HT--Executive Officer---KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my hands on my Kane figure and pretty much agree with most of the above posts . Outstanding work on the suit and accessories , trouble getting the lights to work ( get the batteries out and jiggle 'em about a bit) , pain in the arse getting the hands on ( heat the buggers up!) , face-hugged sculpt a little disappointing (though not as bad as some would have you believe) and "shame about the likeness". On that subject and forgive me if this has been covered , but has anyone produced an authentic John Hurt sculpt? Surely there has been a demand for one , seeing as the figure has gone down generally well . I for one would definately be up for one , come on sculptors , get your fingers out! On the whole , despite this , Kane has taken it's place as one of my favourites and certainly has that "WOW" factor .

I have a question for those in the know....

I may have scored a Hot Toys Kane through an annual funds auction at a reputable So Cal high school, Notre Dame. The thing is, the facesculpt on the figure HAS NO MUSTACHE. No one else bid on it (I don't think anyone else had any idea what it was), and I got it for a very good price.

Does anyone know if Hot Toys created a prototype Kane with no facial hair?

I may have scored a Hot Toys Kane through an annual funds auction at a reputable So Cal high school, Notre Dame. The thing is, the facesculpt on the figure HAS NO MUSTACHE. No one else bid on it (I don't think anyone else had any idea what it was), and I got it for a very good price.

Do you have a picture? How do you supposed a prototype would have gotten into this auction?

Does it have the "hat" on? Maybe someone switched out the head with a Dragon sculpt. Or maybe 'shaved' off the moustache.

This figure only recently came out, so I doubt whoever got it would not realize what they have. Sounds like a custom job of some kind.

Yeah, we need to see pics to make an informed decision.

Just found out I defintely won it. I won't have it in hand for a few days, but I will snap some pics as soon as I get it.

Most of the stuff that is auctioned off at the annual Notre Dame event is donated by parents of kids who go there, and alot of them are in the entertainment industry. I saw two different gift baskets with DC Direct Spirit 1/6 figures in them (which retail for 99.00) go for no more than 20 or 30 bucks, even though the documentation with the items stated the items full retail value. The Kane documentation did say "150.00 retail value", no one else bid and I got it for dirt cheap.

I think you may be right that someone switched out the head. Even so, for what I paid for it, I got a killer deal.

Last edited:
Damn it. It looks like we'll never know now, as it seems someone "outbid" me at the very last minute and I lost the thing. I smell a bit of dirty dealing here, as this figure sat around for almost 3 hours until right before closing with no bid other than mine on record, but I'm too busy to go stirring up trouble with the school or the Archdiocese of Los Angeles for an action figure:D

I know now I'll be tortured by the mystery of exactly what this was until my dying day.

Last edited:
Bummer there are no pictures available... could have been a prototype, or an altered figure. Now we never get to know :monkey2

Back