Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't buy anything from him because I don't have the first clue how to kitbash, but considering that he hasn't checked his profile in over a month and his obvious disregard for people who trusted him, he should start a company and name it:

Designs of Unique Chris Howes’ Enterprises

On a serious note, I hope he comes through for you guys.

Here is a Lee Majors Bionic Man head sculpt I just completed.

Interested? PM or email me for details.

6.JPG

3.jpg

2.JPG

:mad: Aww, man! I was thinking of putting a Steve Austin together and was about to post here to ask Chris about getting his sculpt (since his PM box is full), and I see this angry mob with pitchforks and torches! So what happened? He just dropped out of sight and hasn't fulfilled any orders?

Oh well, I guess I'll go with my original plan of using the original 1975 head.

There are other Lee Majors heads out there. Search ebay.
howes is definitely NOT the way to go or your last option.

Heck, I think you can buy the head from him on eBay... and he actually delivers those :lol

But yeah, with zero updates recently I think its safe to assume he burned out with a lot of money.

Heck, I think you can buy the head from him on eBay... and he actually delivers those :lol

But yeah, with zero updates recently I think its safe to assume he burned out with a lot of money.

You're right

Lee's head (painted) made and sold by Howes is on ebay right now for 55 w/ free shipping

lol

The guy has pretty much disappeared, AGAIN, and this time there won't be much any of you can do. Once the money stopped flowing in for new projects, I wondered if he would really follow through. There are still people without House heads! WTF is this idiots problem?

collector49, it sucks what's been happening here. Bad thing is many were laying it heavy on you for the actions you threatened to place on Howe. Even if, at this point, he comes through the fact that he come on here after your post and stated how wrong you were and that things will be fine, it's been too long. The hole is just too deep for him to really crawl out of.

i still had faith that this guy would come through. this morning i woke up and realized that he has well and truly f'ed us in the a. and i shelled out for tons of his projects. to think what i could have done with that money...

anyway, with the amount of money he's extorted from us collectively, i'm wondering if his professional employers know what kind of man he is, or even care. maybe we need to start a website dedicated to ousting him. maybe get a list of people on there of people he's screwed along with how much money. hopefully people will see that when they try and investigate him on the net for prospective jobs.

i can't believe how disappointed i really am that he didn't come through. even if his original intentions weren't so, he's a scammer and a criminal, plain and simple.

Yeah it is really a bad feeling... I was standing up for him for a very long time... People asked me if they could join me in my naiv worl and made fool of me... Well yeah.. Here I am, back in the real world... Very sad... I dont believe his orginal intentions were like this too but nothing justifies this behaviour. I doubt he will ever come through but even if he did there will be noone waiting anymore... I feel kind of sorry for him as I wonder what has to go through peoples mind to do something like this... :(

:mad: Aww, man! I was thinking of putting a Steve Austin together and was about to post here to ask Chris about getting his sculpt (since his PM box is full), and I see this angry mob with pitchforks and torches! So what happened? He just dropped out of sight and hasn't fulfilled any orders?

Oh well, I guess I'll go with my original plan of using the original 1975 head.

get it from bionic-joe on ebay, he's the one who commissioned the sculpt from Howes in the first place.

Bionic joe is a low life recaster and no one should ever buy anything from him.

I don't know man...He commissioned that sculpt, you send him the money for it & you get the head. On time & a nice cast.

there are more low lifes in the 1/6 community these days than just the ones labled as recasters.

I don't know man...He commissioned that sculpt, you send him the money for it & you get the head. On time & a nice cast.

there are more low lifes in the 1/6 community these days than just the ones labled as recasters.

Maybe you would think differently if he ripped off your head sculpt off and recasted it like he did mine. I even blocked the losers Ebay ID and he still found a way to get his grubby hands on one. I even appealed to him as a fellow collector to stop recasting my commission but he just ignored me. You just have to look at his ebay page to see all the people he has ripped off. If getting a good cast (questionable) and on time is your only criteria for doing business with him, then that's your choice. My choice is to label him as he is anytime I see someone recommend him.

Thank you Gekko for the wealth of information. I think he is right about strength in numbers. I sent a message to Chris through his eBay account a few minutes ago. I will be very suprised if he answers me. I, like lots of other board members here, paid him for work that he has not sent to me yet. I paid him many months ago for an unpainted Lt. Gorman from ALIENS head sculpt. I have not heard anything from him at all about it. Anything. I have sent him PMs here and many e-mails. No response. He is a very talented guy. But something has to be done about all of this. I think it is time to take some action. Just my humble opinion. What do you others out there think?

I just sent him a message through his ebay account as well. No excuse on not getting the email this time. I have defended him from time to time, but after multiple PMs, and emails unanswered, it's hard to stay positive.

Maybe you would think differently if he ripped off your head sculpt off and recasted it like he did mine. I even blocked the losers Ebay ID and he still found a way to get his grubby hands on one. I even appealed to him as a fellow collector to stop recasting my commission but he just ignored me. You just have to look at his ebay page to see all the people he has ripped off. If getting a good cast (questionable) and on time is your only criteria for doing business with him, then that's your choice. My choice is to label him as he is anytime I see someone recommend him.

I didn't know you sculpted.

As for my business practices, they only have to make sense for me. Trust me, they are always well-informed and fair. I never go by what the Moral Police preach on the 1:6 boards because the majority of the time they are misinformed and/or misleading. If I did listen, Chris Howes would be sitting on a mountain of my cash & I'd have a shelf full of headless figures right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back