Captain America 4 New World Order - May 3, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season 1 with Joel Kinnaman was fantastic but Season 2 with Mackie was just... not good...
Kinnaman and Mackie should do a Freaky Friday remake. They are complete opposites. Every time I see Kinnaman he just looks so bored, like he would rather be at the pub.

Is there a proper thread for this movie with the accurate title? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Doesn't matter...they'll probably change the title again to:
1) Captain America 4 - Look, We Couldn't Get Chris Evans Back, OK?
to
2) Captain America 4 - If You Don't Watch this Groundbreaking Movie It Proves You Are a 'Cist
to
3) Captain America 4 - PPPPPPLLLLEEEEZ See This Movie Our Stock is Tanking
to
4) Captain America - We Caved and Paid RDJ 9 Million For a Cameo

(I am so glad I own 2 Falcon Hts and the Iron Studios statue. Before the Dark Times....:monkey3:monkey2)

Never heard of this.

Rebel Moon has beaten it.
They don't WANT people to hear about it. I'd forgotten about it but tripped over trash YT vids - but there's no good buzz.

Reshoots, delays, supposed lousy action scenes or total rewrites or no script at all...rumors that test audiences walked out it was so bad...

I expected no better as the showrunner is the same who output the leaden TFWS and arguably the worst speech in media history. Disney doesn't learn.

The end of TF&WS was like opening a Christmas present and instead of a gift inside there's a snarky note telling you that you should be thankful for what you already have.

Had it been a Falcon movie I would have been excited. Loved the character pre TF&WS, after that show I am apathetic. The show was naff and turning Falcon into cap feels like they turned him into a knock off rather than allow him to be his own character.
A HUGE missed opportunity to have a really fun, action filled, romp picking up on the dynamics of Civil War and the infamous "move your seat" thing....

Instead looks like Deadpool/Wolverine will be closer to that dynamic and/or I hafta sit around for Thunderbolt which on the face of it, has potential (including the scene stealing Florence Pugh).

I've ranted enough in the TFWS thread about that; but it's awe-inspiring that there are all these articles about the "fall of Hollywood" as though it were a mystery why box offices are tanking.

BAD SCRIPTS. BAD DIRECTING AND EDITING. BAD CGI. BORING THE AUDIENCE WITH MESSAGING INSTEAD OF TELLING A COMPELLING STORY. It's not complicated. How hard is it to understand people don't want to pay theater ticket/IMAX prices for B and C level films.

Will the Falcon lecture us again how racist we are? This movie will blow. If not, Ill be the first to make amends but I have little hopes. Not going to see this in the theatre though.

Will the Falcon lecture us again how racist we are? This movie will blow. If not, Ill be the first to make amends but I have little hopes. Not going to see this in the theatre though.
Oh no, Disney has learned their lesson, no race baiting this round, just a speech about how respecting pronouns is the true American way.

Falcon: Racists are P'sOS

Onlooker: Is he calling me a POS?

Falcon: Racists are P'sOS

Onlooker: Is he calling me a POS?
i think folk were complaining that he sympathised with a terrorist bomber, carrying her like an angel carrying a saint then lectured the people she was attacking with a message the audience doesn't need to hear since everyone already knows racism is bad. Murderer vs general a-holes?? Nu cap has a wonky moral compass

People can do some pretty awful things when they feel they have no other choice. Doesn't justify those things of course and the ends don't always justify the means, but the world ain't so black and white as goodies vs baddies.

Killmonger had a point, Thanos did...I'm sure even Ultron did a teeny weeny bit. All still bad guys though, it makes them more interesting. What needs to happen is backing that up with good writing.

People can do some pretty awful things when they feel they have no other choice. Doesn't justify those things of course and the ends don't always justify the means, but the world ain't so black and white as goodies vs baddies.

Killmonger had a point, Thanos did...I'm sure even Ultron did a teeny weeny bit. All still bad guys though, it makes them more interesting. What needs to happen is backing that up with good writing.
The show wanted to set up the murderer as a misunderstood victim.

In real life, some murderers have been things such as policemen, firefighters, doctors etc. Some had points to make or legitimate grievances, some saved more lives than they took, but once you willingly cross the line saying "hey, judge, I was made homeless by a policy, couldn't find a job, my aunt died" and the judge respond with "oh, you are the real victim here, hey, you guys he tried to stab, you need to do better!".

The modern world with the ideologies of today have demoralised people (such as the writers on TFWS) to the point that they can't see who is a bad guy in a situation

The show wanted to set up the murderer as a misunderstood victim.

In real life, some murderers have been things such as policemen, firefighters, doctors etc. Some had points to make or legitimate grievances, some saved more lives than they took, but once you willingly cross the line saying "hey, judge, I was made homeless by a policy, couldn't find a job, my aunt died" and the judge respond with "oh, you are the real victim here, hey, you guys he tried to stab, you need to do better!".

The modern world with the ideologies of today have demoralised people (such as the writers on TFWS) to the point that they can't see who is a bad guy in a situation
He was addressing politicans and world leaders though wasn't he, 2 of which were POC women. People who have the power to affect millions of people's lives, not some random dudes off the street.

He was addressing politicans and world leaders though wasn't he, 2 of which were POC women. People who have the power to affect millions of people's lives, not some random dudes off the street.
yes... in a silly scene where he just carried a mass murderer down with angel wings like she was a holy martyr. When the content of what he said, the way the scene was staged and shot are combined with everything that came before in the show, something some refer to as a subtext forms, one directed at the audience. If it were Deadpool he would at least have looked at the camera and winked. You could say it was a dog whistle. People hate that.

Again, it was done badly, but framing the bad guy as being misunderstood is nothing new.

Woke Feige: Fat Red Hulk and Captain Token, That wil put some butts in the seats.

Back