Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As some of you may know I have the upcoming 1:6 1989 Batmobile arriving from Hot Toys in the next month or so and so I decided to build myself a bat cave diorama for it and also to include a matching diorama to go with the Batman DX09 figure. It's only work in progress at the moment but I have completed a structure for the DX09 that I am very happy within terms of colour and texture...

I've also made a 3D 1989 Batman Logo as a kind of Sideshow Exclusive attachment if you like. This can be displayed anywhere on the diorama so it's all down to preference in terms of position but still a nice touch I think :) I still have to consider things like lighting, etc, so still plenty to do...

Here are some of the latest pics as it stands and I will have more updated shots once I have received the Batmobile and can build the final backdrop to complete the diorama. Thanks for looking :clap

P.S. sorry for the inclusion of shipping boxes in the pics, I literally have no room to display this diorama so have had to place it literally where I can. Thanks to my wife who has put up with a lot of mess and spilled paint whilst I treat our living room as a workshop! Ha!

sahy2a6u.jpg

9erysyzy.jpg
Man - THAT SET UP ROCKS!! :rock

Very well done - nice work, I love it. :clap

I might even pinch that top one for my screensaver!! Lol.

Still don't have a clear favourite in my collection.

Can't quite see it in my pic but I've got the right hand holding the cape back too. I've looked into the 2.5 cape, I'm going to get one soon!

Yeah, bit pi$$ed at that. Looks to sit perfect in a straight line down to the floor when the cape is surrounding him. Which unfortunately this one doesn't, it seems to wanna go diagonal so when it tries to go straight down it bows out at the chest. But it's still 1million times better than the stock cape.

I just find the 1.0 too short for accuracy. Still an improvement over the stock cape but I prefer the 2.0.

It's possible that there were different capes for photoshoots and for action scenes in the actual film, just as there were two cowls used by Keaton, one of which had shorter ears so he could fit in the batmobile.

Back