HT--Executive Officer---KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhh.... Now we have a different problem. I haven't talked about this yet, but because you desire to pose with the knees bent for an extended period, it should be pointed out.
If you look closely at the pants of the spacesuit, you'll see that they are actually made from no less than seven seperate pieces:

1. a band around the abdomen, colored
2. a belt with lacing around the waist, white
3. 'short' pants, colored
4. a band of lacing on left thigh, white
5. a band of lacing on right thigh, white
6. lower left leg, colored
7. lower right leg, colored

They are all glued together with flexible silicone glue, which you can see as thin dark grey lines seperating the seven pieces of the pants.

I'm sure HT did this so the white laces would stay white forever, and the colored portions of the suit would stay colored- the less paint to rub off, the better.

Unfortunately, it also means that the glue might come apart if there is too much strain put on the seams. The good news is, you can buy flexible glue and fix the seams if they ever do come apart.

The dark gray line below the "stitched" knee section that connects to the lower leg piece IS the area that I saw stretching out dangerously. I don't want that piece to separate over time...and it looked like it would the way I had Kane posed. So for now he's standing tall once again. Ashame really. The kneeling pose works nicely I think.

When we get Lambert, I'll have her and Dallas carrying Kane.

It was I who said the suits are silicone, and they are. Trust me, I've been making molds with silicone for 16 years- it's silicone. It won't wear out!
As a test, you can hold a lighter up to the suit for a few seconds, and it WON'T MELT. Silicone is fire-proof.
I just did the test myself. Rubber would melt. (i would never have even tried this if I didn't already know it was silicone)

As long as you don't scuff it or cut or tear it, it will outlive us all, and become a part of the Earth's crust...

This is true? The suit is silicone and not rubber?? If so, there goes my last reservation about having bought this piece!
:banana

Kane arrived today!
I've just finished putting him together and he looks brilliant next to Dallas.

A couple of thoughts.
1. His head is very small! I have no problems with Dallas' head showing in the helmet, IMHO it sits perfectly. Kane however, is quite a different story... his head is tiny! I haven't switched the head to the face-hugged one (I want to have it repainted), but the face-hugged one looks very small as well, and very narrow. I think HT screwed up there.
2. All the problems I didn't have with Dallas, I had with Kane... lights didn't work properly (and it is quite a chore to get that damn back-pack on and off!), gloves and feet were too hard to put on (had to heat them up), and I have a few scratches and nicks on the suit.

So, basically, my Dallas experience was way better than my Kane experience.

Too bad about the lack of John Hurt likeness.

Anyway, now I'm ready for Lambert!

I've never even seen the movie Alien, but I'm starting to kinda want these deep sea suits:lol Definitely gonna downlo, errr, rent the movie this week

what can I say? The Colonial Marines interested me more:D I've never really been much of an alien fan until last week. I guess being exposed to them on these boards just made me like it all of a sudden.

Last edited:
What makes you guys think we're going to get Lambert? I know to us it seems obvious but I would have thought Commisioner Gordon was obvious to complete the TDK axis of good guys and it looks like thats not going to happen.

what can I say? The Colonial Marines interested me more:D I've never really been much of an alien fan until last week. I guess being exposed to them on these boards just made me like it all of a sudden.

Dude, you're in for a treat!
I'd recommend renting the latest version from the Quad set, it's the best quality out there and the movie just looks and sounds gorgeous. It's best to watch it on a decent set as well, just for effect. It's not the same to watch it on a computer screen.

As for Lambert, I think it makes sense, 'cause it's the best way of getting back the money they invested on R&D for the suits. After all, it's the same exact outfit painted blue with a different HS. And I would count on Ripley in the white suit as well.

As for Lambert, I think it makes sense, 'cause it's the best way of getting back the money they invested on R&D for the suits. After all, it's the same exact outfit painted blue with a different HS. And I would count on Ripley in the white suit as well.

Not all the money would be recycled, as making those two would require a new mold as the existing suit would look like a circus tent on an HT female body.

Yeah, making Lambert wouldn't allow for recycling, it'd have to be a resculpted smaller suit unless they're going to cheap out and give us a man-sized lambert - which most of us would hate.

And Ripleys suit from what I remember from my recent viewing of Alien is a different suit altogether - not just a white version of the other ones.

Anywhos heres the figures from Alien I would want, if only Hot toys would be willing:

-Lambert in spacesuit
-Ripley in spacesuit
-Alien, obviously - preferably screen accurate and not 'interpreted'
-Parker (torn shirt version?) w/ flamethrower
-Ripley (onboard ship fatigues) w/ flamethrower and tracker, maybe even Jones in the carry case!!
-Captain Dallas - onboard ship fatigues

I would buy the entire crew essentially but I have a feeling they wouldn't go that far so these are my special order. All other priorities rescinded!

Good points indeed...
I hadn't thought about the size issue. Although it would probably be simple to scale the whole thing down, you'd still have to create the molds, which is the expensive part.

Only received Kane yesterday. Pretty disappointing. If he had arrived at the same time as Dallas it would have had more 'newness' to distract from its flaws but when I get kane by himself, several weeks after getting dallas...he aint great.

The bits that are exclusive to Kane seem really rushed. The facehugged head, as most people have said, is painted terribly with hardly any colour distinction between the facehugger and kane's skin. The hair looks poorly sculpted and the head overall seems too small.

I also don't like the egg - the small visible part of facehugger tail looks like a severed piece just plopped on the top, dead centre as though someone planted it there! It should look like its wrapped up in all that afterbirth crap. Again, the way its sculpted it doesn't look like its attached to a whole facehugger.

Also with Kane, due to his character interactions with the alien egg in the film, its glaringly obvious that this egg is far too small.

I needn't go on about the likeness issue but my figure has the worst case of 'head barely visible above the interior rim of the helmet' that I've seen......aaaaand none of the lights work - which I'm sure is fixable but it adds insult to injury nevertheless.

Probably my most disappointing hot toys figure.

Strange that Kane could likely be the worst figure of the year while Dallas could likely be the best figure of the year. Wow...

:D

And it was Kane, not Dallas, that people were most looking forward to. If it was either/or people were picking Kane. Such a pity how it turned out. Could be worse but IMO it has little to recommend it when you already have the earlier released Dallas.

Honestly, I think any issues with Kane are pretty minor. You can't see the facehuggered sculpt very well inside the helmet, so the paint job isn't as big an issue as it might be. The main thing is that he's about 85% the exact same figure as Dallas, and if you already had Dallas you're not going to be too impressed with that. It's just the things that are different that will stand out.

Did you try removing the batteries and putting them back, by the way? I only had one light work very dimly, but putting the batteries back in made them very bright.

I like Kane just fine. I admit, I was more excited by Dallas because he was first. But I still want Lambert. Not sure HT will bother shrinking her down though. Not sure the sales of this line will justify that kind of care. But I hope they do... just not to the extent that they shrunk Eliz Swann down.

I also hope they finish up with the Ripley spacesuit and the Giger Alien. I'd like the whole Nostormo crew, but I'll settle for those 4 plus Alien.

Back