HT--Executive Officer---KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Kane from DSC. Pretty nice, but I'm still bummed about the lack of a Hurt likeness. :(

Anyway, they are both in a place of honor on my mantle (at least for the moment).

ht_kane&dallas.jpg

They both look fantastic!

I need to get mine ordered! I plan on building a custom base for my figures based on the alien land surface! Watch this space......

Bri:D

ORDER THEM BOTH NOOOOOOWWW!!! They are awesome.
Got my Kane sculpt painted up; more photos in the customs section.

SJ, have you already accurized both of your figures? Mine are still on the way so I haven't seen them in hand yet. Did you add some patina to the metal parts, or do they come that way? Looks great, by the way!

SJ, have you already accurized both of your figures? Mine are still on the way so I haven't seen them in hand yet. Did you add some patina to the metal parts, or do they come that way? Looks great, by the way!

No, the only thing I've done so far is have a go at making a new Kane headsculpt. It's good but I'm a fussy git and I'm not 100% happy with it, so may do another one soon. I'm going to follow Anthrapoid's thread for accurizing the suits, but the next and most obvious thing I'm going to change will be the innaccurate name labels on the chestplates. :D

By the way jstep13, I'd love to see your new kane headsculpt should you have a go at making one yourself.

This really should have been kept to pm's. There's no reason this should be in the middle of a thread about Dallas and Kane.

That said...I've got pics of mine coming up in just a few.

I've been going through the thread trying to find the person to whom I owe a thanks -- I'd printed out someone's suggestion for performing surgery on the underside of Dallas' collar. Unfortunately, I trashed the file after I completed the surgery.

I'll have to try some photos of the figure tomorrow -- I think these modifications make just enough difference. Here's what I did to the underside of the collar:

dallas_collar.jpg

I tried putting the shoulder straps back into place, but they made the collar ride too high, so I followed my benefactor's advice and removed the straps completely. The shoulder guards stay in place just as if the straps were still there. They ride on top of the collar instead of under it.

:D

It was Anthrapoid to whom I am indebted, and it was in another Alien Dallas/Kane thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1176178&postcount=36
Looks like I decided to check out this thread just in time! Thanks Gruff Old Bear, I'm glad my ideas helped you.

I see a few familiar faces here, but for those of you who haven't been following my thread, please take a look. I have 29 fixes for Dallas & Kane listed so far, and the thread gets updates often.

Here's the link: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1180438#post1180438

So far the thread has 12 pages, and anyone who bought or plans to buy Dallas and/or Kane should read the whole thread.

Here are some pictures of my new Kane head sculpt, in a blatent attempt to suck you in.

Last edited:
100_5215.jpg

Good photos, but this one really shows how low the head sits in the helmet. Strangely the facehuggered sculpt looks pretty much fine in this regard. Is it taller?

Just got KANE.

Cool figure. Love the facehugger head -- could use a small repaint on the human flesh, that's about it. Not sure I'll bother since it's gonna be hidden inside the helmet anyway.

Kanehugger.jpg

No time for losers, 'cause we.... are... the Cham-pions!

Kanehead.jpg

I don't have time to assemble tonight, but tomorrow I'll get him going. But I did check and all the lights work for me out of the box. So far. Had to hit the backpack a couple times to get the connection.

Just got KANE.

Cool figure. Love the facehugger head -- could use a small repaint on the human flesh, that's about it. Not sure I'll bother since it's gonna be hidden inside the helmet anyway.

Kanehugger.jpg

No time for losers, 'cause we.... are... the Cham-pions!

Kanehead.jpg

I don't have time to assemble tonight, but tomorrow I'll get him going. But I did check and all the lights work for me out of the box. So far. Had to hit the backpack a couple times to get the connection.

Great pics Guys, keep 'em Coming! :D

And congrats Wor-Gar! Long time coming, like 30 + years. :lol

Back