Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, looking at it more, there's something just a little lifeless about this sculpt. Especially in the picture below, it seems very mannequin-like. In the first image she looks great, so I think it's just a case of the sculpt only working from certain angles?
QUOTE]

ummm.... this is a action figure. :monkey3

Hm, looking at it more, there's something just a little lifeless about this sculpt. Especially in the picture below, it seems very mannequin-like. In the first image she looks great, so I think it's just a case of the sculpt only working from certain angles?
QUOTE]

ummm.... this is a action figure. :monkey3

Yeah, and with most HT you can get quite a variety out of the head poses. As I said, in many pics it looks fantastic, in the pic I quoted I think it loses something - maybe it's something "off" with the actual proportions of the actress herself, but as far as I'm concerned it's not a great pic.

And as a general comment to those who criticized my criticism, I think there's got to be a middle ground between constantly asserting something is terrible and looks like Angelina Jolie, and an all-in love-fest. My comment was certainly not dripping in bile and vitriol so de-twist your panties.

Q3?

Christ, Hot Toys obviously WANTS me not to be able to ever have money again.

But still, it's looking bloody amazing!

Looks pretty good, although the proportions look slightly off to me in some pics and her hand seema little small.

Still a buy though.

I hope they do something really cool for their WATCHMEN packaging. No way it can beat their IRON MAN packaging, but I'm hoping for something special nonetheless.

She looks fantastic in most of those pics. The only time it looks a little off to me are the shots where both hands are on her hips, other than that it's a great looking figure.

The doll hair is really the only way to go on something like this and HT did it right.

Official photos look very good. going to have to pick this up for sure. :rock

She looks fantastic in most of those pics. The only time it looks a little off to me are the shots where both hands are on her hips, other than that it's a great looking figure.

The doll hair is really the only way to go on something like this and HT did it right.

Yeah, in a few images she looks a little too dollish (maybe the small hands) but overall looks really great. This is a pretty complicated costume to pull off in 1/6 and HT did a great job.

I hope they don't crap out early on the line and leave us wanting for characters.

Yeah, in a few images she looks a little too dollish (maybe the small hands) but overall looks really great. This is a pretty complicated costume to pull off in 1/6 and HT did a great job.

I hope they don't crap out early on the line and leave us wanting for characters.

I'm impressed HT even tried a costume like this. It could have been a major disaster but they pulled it off.

I can't imagine they'd stop short on this line but you never know. I'd like to see at least a couple more.

Stunning...beautiful figure!! I find myself saying this a lot, but Hot Toys consistently finds ways to outdo themselves and the competition. They brought the heat with this one, she looks great with and without the coat, her face is gorgeous and the hair is very well done. I'm getting this without hesitation. :rock

The body looks like crap. Love the face and hair. Even the clothes. Just don't like how they hang on her body. She looks too toyish.
STFU ELI!!! :monkey4

Very nice looking figure. Hopefully many more to come.

Stunning...beautiful figure!! I find myself saying this a lot, but Hot Toys consistently finds ways to outdo themselves and the competition. They brought the heat with this one, she looks great with and without the coat, her face is gorgeous and the hair is very well done. I'm getting this without hesitation. :rock

looks stunning as soon as toys2 puts her up on pre order gonna have to get her

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I'm impressed HT even tried a costume like this. It could have been a major disaster but they pulled it off.

I can't imagine they'd stop short on this line but you never know. I'd like to see at least a couple more.

At minimum I would be interested in Night Owl II, Rorschach and the Comedian. Dr. Manhattan would be cool, but I could live w/o and I personally didn't like the design of Ozymandias... so I'd probably pass on him even though he was so important to the story.

Jaw droppingly BEAUTIFUL! This is DEFINITELY a buy. Even if I need to sell off pieces of my collection to afford these Hot Toys Watchmen figs, it's absolutely worth it.

Oh...my...god! That it so cool looking! :rock The likeness is flawless and the hair is perfect! Can't wait for this one!!!

:thwak

Already negativity in the thread?? Jesus, there is always a punch-bowl pisser.

A figure this great and some people still come with crazy nitpicks. :banghead

The sculpt looks great (and like Malin) from any angle. :lecture

see, this is what always happen. must your taste be validated by everyone to make you feel good? i didnt know everyone has to like the figure to be in this thread. it's funny that you can call someone a pisser, and no one raised a protest here. if i do that, i'd have a 4-5 nimrods jumping all over my case instantly. not everyone thinks the sculpt is great. learn to accept it.

Back