Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been waiting for this dio since this line was announced. I can´t wait to see the first preview pics.

Now this makes the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it !

As a Maul focus man... I am elated. :maul

Needs all three to be perfect... I think a hangar bay scene would be just right.

Flex pay please... :monkey3

I can't wait to see pics...
Just as the Jabba with throne is the centre of my 1/6 SW collection the vs. dio of Obi vs. Anakin gets as much (if not more attention) as it's just so appealing visually. This is a great line.:maul

I am pleased with how this line is developing. Personally, I'd like to see it focus more on dramatic moments such as the 3 vs. dioramas or branch out into more dynamic displays. The Space Slug and Look Sir, Droids, while beautifully crafted, don't offer the type of impact more dynamic and drama based pieces will offer. I'd love to see a Wampa dio, even if Luke isn't included, but I'd want a strong ammount of the ice cave environment present to really add visual impact to the piece. Wampa with a little ice and snow wouldn't be too "wow", but an elaborate cave with a ferocious looking Wampa would turn some heads.

I know it's kinda redundant right now, since the Duel of the Fates was just announced, but I really look forward to a scene of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan standing in front of the doors on the Trade Federation ship, fending off fire from Droidekas. Applause did it, but they also did a Duel of the Fates as well. Probably never happen, but I'd love to see SS tackle that one!

While I believe this could be the best PT diorama yet, I'm ready for an OT vs. diorama instead of the slug and sandtroopers.

I'm not familiar with the Duel of Fates scene, but do you guys think perhaps Sideshow will add some droids body parts on the base?

I'm not familiar with the Duel of Fates scene, but do you guys think perhaps Sideshow will add some droids body parts on the base?

If the environment is built to be the Theed hangar where the duel starts, and if environment of the dio is basically a floor piece, then I think some pieces of
destroyed droids are essential. I think it would look a little cheesy but when I first heard about this dio, one idea that came to mind would be the moment where Maul draws his saber at ready and flings the droid torso into the generator doors, he looked so badass at that moment, but I don't want them in a ready stance, I'd rather them locked in combat. Ani-Obi is a great piece without sabers clashing because it captures the mood of that duel. DOTF was about 3 combatants just going at it and I want to see that energy in the dio.

The Dooku diorama really surprised me just on the fact of how well done it was. I've never owned a diorama, but depending on how this one looks, that could change.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what it looks like. And, if Trevor sculpted it, I am sure it will turn out excellent.

Last edited:
this will probably be kick ass , but expect to pay $$$

this will probably be kick ass , but expect to pay $$$

Right on both points, and I will happily pay whatever the cost. The very idea of a Maul based dio as awesome as the Obi-Ani piece is just so exciting. Dooku-Yoda looks good too, but haven't seen it in person so doesn't affect my imagination as much.

Back