Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem is the body armor though. Not exactly easy to find or make. That is the only thing holding me back.

My friend I read almost every post from you and other people join this site( whom like super heroes like me), I know we can make one real good, we have Chris Howes on our side, I understand maybe this take time, please we need try this, I saw other people made other like MAXIMUS looks FANTASTIC, our other Marvel 1:6 need this real PUNISHER:WAR ZONE Ray Stvenson.:joy

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm glad you like him! I've made a few refinements since those photos and baked him to finalize. I think he looks better now. He's under rubber tonight, so the mold will be ready tomorrow evening for those who want a casting.

(Standard $35.00 + $5.00 shipping for unpainted, BTW)

On a very strange side note..... I have to laugh every time someone says "You the Man" to me..... The first time I recall hearing that phrase was when the pro wrestler, Ric Flair, said it to me as I handed over a sculpture of him I did for a company called Play by Play in front of a crowd at the international convention for the IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) in Atlanta, GA in 1999 while Jim Davis, creator of cartoon cat, "Garfield", stood next to us looking bored as hell. I'm serious. :horror That's the same event at which I introduced my Austin Powers product that you can see on my website.

One of the more surreal moments of my life. Definitely about a 500 on the wierd-****-o meter. :D

So, let me say to you die, YOU THE MAN!!

YES!!! Chris, YOU THE MAN!!!:mexwave

I think he means this...

2008_punisher_war_zone_004.jpg

YES!!!:inlove

Yep, what BV just posted. Not exactly something you come across in the 1:6 world.

I saw some people made other hard like the Joker J. Nicholson with Batman M. Keaton 1989, this looks easy, my friend we can try?:banana

This be perfect!!! from this picture we can start.

This be perfect!!! from this picture we can start.

I'll tell you what we can do. Because I need to get through some of the schedule first, we will wait a couple of weeks then we will start an interest thread to see how many people we can sign up. I bet we can get enough for the head alone. Then if we can get enough interest we can look into making the body armor.

But, like I said, I need to clear some space in the schedule first so we can give this the attention it deserves. :D

I'll tell you what we can do. Because I need to get through some of the schedule first, we will wait a couple of weeks then we will start an interest thread to see how many people we can sign up. I bet we can get enough for the head alone. Then if we can get enough interest we can look into making the body armor.

But, like I said, I need to clear some space in the schedule first so we can give this the attention it deserves. :D

ok!!:banana

The one with the bionic eye you could look through?

Yep! I had them all Oscar Goldman, Bigfoot, and Mask a tron? I think thats how you spell it.

My favorite assesories for steve was all the interchangeable arms!

Ok, thats it I'll have to get that head and start my own custom Six Million Dollar man!:banana

:naughty
Yep! I had them all Oscar Goldman, Bigfoot, and Mask a tron? I think thats how you spell it.

My favorite assesories for steve was all the interchangeable arms!

Ok, thats it I'll have to get that head and start my own custom Six Million Dollar man!:banana

Me too!!

I have that one made from Kenner...when I saw the you made I take my from my old memories box, yours looks 100% better:D

Back in those days, Kenner standards were not very high. My first employer in this business was head of sculpting at Kenner during this time, so he likely was responsible! Now it's come full circle, eh? :rolleyes:

Kenner has played a huge role in my life. My Parents met while working there, my first boss came from there, I did lots of work for them during the first 1/2 of my career....... It's so sad Hasbro closed them and threw away the name....:mad:

On a very strange side note..... I have to laugh every time someone says "You the Man" to me..... The first time I recall hearing that phrase was when the pro wrestler, Ric Flair, said it to me as I handed over a sculpture of him I did for a company called Play by Play in front of a crowd at the international convention for the IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) in Atlanta, GA in 1999 while Jim Davis, creator of cartoon cat, "Garfield", stood next to us looking bored as hell. I'm serious. :horror That's the same event at which I introduced my Austin Powers product that you can see on my website.

One of the more surreal moments of my life. Definitely about a 500 on the wierd-****-o meter. :D

So, let me say to you die, YOU THE MAN!!

Well, Ric Flair always said "To be The Man, Woooooooo! you gotta beat The Man."

Since Flair says that you're The Man, I'd have to beat you to be the man and I can't:lol

I'm always glad to see there are still some Six Million Dollar Man fans out there!

Kenner has played a huge role in my life. My Parents met while working there, my first boss came from there, I did lots of work for them during the first 1/2 of my career....... It's so sad Hasbro closed them and threw away the name....:mad:

It's so funny you say that... I was just thinking in the last day or so how much I miss seeing the Kenner name on toy shelves. :(
The best things Hasbro makes to this day are the things that are kind of a continuation of the "Kenner style". Hasbro has been impressing me less and less of late, I really do miss Kenner. It seems like what "Kenner-ness" Hasbro has retained is slowly going away, being squeezed out. Hearing that you come from the "Kenner Bloodline" makes me all the more impressed with you. :D

It's so funny you say that... I was just thinking in the last day or so how much I miss seeing the Kenner name on toy shelves. :(
The best things Hasbro makes to this day are the things that are kind of a continuation of the "Kenner style". Hasbro has been impressing me less and less of late, I really do miss Kenner. It seems like what "Kenner-ness" Hasbro has retained is slowly going away, being squeezed out. Hearing that you come from the "Kenner Bloodline" makes me all the more impressed with you. :D

There was a Kenner culture. Now it's gone forever. Kenner was a class operation, not always the best, but consistently good and innovative.

