Hot Toys The Spirit Silken floss spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Germany= no nazi signs!

Hot Toys is not located in Germany so what is your point.

A swastika itself is not offensive, only what it represents. But it was there in the movie and should be there on the figure. It seems more of an issue to not have it there than having it there since it only draws more attention from its absence.

Germany= no nazi signs!
.....:confused:
........um.....i'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean:confused:

just read buttmunch's post...he actually KNOWS what he's talking about.

A swastika itself is not offensive, only what it represents. But it was there in the movie and should be there on the figure. It seems more of an issue to not have it there than having it there since it only draws more attention from its absence.
:lecture:lecture:lecture
exactly....the nazi usage of the swastika is offensive, but it has been used in many other cultures too, for other meanings.
and if a character is a nazi, then why shouldn't it have a swastika?
that would be like if an obama figure was made with a white flag instead of an american flag

An Indiana Jones comic was not allowed in Germany due to usage of Swastikas and nazi signs. THAT is what my point it Butt..munch

Many toy companies are uncomfortable using swastikas on their products. When hasbro did their Indiana Jone line last year, their were no Nazi logos and they were referred to as "German Soldiers"

You can always get an armband from a DML or DiD figure.

This is one of those tired, old debates isn't it. Fact of the matter is companies like Dragon and even Hot Toys have released many a Nazi figure and so this should be no different. If she wears a swastika in the movie it should be on the figure.

An Indiana Jones comic was not allowed in Germany due to usage of Swastikas and nazi signs. THAT is what my point it Butt..munch

So all of us should get innaccurate figures just so Germans can get one? If it means Germans can't get Nazi figures but we get more accurate figures from it, then so be it.

if it is in the movie, it should be on the figure you bunch of dweebs.

Wow... where did that come from?...:horror
You can get a complete Nazi armband for like $3.00 on Ebay...:rolleyes:

Well, I mean they were the ones that wore them to begin with and now they are the ones that banned them. If German collector's really want Nazi figures, they'd find a way. I just dont' see why the rest of us should get innacurate figures because of it.

And yeah accurate armbands aren't that hard to find, but when you pay over $100 for a figure you shouldn't have to pay any more to make the figure accurate when it could have easily been made accruate to begin with.

Maybe it's in there,
they just aren't showing it for marketing purposes:dunno...

I hope that is a case. People are a bit too sensitive about Nazi imagery nowadays. I mean, Samuel L. Jackson, a black man, dressed up in the SS outfit in the movie. I still think it is hilarious.

Now I'm not saying what the real nazis did was funny or should be forgotten, but that figures based on characters and movies with accurate nazi uniforms shouldn't be edited for the over-senitive. I mean would somone edit a Schnidler figure because he wore a nazi pin? I would hope not.

I hope that is a case. People are a bit too sensitive about Nazi imagery nowadays. I mean, Samuel L. Jackson, a black man, dressed up in the SS outfit in the movie. I still think it is hilarious.

Now I'm not saying what the real nazis did was funny or should be forgotten, but that figures based on characters and movies with accurate nazi uniforms shouldn't be edited for the over-senitive. I mean would somone edit a Schnidler figure because he wore a nazi pin? I would hope not.

:lecture :lecture :lecture Amen, my friend! History exists and we should not erase it.

:lecture :lecture :lecture Amen, my friend! History exists and we should not erase it.

Exactly. I really hate how Marvel tries so hard to erase the fact the Red Skull is a Nazi. I mean Captain America was created to fight the Nazis so it made sense for his arch enemy was a Nazi. They even drew the Swastikas back then! But now, oh no, the Red Skull was just a German soldier. Not a "nazi." :rolleyes:

wait.....what did they do? i didn't even know anything happened :dunno

ahmadinejad.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

seriously though, it should be more accurate.. they should include the swastika, because if she's in a NAZI suit, then she would be wearing a NAZI SWASTIKA :duh

So all of us should get innaccurate figures just so Germans can get one? If it means Germans can't get Nazi figures but we get more accurate figures from it, then so be it.

If I remember rightly, it's not just Germany that has banned the sale of Nazi paraphernalia (which - if you take a very extreme view - a figure dressed in Nazi uniform with Nazi insignia could be construed to be), there are a couple of other countries in there as well. And if a company that wants to provide entertainment-based collectibles to as wide an audience as possible, I think it's valid to leave off the swastika, if including it will get the import of your product banned or cause problems for your customers.

Whether it's being over-sensitive or not I'm not going to comment on it - I'm not German, it's really not something I can speak to with any authority. But I can understand why, from such a tragic period of their history, they would want to legislate against anyone trying to glorify it. And if, in banning the display of insignia by those who want to promote Nazi ideology they are also potentially legislating against a couple of toys, I really don't see a problem.

Back