIBLE.

if it works out, I will email him telling him to get his arse in gear, or I will pass them on to people still waiting on their sculpt

Can't wait to see your modified Howes House mollins :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back