Hasbro hasn't been good stewards of the Kenner brands. Take Easy-Bake Oven, for example. That was my Father's invention. He designed it to use an incandescent light bulb as the heat source. It was a great design that was very safe and lasted for 40 years. Then for some unknown reason, some "genius" at Hasbro decided to redesign the Easy-Bake by replacing the light bulb with a ceramic heating element... the result? Children with serious burns and a bunch of lawsuits. What the hell? Why on Earth did they try to fix something that wasn't broken? Now they've damaged the reputation of one of the most successful toys of all time, cost themselves potentially millions of dollars, only to return to the original 1964 design.

And Star Wars, well, I'll leave that up to you. They transfered all sculpting to China except for Star Wars a few years back. I don't know if they've had to switch back to US sculptors or not yet.

Sorry for ranting, but it's a subject close to my heart.

PM sent on the Lee Majors sculpt Chris!

I was wondering if you had in mind to sculpt the bionic components as well? Either as modules that could fit into carved out areas on a figures arms and legs, or perhaps the right arm and legs with the bionic features ..along the lines of the "critical assignment" arm/legs Kenner made. I guess the latter would be a bit hard, seeing as there are so many body types and you would have to make arms/legs for a specific body type. Anyhow, it would be a nice touch to really make an ultimate 1/6 Steve Austin figure, even with just the modules that could be slotted into the limbs.

Thanks for the insight to Kenner as well. My sister had the Easy Bake Oven back in the 70's. Great to know it was your father's invention and hope he made a mint from that one! :)

PM sent on the Lee Majors sculpt Chris!

I was wondering if you had in mind to sculpt the bionic components as well? Either as modules that could fit into carved out areas on a figures arms and legs, or perhaps the right arm and legs with the bionic features ..along the lines of the "critical assignment" arm/legs Kenner made. I guess the latter would be a bit hard, seeing as there are so many body types and you would have to make arms/legs for a specific body type. Anyhow, it would be a nice touch to really make an ultimate 1/6 Steve Austin figure, even with just the modules that could be slotted into the limbs.

Thanks for the insight to Kenner as well. My sister had the Easy Bake Oven back in the 70's. Great to know it was your father's invention and hope he made a mint from that one! :)

I hadn't thought about the bionic components..... I wonder if enough folks would want them? One thing I had thought about, just for fun, was to drill a hole through the head and out the eye, add a small lens assembly to give him a "bionic eye" like the old figure! Not sure how successful that would be, but it would be fun! :D

I posted this over in the Stan Winston thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too.

This is my Jurassic Park II: The Lost World T-Rex model kit from Revell. I finally put one together a few weeks back after I found it in my garage under a pile of other old stuff. Note that I modified his tongue so it sticks up more than in the standard kit. That's how I wanted it originally, but the boys at Revell thought it looked lewd... :D

revellJP2.jpg

Here is a painted version by a PhillipMarlowe at Hobby Talk Forum. He has wisely ditched the base. I had a nice rocky base, but Revell wanted the crappy looking crushed vehicle they ended up with:

trex.JPG

I thought while I was sharing, I'd show off my TV Star Garden Gnome!

Anyone who is a fan of the TV show, 3rd Rock from the Sun will likely be familiar with the ax wielding Garden Gnome that lives in the Solomon's apartment..... I sculpted him along with a number of other gnomes, all with different garden equipment, rather early in my career for a company called ArtLine. I found it a bit ridiculous at the time, so, to amuse myself, I put a crazy look in the eyes of the gnome with the ax. I imagined that he had had enough abuse from the others and was about to exact his revenge. :google I suppose that's why the prop master chose to add him to the set. Here he is in all his glory!

Gnome1.jpg

Gnome2.jpg

Gnome3.jpg

Gnome4.jpg

Gnome5.jpg

In an odd coincidence, I was told that someone from the show 30 Rock bought my Amanda Lepore Celebriduck . Perhaps that will make an appearance on another TV show with "Rock" in the title?

Last edited:
I posted this over in the Stan Winston thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too.

This is my Jurassic Park II: The Lost World T-Rex model kit from Revell. I finally put one together a few weeks back after I found it in my garage under a pile of other old stuff. Note that I modified his tongue so it sticks up more than in the standard kit. That's how I wanted it originally, but the boys at Revell thought it looked lewd... :D

revellJP2.jpg

Here is a painted version by a PhillipMarlowe at Hobby Talk Forum. He has wisely ditched the base. I had a nice rocky base, but Revell wanted the crappy looking crushed vehicle they ended up with:

trex.JPG

Man, thats gorgeous, Chris! Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back