Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure looks great until you (scroll down)...
14Watchman_SILKSPECTREII.jpg

...compare it to the film again. Then you see how skin tight it really should look (latex rubber; not pleather), how different the feet are, and what the hell is with the bulging thing on her upper thigh. You can barely see that line on the real girl, and it's flat as flat can be.
silk-spectre-ii.jpg

Again though, this is still 1/6 goodness.

I think the figure is nice, not fantastic. She definately looks better in her "leather" coat. I am glad Watchmen is not a line I am interested in collecting. Therefore, I do not have to make the choice to buy or not buy. It would be a tough call IMO.

I can't believe Hot Toys pulled all the pics from yesterday's thread when they were going to just release all these today. Lame.

Looks like they tightened up some of the costume issues I had. It's not movie perfect, but it is one very nice looking figure. Mine!:monkey5

The outfit does look different - this one is shinier I think, which is closer to the movie outfit.

Again - trolls that are trying to get attention by stirring up non-existant issues with a figure are a dime a dozen. Just ignore them.

Again - trolls that are trying to get attention by stirring up non-existant issues with a figure are a dime a dozen. Just ignore them.

so when people see issues where you dont, they are trolls then. i see...

maybe they just honestly see things differently and want to opine. didnt know all must be united in celebration everytime a figure is announced. bothers you when not everyone validate your taste, doesnt it?

This figure looks great until you (scroll down)...
14Watchman_SILKSPECTREII.jpg

This is definitely the most unflattering pic in the bunch to me. The others look great. I just wonder how many improvements HT will make to this before it's released. Tighter clothes out of a different material? Maybe so. It sure is close to perfect as is though.

I think the portrait is great but that's the only thing I really like about it. The "dolliest" looking thing I've seen from Hot Toys in a long time. To be fair I guess the outfit is probably very difficult to pull off in this scale. If they must use doll hair at least her hairstyle kind of works with it.
If this was a Sideshow release I suspect people would be calling it a hideous bobble head.
Regardless, I'm psyched they finally got the line rolling.
The WATCHMEN logo on the stand looks so good it makes me wish they didn't have nameplates to obstruct it.

This is definitely the most unflattering pic in the bunch to me. The others look great. I just wonder how many improvements HT will make to this before it's released. Tighter clothes out of a different material? Maybe so. It sure is close to perfect as is though.

If this is shipping 3Q, I'm guessing it's pretty much ready to go.

so when people see issues where you dont, they are trolls then. i see...

maybe they just honestly see things differently and want to opine. didnt know all must be united in celebration everytime a figure is announced. bothers you when not everyone validate your taste, doesnt it?

comic-book-guy.gif

This is going to be the one HT line that I will wait and see what the full roster will be before I buy a single one.

No it isn't, I've just been a little gunshy after my CC was nabbed after using that site (it was the only charge to that card for a month before and a month after) and since Joe is in FL I get my stuff a little faster, but Toys2 is awesome as well.

This is not a playground and no-one has to 'play'. May I ask that the childish and stupid behaviour please stop.

If you like the item great, if not thats great also and its your opinion but please do not purposely posts immature comments, that simply ruins the entire thread for everyone and will cause further action to be taken.
Thank you
shell
x :peace

Last edited:
Back