Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone posted elsewhere this is a dead ringer for Angelica Houston.

Now, that's all I see.:horror

You can start a new thread...

My threads always get closed and we don't know for sure if he is announced but, I'm asking Buttmunch first :peace

Not unmistakeably Akerman IMO (also has to do with the fact that she isn't that well known too). Not trying to start anything but I do see Jolie from that "one" pic.

Show this pic to some of your friends who aren't into 1/6 figures and I'm willing to bet some of them will say it looks like Jolie.

ss2bor.jpg

They probably would, it does kind of look like her :huh

Its the Power of Suggestion. Remember Machiko? People were saying "Its looks like Jolie" and we had 900 posts commenting on it. Then people said "It looks more like Keira Knightley" and people posted 900 comments agreeing there. Then someone posted it looks like Natalie Portman, and someone posted that's because Natalie Portman looks a little like Keira Knightley. The same comments came up with the Secret Service figure and I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find comments in the Spirit Scarlett Johanssen figure that say she looks like Jolie too :lol

I see Ackerman in the sculpt and no one else and that is enough to get my $150. Instead of reading all of the "Its Jolie" in these posts can someone please put what makes it look like that so the discussion can actually be that?

yup, looks more like jolie to me.

looking at it again, the hip joints is starting to distract me as well. looks like her butt is facing the front in some of the poses.

Well I only see Jolie in that one pic. But to each his own :D
I used to think Medicom Indiana Jones looked like Jeff Goldblum :lol

i think it's the unfamiliarity factor that makes some people see akerman in the sculpt. when a face is not so well known, your eyes tend to look for the most instantly recognizable features first, in this case the hair, the costume. and that familiarity help sell the face.

i dont think marcus looks anywhere close to his 1/6 counterpart. but some obviously people do.

I see Ackerman in the sculpt and no one else and that is enough to get my $150.

:lecture My thoughts exactly!

If I could walk into a store tonight and purchase her exactly how she looks in those pics I would do so in a heartbeat! This waits gonna suck!:sick

Its the Power of Suggestion. Remember Machiko? People were saying "Its looks like Jolie" and we had 900 posts commenting on it. Then people said "It looks more like Keira Knightley" and people posted 900 comments agreeing there. Then someone posted it looks like Natalie Portman, and someone posted that's because Natalie Portman looks a little like Keira Knightley. The same comments came up with the Secret Service figure and I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find comments in the Spirit Scarlett Johanssen figure that say she looks like Jolie too :lol

I see Jolie in the Hot Toys Godfather sculpt :lol

Not unmistakeably Akerman IMO (also has to do with the fact that she isn't that well known too). Not trying to start anything but I do see Jolie from that "one" pic.
Show this pic to some of your friends who aren't into 1/6 figures and I'm willing to bet some of them will say it looks like Jolie.
ss2bor.jpg

Sorry, but no. All I saw yesterday was the preview pic in Mando's sig (which contains no Watchmen branding) before I wandered into the DC section of this site, looking to congratulate whoever made that amazing Malin Akerman custom head, and hoping I could commission a Silk Spectre figure from it. I then freaked out when I realized it was a full blown Hot Toys release.

Once I saw some "Jolie" comments, I then showed just that head shot from the sig to my wife, who isn't at all a fan of Watchmen and certainly not a 1/6 collector. She recognized the actress from her very minor exposure to the franchise. "I don't know her name, but that's the Watchmen chick, right? Great likeness."

I'm scratching my head here TRYING to see where the Jolie comments are coming from. The fact that the lips are pronounced, maybe? I just don't see it. This is a home run, as far as I'm concerned.

it's not an exact likeness of jolie. just that it looks MORE like her, than it does akerman.

:rotfl:rotfl thats why i said jolie-itis when you see either a lot of jolie or a little bit of jolie everywhere you look...even the Hot Toys Godfather:rotfl:rotfl

Last edited:
I can't believe Hot Toys pulled all the pics from yesterday's thread when they were going to just release all these today. Lame.

Looks like they tightened up some of the costume issues I had. It's not movie perfect, but it is one very nice looking figure. Mine!:monkey5

The Jolie debate again? :rolleyes:

I think the body suit looks better in these pics than in the leaked ones. Especially that first one.

:rotfl:rotfl thats why i said jolie-itis when you see either a lot of jolie or a little bit of jolie everywhere you look...even the Hot Toys Godfather:rotfl:rotfl

when you see jolie in godfather, it's time to donate your eyes for science.

The Jolie debate again? :rolleyes:

I think the body suit looks better in these pics than in the leaked ones. Especially that first one.

you want a new topic? here, her butt is facing the front:

14Watchman_SILKSPECTREII.jpg

Back