Hot Toys - MMS 86 -The Spirit - THE OCTOPUS figure spec & hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but I'd like to think that Sam finally read the script and saw how horrible it was and was trying to make problems whereever he could.

:lol

:lol After Snakes On A Plane I don't think Sam cares how bad the scripts are to the roles he takes.

Yeah as long as he's working and getting paid I don't think he cares. He did that shark movie with the first Punisher and L.L. Cool J.. so I don't get the feeling that Sammy is picky about roles. :lol

octo2.jpg

]

why does he have shotgun shells on an uzi??

I thought it was awesome!

The problem was that people took it seriously, and it's supposed to be a fun and entertaining movie. Not serious. I think the campy lines were actually intentional and although I liked it, I don't know why others didn't. Lots of action, and the Spirit was pretty cool himself.

That is a very cool looking figure, cheers Dave. Gonna try and get this as well. Silken Floss was a must, now this is and if you get them then I guess it'd be rude not to get the Spirit himself!

That is a very cool looking figure, cheers Dave. Gonna try and get this as well. Silken Floss was a must, now this is and if you get them then I guess it'd be rude not to get the Spirit himself!

Yep, the figure is much better than the film. And you can actually see how cool and colorful the costume is - which was impossible with the idiotic color pallet in the film.

Rude or not I'm skipping "The Spirit" himself. They should of made a San Seref figure. Either in the wet suit or scantly clad wearing her golden fleece thingy.. I'm not to keen on Silken Floss figure.. it screams barbie to me.

Rude or not I'm skipping "The Spirit" himself. They should of made a San Seref figure. Either in the wet suit or scantly clad wearing her golden fleece thingy.. I'm not to keen on Silken Floss figure.. it screams barbie to me.

Well I have to admit I used to drop in on Hiroki Hayashi's site every now and then after discovering him through OSW, but he stopped posting ages ago and I feared he'd stopped sculpting and got a 'proper job', so now he's doing three (and counting) fem figs for HT, I can now finally get some of his work in my collection without selling my first born.
His site is still there but there's only a fraction of the stuff he used to have up-
https://www.ne.jp/asahi/hiroki/hp/

JUst got mine. Incredible figure.. I only wished the head sculpt was without a goatee. Other than that the likeness is dead on, the costume and weapons are awesome.. and no, Im still not getting the spirit.

JUst got mine. Incredible figure.. I only wished the head sculpt was without a goatee. Other than that the likeness is dead on, the costume and weapons are awesome.. and no, Im still not getting the spirit.

I'm fine with the goatee, I just wish he didn't have the stupid tattoos. :lol

That would make turning him into a Nick Fury so much easier!

I'm fine with the goatee, I just wish he didn't have the stupid tattoos. :lol

That would make turning him into a Nick Fury so much easier!

Dont think I havent thought of that either lol. Im still waiting on someone on this board to repaint and "erase" his goatee. Im happy with the figure though. I was just surprised it didnt come with extra hands..

Dont think I havent thought of that either lol. Im still waiting on someone on this board to repaint and "erase" his goatee. Im happy with the figure though. I was just surprised it didnt come with extra hands..

Who is Nick Fury :confused:

Just checked Toy Square to see if they had these and they're sold out already. Must be a popular figure. I didn't much care for the movie but I really liked the character designs, even Spirit. I'll be picking both up just because they look cool.

Any in hand pics, superboink?

It looks like it would be easy enough to take some nail polish remover and erase the goatee and tattoos. Then everyone can have there instant Nick Fury or Mace Windu.

Back