Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this thing (DX09) still in production?

Nope, you will only find it on evilbay now. depending where you come from theres a few shops in the UK still has some but there over £200
Not sure about anywhere else.
I was late in getting him i bought him last month for £259 but well worth it & will never regret paying that for him.
Got Tony Meis ver 2.0 cape for him he looks like a real life miniature Keaton bats now :yess:

This is definitely the most life-like among my other figures..just make sure to display him in a way that hides his back from direct view lol

Was it a limited edition (set number were manufactured) or time limited? If not, why did they stop making it?

This was my first HT and I got it last August after I just stumbled upon late at night. I don't know how many they made but it was obviously easily attainable. I don't know when it got released

I finally got him two weeks ago. :yess:
My first ever Hot Toys and only my second high end collectible since SSC Licence to Kill James Bond ten years ago. :)
What a true work of art this figure and the box he comes in are!
I held off purchasing him this long because I couldn't figure out how to purchase Hot Toys products without having to pay toll and import taxes.
This was however resolved as I found a local collector who sold the one I got MIB. Here are some pictures:

8719298032_17746925b0_b.jpg

8718180631_d5f0978687_b.jpg

8718180653_1b2b8e780e_b.jpg

8719298066_0861b4f93a_b.jpg

8718180703_b3eb4b581c_b.jpg

As some of you may know I have the upcoming 1:6 1989 Batmobile arriving from Hot Toys in the next month or so and so I decided to build myself a bat cave diorama for it and also to include a matching diorama to go with the Batman DX09 figure. It's only work in progress at the moment but I have completed a structure for the DX09 that I am very happy within terms of colour and texture...

I've also made a 3D 1989 Batman Logo as a kind of Sideshow Exclusive attachment if you like. This can be displayed anywhere on the diorama so it's all down to preference in terms of position but still a nice touch I think :) I still have to consider things like lighting, etc, so still plenty to do...

Here are some of the latest pics as it stands and I will have more updated shots once I have received the Batmobile and can build the final backdrop to complete the diorama. Thanks for looking :clap

P.S. sorry for the inclusion of shipping boxes in the pics, I literally have no room to display this diorama so have had to place it literally where I can. Thanks to my wife who has put up with a lot of mess and spilled paint whilst I treat our living room as a workshop! Ha!

sahy2a6u.jpg

9erysyzy.jpg

Whoa. That looks really awesome man! I love it. I wish I could do something like this but I just don't have the space. What is it made out of?

And is that the new Tony Meis cape?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Whoa. That looks really awesome man! I love it. I wish I could do something like this but I just don't have the space. What is it made out of?

And is that the new Tony Meis cape?

Thanks Fiend, much appreciated pal :hi5: Trust me, i dont have the space either - hence why i've had to build it ontop of my Shipping Boxes :slap

It really is such a simple build to make with the hardest part of it all being trying to keep paint off the floor! :lol Its all made from Styrofoam, including the 3D Bats logo! took some time but really happy with the overall look and texture of the cave diorama

Yep, its the Tony Meis V1 cape!

I have V1 too, I think that, al least on pictures, the material looks more accurate. any way, with any of the tony meis cape this looks alive.

Thanks Fiend, much appreciated pal :hi5: Trust me, i dont have the space either - hence why i've had to build it ontop of my Shipping Boxes :slap

It really is such a simple build to make with the hardest part of it all being trying to keep paint off the floor! :lol Its all made from Styrofoam, including the 3D Bats logo! took some time but really happy with the overall look and texture of the cave diorama

Yep, its the Tony Meis V1 cape!

How did you get it to drape so tightly against the skin,it actually looks heavy. I have the v1 and mine doesn't look that good.

Back