Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are more pics as promised including the one cerealkeller requested. Sorry for the less than optimal pics again, the weather isn't very optimal today. It's only like 5pm outside and it's already dark.

DSC02113.jpg

I LOVE this shot. Excellent work with the pics, man!

wow nice pics you two. more Agen, more already! :D
For some reason, and i have no idea why, but imho, the Dent head is my favorite of the two after having seen them side by side like that. How can you say no, to that figure after seeing them, look at the likeness, it's fantastic! Best yet IMHO. Something about the twoface head looks off to me, not sure what it is, i think it's the dead straight line dividing the face from good to burnt. I dunno, it looks amazing, i can't wait to get him now, i'm definately hitting up ebay to get one in stock. I think noisetrigger's one looks to have a 'slightly' more nondefined blend, there's still a good mix of unburned into the burned, and slightly burnt good skin, for eg, just under the hairline, and down.

I concur. I think thats a bit off-putting to me aswell - the straight line - it just doesn't seem realistic - its an area where Nolan sort of departed from his own 'Nolanverse' in the film too. The Dent/Twoface story would have been just as dramatically effective if they'd had less extreme more realistic scarring - not making it look so comic-booky - which this Two-face figure now looks.

But again - the Aaron eckhart likeness redeems the figure completely. And I will display as such.

Well, Nolan's approach was to make it very dramatic and use unrealistic damage to add to the intensity of the scenes, which I think paid off, I don't think realistic burns would have had the impact to see as what he did, and the belief is, if you go extreme but for the sake of storytelling, you can get away with it. Batman Forever's Two-Face was extreme in appearance but it failed because it wasn't done well and had no impact on the storytelling.

Nolan did mentioned that went they tested a more realistic burn damaged it actually turns out even more gruesome and just pitiful. Hence the decision to go with a more stylized take on the burn damage.

Yep pretty spot on there Maulfan, totally pulled off adding intensity, the first time i saw all that damage, i was just blown away, i still can't believe it was ALL cgi, VERY well done. Btw, another unbelievable aspect for me, lol, is that i just can't get over the detail we are getting on some of these 1/6th figures these days. First the Bank Robber Joker paintjob was enough to blow me away, and now check the TwoFace, so much detail, i really would love to watch the process of how they make one from start to finish. I have no idea how they get them all soo similar, to near identical, it seems impossible to me lol.

Ya, I'm pretty critical of CGI, a lot of times it's still easily spotted as fake, but if Two-Face's damage weren't so extreme that you know it had to be, you'd question it, they pulled it off great, all the muscle and tendon movement was in sync with the Eckhart side, really top notch job.

I don't think it's possible to be too accurrate at that scale. I imagine it's lucky enough they could get detailed to the point of recognizing liberty and all.

hey guys, first time poster here! i have been collecting this line lately and man, i am probably gonna sell my other lines because this line of figures has amazed me so much. i have been a batman fan since i could remmeber when i was a kid. not so much with the comics, but i have very fond memories watching the movies as a kid. i was a little older by the time batman and robin came out (although i did see it in the theater with a bunch of kids while in grammer school lol), i watched batman, batman returns and batman forever a million times and i looooved batman so much! had a million action figures from the movies, bat vehicles and everything. as an older person (21), the little kid in me just never grew up, at least as far as collecting. i collect many lines but i must say, these hot toys figures are among my favorite figures now. i could probably sell all my other collections and this line would stay cuz its quite simply a stunning work, im amazed. so far i own the hot toys BB batman, joker, and just recently recieved my TDK suited batman. all of them.....wow i am impressed. however, before i recieved my TDK batman, i didnt really want the BR joker because well he doesnt look like joker i know with the purple suit, hes just in average clothes and not too interesting. however, seeing all 3 of my hot toys figures together, its making me want the bank robber joker even more. if i gonna have 2 different batmans, why not 2 different jokers? the joker sculpt for BR joker looks good and even though hes not grinning, he looks amazing. i liked the previous sculpt cuz he had that sinister grin and his hair was greener, but this sculpt would make a good interogation scene joker. and then that harvey dent/twoface....wow. i cannot wait till he hits ebay sellers in the States, i will get one as soon as they hit in the US. as far as the hot toys vehicles, im considering the batpod. the batmobile is way too big for me but i loved the batpod even more in the movies. i really hope one day they make figures/vehicles etc for the tim burton films, i am looking foward to that immensly! keaton batman all the way!!

Welcome man, glad to hear you are enjoying this line, it has brought sooooo many people here, hehe, even to the world of 1/6th, myself included. Those pics are looking damned great Agen

Welcome man, glad to hear you are enjoying this line, it has brought sooooo many people here, hehe, even to the world of 1/6th, myself included. Those pics are looking damned great Agen

oh wow, i didnt know that alot of ppl came to this site because of this line. kinda sad that there are only gonna be 5 figures in the whole line and then its done.

Here are more pics as promised including the one cerealkeller requested. Sorry for the less than optimal pics again, the weather isn't very optimal today. It's only like 5pm outside and it's already dark.

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

Thank you!!!!! Looks awesome man! Why did this have to come out right before Christmas?!? All the presents my GF, nieces and nephews open better be appreciated as they are the reason I had to delay getting Two-Face from Toys2. Oh well, only a few more weeks...patience...breath:banghead:banghead

Back