Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monetarily, I'm with Voorhees, without knowing much about the method for the coat and this new skin technique, I'd figure him to be cost more around 2/3 of his actual price.

However, personal value to me, he'll be worth every penny he actually costs.

210 for this guy.. :(

My focus was collecting 1/6 figures of pop culture icons, I don't think AE's Two-face/dent is on that level. What made me order Dent was having the Bank Robber Joker on order. Big impulse. On my way to cancel.

Well it wouldn't be accurate (obviously) but you could put the Harvey Dent head on another body with another suit that way you could display both. I think everyone has seen the custom Bruce Wayne pics I posted from Darknight009 over at ToyWorld. He used the clothing from the Mattel "Enchanted" figure and it turned out great, which prompted some people on here to do the same (since the "Enchanted" figure ranges from 9 - 15 bucks). I think that might work with Harvey aswell. Here's 2 Custom Bruce Wayne pics and then some quick Harvey Dent mock ups using the same pics:

br1

br4

Photo Credit: Darknight009 @ ToyWorld

Mock Ups:

hdmockup1cv9.png

hdmockup2uf5.png

Like I said, not accurate but a nice alternative if you can't afford 2 Harvey Dent/Two-Face figures from HT.

Are all the clothes on that from the Enchanted figure? Pretty much everything but the shoes looks great.

210 for this guy.. :(

My focus was collecting 1/6 figures of pop culture icons, I don't think AE's Two-face/dent is on that level. What made me order Dent was having the Bank Robber Joker on order. Big impulse. On my way to cancel.

$149.99 + $7.50 g.s.t. + $15.00 shipping = $172.49 U.S.

X 1.21 = $208.72 CDN

Yup about $210, sucks eh? Sadly with my current situation its gonna have to be a pass too. Every single spare penny I have will need to be saved for Predator!

Well if you are expecting a V2 Harvey, it won't be happening. The demand for this figure is not very strong and the sculpt is just a little off, I say it's 95% there accurate, so the reason isn't strong enough for HT to make a V2 version.

Well if the demand for TF isn't strong that probably means at least you'll be able to pick these up on ebay fairly reasonably once the TDK craze is completely dead and with the economy the way it is.

After seeing the new shots of two-face i decided to cancel. In my opinion there is just too many things wrong. There is the over sized suit, shirt and tie. Then there is the huge hands and then the seem on the thumb. I know alot of people are gonna love this fig and that is fine. Too me right now this is now worth spending 170 on it for. Hopefully down the line these imperfection will be fixed to create the perfect two-face.

Are all the clothes on that from the Enchanted figure? Pretty much everything but the shoes looks great.

Not sure about the shoes. Here's a pic of the figure:

mattel_enchanted_robert.jpg

br4

I know the shirt, pants, tie, coat and overcoat are from that figure. The shirt and pants are sewn together too, so there's velcro on the back to attach it. The body is a True Type, and the gloved hands are the extra set from the TDK figure. You could always swap out the shoes, hands etc. There's also numerous other suit options out there aswell. I think it's a viable (and CHEAP) alternative to buying 2 of those figures to display Harvey Dent AND Two-Face.

After seeing the new shots of two-face i decided to cancel. In my opinion there is just too many things wrong. There is the over sized suit, shirt and tie. Then there is the huge hands and then the seem on the thumb. I know alot of people are gonna love this fig and that is fine. Too me right now this is now worth spending 170 on it for. Hopefully down the line these imperfection will be fixed to create the perfect two-face.

Thats one of the main reasons I haven't ordered it yet, it looks quite bland but the official shots from Hot Toys look much better than whats coming out. That was making me itch to order it.

I don't know if it's the detail that I'm so use to and accustomed with The Jokers, and then coming to this. It looks so baggy and PVC like. Saying that, these figures never look that good until you've done a lot of futzing to them. The clothes never sit right on these things out of the box as we've all seen. The sheer excitement kicks in for people to quickly start shooting.

I'm going to wait until Agen and MaulFan gets theirs for my final decision.

Wow, he looks fantastic. And the pics of just the Dent head are uncanny they look so realistic. I can't wait to get this guy - much more anticipated than BR Joker or either Bats.

As for the price making it less attractive - noisetrigger says the Batpod is flying off the shelves - and it's even more expensive and, in my opinion, far less impressive. Perhaps bigger is actually better?

As for the price making it less attractive - noisetrigger says the Batpod is flying off the shelves - and it's even more expensive and, in my opinion, far less impressive. Perhaps bigger is actually better?

Price alone I'm sure is not the problem. It's a combination of price, screen presence and the final product.

Dent/Two-Face was likely a so-so character in terms of favor for owning memorabilia of him, and the final figure, while amazing in my opinion, is little more than a man in a suit with a gun. Couple those things together and you filter the prime customer based down to fans who pretty much love everything TDK.

The Batpod on the other hand, was a cool new vehicle, a key element of some of the most amazing shots in the film, somewhat of a technical marvel, a piece many figured wouldn't happen and did, and acts as a companion piece to an existing item more so than another character.

To me, Two-Face offers a better long term value for the investment than the Pod, but it's all in what collectors want.

actually its only the eyeliner on the two face head that bugs me.
Its like its drawn out of line. Those on the Harvey Dent head are done more correctly.

That stood out to me too - so in addition to A) thinking they took the scarring too far in the film B) learning from those who study these things that this figure's damage is not film accurate - there is now also a C) the eyeliner.

But the Dent sculpt looks fantastic.

Very nice, Agen, as always! :D

You may want to fix his tie and futz with the shirt a bit...

Nice box art. Wish the initial TDK releases had similar art. I like consistency.

And please don't slaughter me for asking, but did HT fix the coin? Just curious

Back