Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I have a few extra TT bodies on order from SS. No way eiter sculpt stays in the box. Displaying all 4 HT Joker figs (V1, BRJ, Dlx, PO) means Heath will have a shelf all to his own.

Did I read ithas a light up stand? I wonder what that is?

It's hard to guess the price of this one. HT adjusts their costs per figure and last year you had figures that ranged from $110 to $165. Most being in the middle $140 range, the awesome Vito and Connors included. I bought IM, with his LEDs and fantastic detailing, shipped for $160 too.

It wouldn't surprise me if this come in around $160 to $170.

does anyone have experience with rolling eye balls? is there a small button/ movable joystick somewhere on his head to control them? is it inside the head..meaning u wud have to remove the head everytime u wished to move the eyes? or do u simply run your fingers over his eyes and they move?

It's plausible that the eyes move without tampering with the head IE opening it up. Vancei's custom Anakin worked that way via magnets; you placed it near the forehead and wave it one way and the eyes would move the other. Worked like a charm.

"Officer ! Officer !"

Joker: "Yes ?"

"I'd like to report a crime!"

Joker: "what happened?"

" I was raped"

Joker: " By who?"

" Hot Toys and I paid them to do it"

Joker: "....Hey....wanna see a magic trick?":rotfl

Edit: or "Hey why so...buyers remorse" :rotfl

that's awesome! I really don't need to get this as I am happy with the V1 and Bank Robber head combo, but for all those who missed out, or can't have too many Jokers, this is amazing.... I applaud Hot Toys. :rock

does anyone have experience with rolling eye balls? is there a small button/ movable joystick somewhere on his head to control them? is it inside the head..meaning u wud have to remove the head everytime u wished to move the eyes? or do u simply run your fingers over his eyes and they move?

I think the short answer is we don't know how the HT system will work. I have Enterbay figutres, ZC Girls and an old eagle Eyed GI Joe, I also know the Triad Samurai Champloo have moveable eyes as well, but just going by the photos (of course we nweed to see him in hand to be sure) but these look like the most realistic to date... can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Holy crap, yesterday when I was looking at the pictures, I was kinda 'meh' about the whole Joker redux thing but now WOW!!!! must buy. Seriously, someone stop Hot Toys, pretty soon they really will just be shrinking people down and putting them in a plastic box.

I think the short answer is we don't know how the HT system will work. I have Enterbay figutres, ZC Girls and an old eagle Eyed GI Joe, I also know the Triad Samurai Champloo have moveable eyes as well, but just going by the photos (of course we nweed to see him in hand to be sure) but these look like the most realistic to date... can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Yeah, seems the difference is this isn't just a painted eye... but an actual dimensional piece. Very ridiculous.

I'm on the fence about this. I feel like I'm getting shafted as I already bought the V1, then had to get the BR. Now, I really don't care much about the Cop outfit... but the new head (even though its not really new) has frickin' moving eyes!!!

HT really are the masters of variants and screwing customers while making them smile at the same time.

If you look at the Joker pics that mention movable eyes, look at the Jokers hair line. It looks like the hair is removable. I would guess it works like Enterbay but strictly a guess.

Oh...wookster thanks AGAIN for coming thru with HT specs & pics

Last edited:
And here when I hope up this morning at 6:00, I thought, "No, I won't bother going online. I doubt there are any new pics or info for this figure. That would be a lot of information really quickly." I've never been so thrilled to be proven wrong for a collectible. This figure is stunning. Absolutely stunning and everything I could possibly have wanted. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a truetype body now to go along with this.

Ok, guess I'll finally be getting a Joker. . . I passed on Ver. 1... but don't think I'll pass here, especially considering it's like getting a 2fer !

I only wish they would've not included the knife, pistol and Joker cards, just to keep SOMETHING exclusive to the previous Joker figures.

I can't imagine how some folks feel on this. Fortunately, I wanted the Cop Joker when it was looking to be just Cop Joker, so this other stuff is just extra greatness, but folks just wanting the best purple suit TDK Joker, this has got to sting.

The new head is just worth the price of the whole set for me. The ultimate creative freedom in a collectible portrait. Sure being able to change facial emotion is the ultimate, but I don't see that happening. Movable eyes I think is the most that can ever be achieved in a collectible figure as far as diversity. I'm already imagining the mob meeting duplication shots from the mob meeting I'm going to be able to make.

I also like to get the first release of something new... and the eyeball system is definitely a new one.

So I wonder if other companies (looking at you Sideshow) will also incorporate this technology, or if it will just stay between HT and Enterbay?

I think it'll be some time before Sideshow gets around to this sort of thing. Frankly, if it changes the price a lot, I'm fine if they don't adopt it.

At this point, I look to SSC as a collection building 1/6 figure maker and Hot Toys as a great figure maker. You get a guy here or there from HT, SSC gives you a collection of characters, at least from Star Wars. I say stick with what you're best at. HT's managable at their prices because you don't get 10 figures a year from one property.

(Voorhee ........... TheTerminator finally wakes up, heads on downstairs to make some coffee and look for work online. Turns on the t.v. to the weather networks and almost spills his coffee swearing at the t.v. after discovering it may snow today. He then proceeds over to his laptop, still half asleep, the coffee hasn't taken affect)

(He then discovers a new "Wookster" Joker thread and WAKES UP!!!!!)

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror Holy smackers man!!!!!!! Movable eyes, newer jacket and complete outfit??????? DAMN YOUUUUUUUUU HOT TOYS!!!!

:lol

I will buy 2, upgrade my V1 Joker and have 2 total plus the Cop Joker. I realize that the sculpt is most likely the same as the BR Joker sculpt but who cares mang!

:woo

Back