General Grievous PF Custom Cape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: General Grievous PF Custom Cape WIP

Really Amazing!!

Kib, please, give my congrats to your wife, she is doing a very nice work. The cape looks very cool even if don´t includes the interior diamonds, or the external emblem.
I want a Cape like this!!!!!!

It will have the external emblem when it is finished.

Re: General Grievous PF EX cape specs?

Can someone make this cape in 1/6? I need one for my WIP Grievous:D
DSC07378-1.jpg

DSC07235-1.jpg

You sure do like showing that thing off...and we love it when you do...because it's AWESOME...:D

Very nice, your wife rulzes, and I wish I had a cape for mine.

Updated pictures of the cape nearly finished; just so you know, this is the exact measurements of the Sideshow EX cape. The only thing "altered" is the neck area was changed a tiny bit because we are using a jewelry clasp. All that is left is to clean up some of the stitches, finish the neck area, add a jewelry clasp, and use the stencil & fabric paint to add the symbol on the back. We are NOT adding the stitching on the inside of the cape.

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

My wife told me that if there is interest, she would make more of these. She figures that now that she has a pattern made, and has worked out some of the major kinks, she could probably make one every 2-3 days assuming that we can continue to get the correct fabric and can locate grey bias tape so that she doesn't have to dye it every time. Heck, if we get enough interest, I might try to make a custom mold to resemble Grievous's actual clasp instead of using a jewelry clasp.

Very Cool. Look a good shape. The emblem isn´t important for me, but the clasp..how is this jewlery clasp that you comment ? i don´t know what look this have.I´m interest in one cape like this.

Looks very nice! If the decision is a go, please sign me up for one!

I had another board member say something and I wanted to reply to it in the open. It is plain stupid to get butthurt that someone is making a quality cape for Grievous; especially considering that the cape looks so damn cool on him. To think that people having custom capes made is going to hurt the value of your "exclusive" cape is silly.

Ok, let me make a few things crystal, crystal clear:

• It was NEVER my initial intention to make more than one of these.
  • This is a HOMEMADE cape.
  • The fabric is different, the stitching is different, the measurements of the neck area are different, it DOES NOT have the stitching on the inside of the cape, and (as of right now) it just has a black jewelry clasp for the neck.
  • I am not, in any way, shape, or form insinuating that this is the Sideshow EX; this is a fan made cape.
I want to say it again, it was NOT my initial intention to offer this to other members; so anyone who thinks that, you're wrong. I had alot of people say that they wanted a cape for their Grievous and people contact me via PM, I told my wife about the comments, and she offered.

Also, measure your EX cape. You will notice that one side is longer than the other. All capes that my wife makes will have the sides even.

For those of you that have had positive comments and to my bud who really helped me get the specifics in order, thanks a ton! The Grievous PF looks awsome with the cape and I hope I can provide a cool cape, that is not the exclusive, for anyone who is interested.

I don't have any information on price/time yet because we haven't finished the first one, we haven't cut the stencil or tested the fabric paint, and we haven't been able to locate 1/4" grey bias tape in the states yet; the one on mine was dyed grey and my wife is already refusing to make multiple if she has to dye and iron more bias tape. Again, us offering to make more was a very spur of the moment decision and hasn't been thought through.

Last edited:

Kibishii, not to worry, if anyone really wanted to get a cape for their grevious, they could if they really wanted to. just go out and buy themselve a sewing machine :rotfl:rotfl.

so imo if your cape looks great for minimal cost then great for all those that want one.
i for one know that mine is original and that it won't depreciate because of the handful of capes you end up making.
hell make a 100 of them and sell them on ebay for all i care. this is a hobby to be enjoyed by all, and if you can make someone else enjoy their statue a little more, then power to ya.

Kibishii, I wouldn't worry about making a few capes for those who want one. This is a custom forum after all.
For the bias tape you should be able to get it online. I just chose not to use it on mine, cause I'm lazy.
Good luck!

For the bias tape you should be able to get it online. I just chose not to use it on mine, cause I'm lazy.
Good luck!
We looked EVERYWHERE online and at the local fabric shops for 1/4" Grey Double-Fold Bias Tape and were unable to find any; the only grey we could find was in wide. If you know a place that sells 1/4" Grey Double-Fold Bias Tape, please let me know. My wife ordered a bias tape maker online and is going to try that when it comes in to see if it is more efficient.

If that works, great, if not, the ONLY other option is to buy white and dye it grey which is a major pain because dying it unfolds the bias and take alot longer. :banghead

The initial one is pretty much finished; we are just figuring out what we want to do with the symbol on the back. We had to do some testing because the fabric paint/stencil looked like crap (we are using a quality fabric and the paint just soaked into the fabric and didn't have a gloss look), so we bought a different brand. The different brand had a gloss look, but was too metallic (which I didn't like). My wife decided to get a lighter fabric and use a spray/iron to put it on.

I also bought some clay and metal clips to make a clasp; it is the good stuff that has to be put in the oven. We will see how that works.

Last edited:

We looked EVERYWHERE online and at the local fabric shops for 1/4" Grey Double-Fold Bias Tape and were unable to find any; the only grey we could find was in wide. If you know a place that sells 1/4" Grey Double-Fold Bias Tape, please let me know. My wife ordered a bias tape maker online and is going to try that when it comes in to see if it is more efficient.

If that works, great, if not, the ONLY other option is to buy white and dye it grey which is a major pain because dying it unfolds the bias and take alot longer. :banghead

The initial one is pretty much finished; we are just figuring out what we want to do with the symbol on the back. We had to do some testing because the fabric paint/stencil looked like crap (we are using a quality fabric and the paint just soaked into the fabric and didn't have a gloss look), so we bought a different brand. The different brand had a gloss look, but was too metallic (which I didn't like). My wife decided to get a lighter fabric and use a spray/iron to put it on.

I also bought some clay and metal clips to make a clasp; it is the good stuff that has to be put in the oven. We will see how that works.

Kibishii,
Is this what you need? https://www.backdoorquiltshoppe.com...s_main1&productid=Not003664&tracking5=froogle
My wife sewed mine, even she didn't use it on ours she said this should be what you are looking for.:D

Uhh, very very nice!! The cape looks beautiful, nearly to SS EX cape. I hope you can offer us capes so amazing as it soon. A very well done work :banana

Kibishii,
Is this what you need? https://www.backdoorquiltshoppe.com...s_main1&productid=Not003664&tracking5=froogle
My wife sewed mine, even she didn't use it on ours she said this should be what you are looking for.:D

Thanks for the link. I showed it to my wife and she needs to find out if it is double-fold or not. She hasn't heard of fusible before, but if it gets sticky when ironed, it won't work. She is making a pattern for the back symbol and will hopefully have the initial one finished today or tomorrow (it has been crazy busy here lately and she hasn't worked on it lately).

There are six people who have requested this, and I thank everyone for the nice comments. As soon as I have the initial one finished, I will post more pictures.

Here is my custom cape...would like to know what you guys think!!

The cape has wire all around the edges for easy positioning and is very similar to the sideshow one except it does'nt have the design on the back.

Here is my custom cape...would like to know what you guys think!!

The cape has wire all around the edges for easy positioning and is very similar to the sideshow one except it does'nt have the design on the back.

Looks great! How did you do the stitching on the inside? That looks perfect. The one we are making will only have the wire on the bottom since that is how the Sideshow one is.

Last edited:
Back