1/6 MOTU, Juggernaut, Rulk, Apocalypse & 18" Warbuster.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CB's custom bits.

^ I'm actually sad that's the case - I was going to get the dc fig just for the armour, and was hoping that was it in your pic as it looked so good. Maybe I'll still get it and try your painting technique and hope for as good a result.

Whoa! You do amazing work! I'm ashamed to say I just came across your thread, I have no idea how I've missed it. I know it's on your first page and all, but that guyver figure is crazy awesome.

Whoa! You do amazing work! I'm ashamed to say I just came across your thread, I have no idea how I've missed it. I know it's on your first page and all, but that guyver figure is crazy awesome.

Thank you :)

I looove! Seb's amazing WIP Swamp Thing so i had to have a play as well.

Re: CB's bits: Deadpool and Swamp Thing.

Thanks GB :)

I resculpted a head i had after lopping off the the ears, half of the nose and as much of the neck as possible.

The body is a DCD DR Manhatten i had laying about and the hands are from a HT's pred.

I lopped the feet off used paperclips cut into metal rods and inserted them into the stump then formed milliputt around it so i had a hard base. Then i used my hot glue gun and layered on hot glue bit by bit to form the tree stump feet.

I then hot glued on the sculpted head and sculpted the neck area so it all merged.

I spent several hours sculpting extra muscle, lumps bumps, roots etc onto the body and then started adding Reindeer Moss here and there using hot glue again to secure it.

After that it got several coats of different greens and brown paint.

I then went back and added more moss and then another coat of paint before the more detailed painting.

I still need to do a bit more painting on him but he's pretty much finished. I also want to do a custom base so it looks like he's forming out of the ground.

Last edited:

Killer man... A great DIY figure. And perhaps an entry into the under $100 thread?

Killer man... A great DIY figure. And perhaps an entry into the under $100 thread?

I didn't know there was such a thread :lol a fair few of my figs cost less than $100 including my 40k space marines which cost about $70 each since it was a joint project with Dorgs.

Last edited:

My 2 finished Deadpools using the beautiful Tonymeis bodysuits, ashkanls heads, teleport harness,belt buckles and Corrose base decals.

Last edited:
Re: CB's bits: McQuarrie Stormtroopers.

holy crap c-bob...........those mcquarrie helmets are awesome. looks like your using a clone base body with some custom armor bits?..........too cool...........:clap

Wow, the McQuarrie Stormtroopers are really nice. Looking forward to see it painted up

Thanks guys :)

holy crap c-bob...........those mcquarrie helmets are awesome. looks like your using a clone base body with some custom armor bits?..........too cool...........:clap

Yeah i recast a load of bits and trimmed the bells but all the clone armour is original.

Back