HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PICT0003.jpg

Were you actually trying to make them look like they're posing for the camera? This shot looks like they're doing a press call for the movie or something, very nice.

thanks MaulFan :)
Nah, I wasnt trying to get them to pose for a press call :D I never thought of them standing that way, but now that you mention it they do kinda look like that, lol

That just how I have them displayed in my detolf

Lookin forward to your pics :) Have fun puttin him together

Ok, well, pictures won't be as involved as I hoped tonight, I had opened this up at work where I got it, and I put his wrist guard with the blades somewhere safe so the blades wouldn't break, and DOH! forogt to pack up the blades when I went home, so that'll have to wait until tomorrow, but I was really eager to shoot the face and such, so I can still do some things I had planned to shoot without the wrist guard. I have to say, it's cool to get these figures and all to see the sorts of details lost on screen with lighting and all. I never realised how simplistic the P2 shoulder canon was compared to the P1 and AVP(R) Preds. Cool that they went different, but again, you don't full grasp that on screen. Time for assembly :)

I've hit a snag and I'm going to wait for one of my expert friends here to help me out.

I was putting on the shoulder armor, and I've got the plastic clips out in the back, is there a good trick for getting them back in?

Don't quite know what you mean by plastic clip (is the shoulder armor on the right?)....but if it is the same problem I had then I can help. You can just pop it back into the opening on his back armor. It is very loose and pops out quite often but you should be able to pop it back in without any problems. Hope this is what you are talking about.

I've hit a snag and I'm going to wait for one of my expert friends here to help me out.

I was putting on the shoulder armor, and I've got the plastic clips out in the back, is there a good trick for getting them back in?

I had the same problem last night too... The trick is patience and luck! I know that doesn't really help but that all there really is to it!

You get it, you just have to work it back together slowly and try and line the slot with the clips as best you can.

Hopefully one of the smarter board members can offer a better solution!

Don't quite know what you mean by plastic clip (is the shoulder armor on the right?)....but if it is the same problem I had then I can help. You can just pop it back into the opening on his back armor. It is very loose and pops out quite often but you should be able to pop it back in without any problems. Hope this is what you are talking about.

Ya, there's 2 clip style tabes that connect the halves in the back, I had to separate them to get the armor on and I've been fighting to get them back in so I was just wondering if there was any secret to getting them back in or not.

I assume you mean the arrow shaped clips that join the two halves of his armour vest together. They do/can move up and down, so have them at right angles, and they should line up to enable the two halves to slid into each other. It's easy whilst you are assembling, cause you can see where they have to slide into, but after that it's a bit hit and miss. They do come apart easily and it happens particularly, every time you want to change accessories, like hands and limb.

Ya, there's 2 clip style tabes that connect the halves in the back, I had to separate them to get the armor on and I've been fighting to get them back in so I was just wondering if there was any secret to getting them back in or not.

Have you separated the "clip tables" completely from the 2 sides of the armour, or are they connected to one of the sides of the armour... I had the canon side separated from the larger right shoulder side, with the clips still attached to the right shoulder side, the I tryed to reconnect the left (canon shoulder) side back on it. I lined up the bottom clip first then the upper shoulder clip then the front, chest plate. Was really fiddlely, but I finally got it...

Ok I see what you mean. Unable to give you any pointers unfortunately, I just lined them up and used brute force.

I assume you mean the arrow shaped clips that join the two halves of his armour vest together. They do/can move up and down, so have them at right angles, and they should line up to enable the two halves to slid into each other. It's easy whilst you are assembling, cause you can see where they have to slide into, but after that it's a bit hit and miss. They do come apart easily and it happens particularly, every time you want to change accessories, like hands and limb.

The Australians to the rescue!:lol

I think the tabs just don't fit very well. My bottom tab doesn't really snap into place properly, even if I push the two halves all the way together, but it will stay closed if I don't move it too much.

Ok, thanks guys, I'll just keep at it, just figured best to consult people if there was any trick of the trade to it before just spending time for nothing.

Well, getting there, I got the clips in, unfortunately as I did it, the shoulder pad lad came out so I had to open them again to get that back in place haha. Boy, Hicks was definitely easier, but pretty much the same, such a hassle getting the crap on. Thank goodness they look so good when you do get it all together or I'd give up long ago.

You can pop in the shoulder pad clip in after you close the two tabs. That was what I thought you meant originally.

Thanks guys, I'm about 3/4 of the way there now. Got his torso armor on now, got his hip armor on, that wasn't hard at all, some stories on here had me worried about that. My left arm was giving me issues going in, so I just have to do that and his shin guards and head and he'll be as ready as he can without his bladed wrist guard, still upset with myself forgetting that one.

Well, getting there, I got the clips in, unfortunately as I did it, the shoulder pad lad came out so I had to open them again to get that back in place haha. Boy, Hicks was definitely easier, but pretty much the same, such a hassle getting the crap on. Thank goodness they look so good when you do get it all together or I'd give up long ago.

Wait till the shin guards on the Elder. LOL! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I didn't order the Elder, he's cool looking, but for his price, I'm not going to get out of him what I will with P2, Wolf and P1 Predator. With Hot Toys figures, it's as much about the figure as the photo fun and such I can envision myself having. The Elder for me would be more a nice display piece, but I wouldn't have too much fun shooting him.

I didn't order the Elder, he's cool looking, but for his price, I'm not going to get out of him what I will with P2, Wolf and P1 Predator. With Hot Toys figures, it's as much about the figure as the photo fun and such I can envision myself having. The Elder for me would be more a nice display piece, but I wouldn't have too much fun shooting him.

Really?!? He is one of their nicest figures to date? :cool:

Ya, I just love the Predators as silent hunters, and shooting the P2 will be nice because of the mask and the overall look just has more fun and adventure to it. I agree the Elder looks fantastic, but he looks more statuesque, just lots of great detail and such, nice for some photos, but at $100+ with everything else I want, he just doesn't fit in the mix.

Ya, I just love the Predators as silent hunters, and shooting the P2 will be nice because of the mask and the overall look just has more fun and adventure to it. I agree the Elder looks fantastic, but he looks more statuesque, just lots of great detail and such, nice for some photos, but at $100+ with everything else I want, he just doesn't fit in the mix.

Darn, I would have loved to have seen you pictures. If only I could be so selective. LOL!

Back