Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... Slave Leia anyone?
If you want, since we're talking about using Evalution body, due in summer, we can start talking about starting her early next year, Jan. or Feb.

You might want to start thinking about that bikini! might need to be sculpted, but we would need the body first...

Is there a decent 1/6 Jaba out there?

If you want, since we're talking about using Evalution body, due in summer, we can start talking about starting her early next year, Jan. or Feb.

Yeah we have time; it will take a bit fir you to get through your current workload. I also still have that Johnny Depp project to discuss with you then. ;)

You might want to start thinking about that bikini! might need to be sculpted, but we would need the body first...

That is a sticking point. The bikini top from the Hasbro figure is not bad, but creating one from scratch would probabky be even better (and would be cake compared with the Maximus project)....

Is there a decent 1/6 Jabba out there?

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15314

You can see why I want a better slave Leia....

Yeah, SS's Jabba is pretty sweet. But, because it's emmensely fun, if we're talking unusual but cool things to do someday, a 1:6 "Howling" modern-type werewolf would be absolutely amazing and would compliment so many series I think it would sell like wild fire. No ones ever done it. That would be spectacular. Put a soundchip in that? Bada-bing!

Or going for Star Wars aliens you KNOW Sideshow will never do that would also require a full body treatment like a Hammerhead (or "Ithorian" to the nerds)? SWEEEEET! :banana:banana:banana

Hey Chris,
I don't know if you got my mail or not, but I was thinking about starting a commission thread on SSF, MWD and Fantasy.net for the original Star Trek threesome. I was thinking Spock, Kirk and McCoy from the series, not the older movie versions. I think it's a commission that might work. So, before posting that, I wanted to know if you'd be intersting in sculpting them, and if so, how much you would like to charge.
Let me know if you're interested!

Hey Chris,
I don't know if you got my mail or not, but I was thinking about starting a commission thread on SSF, MWD and Fantasy.net for the original Star Trek threesome. I was thinking Spock, Kirk and McCoy from the series, not the older movie versions. I think it's a commission that might work. So, before posting that, I wanted to know if you'd be intersting in sculpting them, and if so, how much you would like to charge.
Let me know if you're interested!

Check your email, please.

Hey Everyone!

We've now have like 5 or 6 people who want this head for Gorman.

I'm very excited for this commission!

The "Poppies" Toy Awards

I'm honored that I've been asked to be a judge along with other folks in the Toy industry for the "Poppies", awards for the best collectibles of 2008 at Captain Toy's toy and collectible review site, MWCToys.com

Here are Last Years Winners. And here are Last Year's Judges.

Prior to voting I get to nominate deserving companies and product in the various categories for consideration. If you have any ideas for nominations, please bring them to my attention so I can nominate them.

Judging will take place in January. It's going to be a lot of fun!

Pulp Magazines

Thought I'd share a gem I just found while digging through boxes in the garage...

This is an extremely important image in my early artistic development. My Father collected SciFi and Fantasy Pulp magazines during the 1930's and 1940's like Amazing Stories, Weird Tales and Fantastic Adventures. These were printed on cheap "pulp" paper which was very acidic. Consequently they are slowly self destructing, some even crumbling to dust at the slightest touch. But I have a few left.....
Fish-Man3.jpg

This cover of Fantastic Adventures from 1941 caught my attention when I was very very young, perhaps 3 or 4 years old. It started an early obsession I had with "Fish-Man" as I called him. The Creature From The Black Lagoon later became my hero!

If you aren't familiar with the age of the Pulps take a look at this Picasa Gallery. It's an Amazing collection of Astoundingly Fantastic and Weird imagery. :D I would love to sculpt images from these covers sometime.

Re: Pulp Magazines

Thought I'd share a gem I just found while digging through boxes in the garage...

This is an extremely important image in my early artistic development. My Father collected SciFi and Fantasy Pulp magazines during the 1930's and 1940's like Amazing Stories, Weird Tales and Fantastic Adventures. These were printed on cheap "pulp" paper which was very acidic. Consequently they are slowly self destructing, some even crumbling to dust at the slightest touch. But I have a few left.....
Fish-Man3.jpg

This cover of Fantastic Adventures from 1941 caught my attention when I was very very young, perhaps 3 or 4 years old. It started an early obsession I had with "Fish-Man" as I called him. The Creature From The Black Lagoon later became my hero!

If you aren't familiar with the age of the Pulps take a look at this Picasa Gallery. It's an Amazing collection of Astoundingly Fantastic and Weird imagery. :D I would love to sculpt images from these covers sometime.

VERY cool stuff, thanks for sharing!
-Rick :)

Chris,

would it be possible to see pics of all the heads you already have completed - somehow only could find pics of your joker (which is fantastic!) - any other heads you have already completed ?

Chris,

would it be possible to see pics of all the heads you already have completed - somehow only could find pics of your joker (which is fantastic!) - any other heads you have already completed ?

Just to get things started, here's a montage of all of Chris' Dark Knight heads to date:

CHowes.gif

Just to get things started, here's a montage of all of Chris' Dark Knight heads to date:

CHowes.gif

I need to find my Tony Stark.... and Mad Max.... and Arnold, and Kareem Abdul Jabar, and Bob Wall and John Saxon (Enter The Dragon), and first Superman, Kirk Alyn, and Lois Lane, Noel Neill, and Gwen Stefani, and ,and...........:google

Hey, quick questions for everybody and anybody...... Would anyone here want to buy a Lee Majors Bionic Man head sculpt at $35.00 each? It was a private commission which I'm trying to convince my client I could sell a few copies of. Wow, my sentence structure is really poor. :rolleyes:

I might be interested in a Lee Majors... I've always loved the original figures, but having a kickass 1/6 would be cool.

BTW, sent a PM on a commission idea :rock

So, a question: is there any way we could get a rough timeline of which projects you think you're going to have finished when, or a generalized order of completion? I'm interested in several of your projects, enough that I can't send a lump sum for all of them at once; I'd like to know what I should pay for first.

I'd hate to send a payment for something that's not going to be done for a couple of months and miss the pre-cast on something you're going to do in a couple of weeks....

I would be interested in a Lee as well. Btw whatever happend to Alfred????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back