Enterbay HD-1002 Enter the Dragon full 1/4 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoops. i posted pics in the official bruce lee thread not realizing there is a dedicated thread on this statue. anyway...

i'm a newcomer to bruce collectibles, since i refused to pay the ridiculously inflated prices for the 1/6 figures. so the pricing for this is all the more amazing and satisfying.

the seam lines are way too obvious, and will take some strategic posing to minimise them.

i'm also not thrilled about the silly "laser engraved" enterbay logo. it should've been his name in chinese characters engraved into the wooden base.

other than that, this is a real winner, and puts other companies to shame with the level of accuracy and the price point. fantastic offering by enterbay.

This statue blows the Sideshow PF and the Cinemaquette away, and it's seemingly cheaper than both (especially the latter).

What they've procuced now is tremendous, but in the future I hope they implement rooted hair. That would be the next step forward. It's tough to do realistic hair for 1/6 figures, but in 1/4 it should be easier.

This is the (very expensive) Cinemaquette Bruce Lee statue in 1/4 scale. I think. The likeness isn't quite there, but I like the realism of the hair
bruce-lee-statuette-1-3-cinemaquette-56-cm-1267184826.jpeg

This is the (very expensive) Cinemaquette Bruce Lee statue in 1/4 scale.
Just a quick fix - it's in 1/3 scale :)
+ Actually that's not the best example of a realistic hair. In-hand product is not that good (you have a prototype photo). Sometimes sculpted hair is a better way to keep the WOW-factor from proto to actual product.
But yes, I agree with you, if done right - rooted hair can add realism. But again, if not - it can ruin the overall look. So IMO for that price - sculpted hair is the optimal choice.

This statue blows the Sideshow PF and the Cinemaquette away, and it's seemingly cheaper than both (especially the latter).

What they've procuced now is tremendous, but in the future I hope they implement rooted hair. That would be the next step forward. It's tough to do realistic hair for 1/6 figures, but in 1/4 it should be easier.

This is the (very expensive) Cinemaquette Bruce Lee statue in 1/4 scale. I think. The likeness isn't quite there, but I like the realism of the hair
bruce-lee-statuette-1-3-cinemaquette-56-cm-1267184826.jpeg

Problem is the hair does not always look like that.
This guy gave him a hair cut
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eEAQCh1EQ9w&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eEAQCh1EQ9w&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The quality of this figure is amazing.
Would be the ultimate Bruce Lee collectible if they didn't screw up the face.
For that price I'd expect more likeness.

Its funny that on ebay..ive notice that the seller 'goodshipped' had it initially for $198.99 with free shipping. The next auction he had it at $205.88 with free shipping, then $213.88, then $218.88, now its at $228.88..crazy to think how high people will actually go for this statue!

Its funny that on ebay..ive notice that the seller 'goodshipped' had it initially for $198.99 with free shipping. The next auction he had it at $205.88 with free shipping, then $213.88, then $218.88, now its at $228.88..crazy to think how high people will actually go for this statue!

But if you order it directly from Enterbay for $170.00, it will cost another $70.00 in shipping costs!

thx for the info. that's what i was afraid of. plastic is a bummer. no wonder the price is so low.

but that sculpt is so damn fantastic. but it's plastic... but it's fantastic. but it's plastic. hmmm.. have to go into the cave and meditate on this one.

better act fast buddy, time is ticking :impatient:
:lol

better act fast buddy, time is ticking :impatient:
:lol

I agree, this is one piece i did not want to wait on.

I don't see plastic being a problem at all. I will take a plastic statue with great likeness over a polystone statue with average likeness everyday of the week.

Just a quick fix - it's in 1/3 scale :)
+ Actually that's not the best example of a realistic hair. In-hand product is not that good (you have a prototype photo). Sometimes sculpted hair is a better way to keep the WOW-factor from proto to actual product.
But yes, I agree with you, if done right - rooted hair can add realism. But again, if not - it can ruin the overall look. So IMO for that price - sculpted hair is the optimal choice.

Whoops, my bad. It's 1/3 scale then. Still, I think good looking rooted hair can be done in 1/4.

Problem is the hair does not always look like that.
This guy gave him a hair cut
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eEAQCh1EQ9w&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eEAQCh1EQ9w&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

ooh, that's terrible. People actually pay approx. $2000 for that?

I think Enterbay could do much better. Cinemaquette just dropped the ball on theirs (as they are wont to do with many of their statues).

So for anyone that owns the bust already. Does it look and feel really cheap? Is there a lot of loss between the quality of the head sculpt vs. the body it's on?

I agree, this is one piece i did not want to wait on.

I don't see plastic being a problem at all. I will take a plastic statue with great likeness over a polystone statue with average likeness everyday of the week.

amen to that and enterbay makes the best bruce out there period...

So for anyone that owns the bust already. Does it look and feel really cheap? Is there a lot of loss between the quality of the head sculpt vs. the body it's on?

My YouTube friend Danny has one.
He really likes it a lot.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/u_diunuOF0o&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/u_diunuOF0o&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

This 1/4 scale BL looks awesome. It seriously puts the SS piece to shame.

This is the first time i'll buy from enterbay website.
Do we have to pay at front when we order from enterbay???

Back